A Nation Divided... - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 10-22-2009, 08:27 PM   #91
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 04:45 PM
Am I crazy or was one of the posters a few pages back rubbing their hands at the thought of a second civil war? That caught my attention a lot more than esoteric doctrinal debates concerning the precise flavour of Limbaugh's toxicity. Entertaining as they are.

Old 10-22-2009, 10:14 PM   #92
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
Well do you think it's a smart move?
Nope. See what watching Fox and making assumptions does?

As much as they are a boil on the ass of journalism, Obama should just remain quiet...

Old 10-23-2009, 12:01 AM   #93
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 01:45 AM
In case you needed any more convincing that Congressman Grayson is near certifiable...

YouTube - Rep Alan Grayson: Fox News Is The "Enemy Of America"

This from the 4:05 to 4:24 mark:

"Fox News and their Republican collaborators are the enemy of America. They're the enemy of anybody of who cares about healthcare in this country, the enemy of anybody who cares about educating their children, the enemy of everybody who wants energy independence or anything good for this country and certainly the enemy of peace. There's no doubt about that. They are the enemy."

This guy deserves a fat lip. Good thing we have an honest, responsible host in Ed Schultz over there at MSNBC who didn't hesitate to jump in and reprimand the guy. Oh? He didn't do that? I'm shocked. My mistake.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:16 AM   #94
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
In case you needed any more convincing that Congressman Grayson is near certifiable...

YouTube - Rep Alan Grayson: Fox News Is The "Enemy Of America"

This from the 4:05 to 4:24 mark:

"Fox News and their Republican collaborators are the enemy of America. They're the enemy of anybody of who cares about healthcare in this country, the enemy of anybody who cares about educating their children, the enemy of everybody who wants energy independence or anything good for this country and certainly the enemy of peace. There's no doubt about that. They are the enemy."

This guy deserves a fat lip. Good thing we have an honest, responsible host in Ed Schultz over there at MSNBC who didn't hesitate to jump in and reprimand the guy. Oh? He didn't do that? I'm shocked. My mistake.

This whole business of going after Fox is a waste of time in my opinion. All the Dems are doing is playing right into their hands and increasing their ratings. I understand the Obama administration feels like it needs to play hardball what with the whole healthcare debate being highjacked but I don't think this is the way to do it. Take a firm stand for a public option--that's the kind of hardball we need, not calling Fox the enemy of America.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:30 AM   #95
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
This guy deserves a fat lip.
A true patron of peace...

Buddy Jesus approves

This tea party nonsense is rubbing off on you.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:31 AM   #96
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by maycocksean View Post
This whole business of going after Fox is a waste of time in my opinion. All the Dems are doing is playing right into their hands and increasing their ratings. I understand the Obama administration feels like it needs to play hardball what with the whole healthcare debate being highjacked but I don't think this is the way to do it. Take a firm stand for a public option--that's the kind of hardball we need, not calling Fox the enemy of America.
I agree.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:23 AM   #97
Blue Crack Supplier

ok, putting aside whether or not it's a good idea to go after Fox News, for all your complaints about mean old MSNBC, the fact that it does have such partisan political entertainment shows is the fault of Fox. it was Fox who came out with a relentlessly partisan, clearly conservative point of view and called it news. they made money. they found an audience. in response, MSBNC did the same in the opposite direction.

however, can anyone honestly, HONESTLY, tell me that a horrifying piece of hackish like this belongs on a network that has "news" in the title? this is so beyond the pale i actually found it upsetting, and it's a tremendous blueprint for how Fox "News" actually works. you find an out-of-context point of coincidence, not even agreement or association, and you then "ask the question" about said person's beliefs and how they must possible could coincide with the other, more radical person. i.e., "critics are asking questions about a possible association."

http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/200910070042

click on the link and watch the video. it's the height of irresponsibility, and it's filled with shocking homophobia -- that stands right in line with the anti-marriage equality folks who keep talking about some kind of "threat" to the "children" represented by gays en masse -- that ultimately gets people killed.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:52 PM   #98
Refugee

...and still a poor choice for a safe school czar
Old 10-23-2009, 05:54 PM   #99
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer White View Post
...and still a poor choice for a safe school czar

... and, why?

i'm assuming that you have some reasons. what are they? and if they are good reasons, do you think Hannity could have brought them up without making the odious, tired, and specious connections between one/any gay man and fringe-of-the-fringe group NAMBLA?

or is this because it's not so much about the qualifications but a moment where Fox News can create a link between whatever group -- in this case, gays -- and a generalized, vague and totally irrational fear about said group and then tie all those things to Obama? doesn't Hannity's smear tie directly in to the attack ad about Obama wanting to teach sex ed to kindergardeners?

this is why Fox News isn't news. it's not. the administration is calling a spade a spade.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:17 PM   #100
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Big Government » Blog Archive » Florida Journalist Speaks His Own ‘Truth’ to Those Out of Power

A journalist for the Key News in Florida sent out an email that get out in which he says this:

"You know what? I don't believe one word you or other conservatives say. The Republican Party is now a group of mentally ill people who want nothing more than to destroy Obama's first term no matter how much the country needs his policies. I despise your party's activities and the hatred you spew on Fox and other sounding boards for the insurance companies. Please don't you dare get him killed, which is the underlying goal of you right wing nuts."

Wow, the liberal trifecta! Republicans are mentally ill, Fox News is a puppet, and conservatives want Obama to get killed! Well done.

One can only hope there are no more "journalists" out there like this. But I doubt it. At least if he gets fired for this, I'm sure there's a job waiting for him over at MSNBC.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:46 PM   #101
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Don't you ever get tired of this?
Old 10-23-2009, 06:51 PM   #102
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Of what?
Old 10-23-2009, 08:58 PM   #103
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Of this I-can-find-a-guy-just-as-screwy-on-your-side-so-i'll-continue-ignoring-how-bad-my-guy-is mentality.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:06 AM   #104
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 02:45 AM
Quote:
Big Government � Blog Archive � Florida Journalist Speaks His Own ‘Truth’ to Those Out of Power

A journalist for the Key News in Florida sent out an email that get out in which he says this:

"You know what? I don't believe one word you or other conservatives say. The Republican Party is now a group of mentally ill people who want nothing more than to destroy Obama's first term no matter how much the country needs his policies. I despise your party's activities and the hatred you spew on Fox and other sounding boards for the insurance companies. Please don't you dare get him killed, which is the underlying goal of you right wing nuts."

Wow, the liberal trifecta! Republicans are mentally ill, Fox News is a puppet, and conservatives want Obama to get killed! Well done.

One can only hope there are no more "journalists" out there like this. But I doubt it. At least if he gets fired for this, I'm sure there's a job waiting for him over at MSNBC.
What exactly is your point? That journalists are supposed to be void of opinion out of the office as well? Don't kid yourself. The moment they step off screen, the claws come out and they can say whatever the hell they like, especially on the freaking internet, of all places.
Or is there a politically numbing pill that reporters must take daily in order to ensure that they never reveal a single statement that sounds like they can form an opinion?

Why aren't you freaking out at the blatant invasion of privacy?
Old 10-24-2009, 01:02 PM   #105
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Edge View Post
What exactly is your point? That journalists are supposed to be void of opinion out of the office as well?
Yeah, that's what I said.

That goes a little beyond "having an opinion," don't you think? It's pretty ridiculous when you have anybody saying that Republicans are mentally ill and want Obama to get assassinated, and the fact that this guy is a reporter is just plain worrisome and irresponsible. When you have a guy that far to the left, I'd be surprised if this guy was able to suppress all his hatred in order to do fair, honest reporting and investigating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Of this I-can-find-a-guy-just-as-screwy-on-your-side-so-i'll-continue-ignoring-how-bad-my-guy-is mentality.
Oh please! I've yet to see BVS or any other liberals here give examples of crazy liberals! Are you going to say this same thing to him? But you want me to post some ultra-partisan, wacky conservatives? Fine. I totally condemn the birther movement or anyone who comes to a tea party showing Obama as Hitler or telling him to go back to Africa or whatever it is. They're CRAZY!

Your turn.