8-year-old boy gets lost and then murdered

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joerags

War Child
What makes this story even more sad, is that the boy did a "practice" run on Friday with his parents, according to another news account.

But on Monday, he made a wrong turn and got lost.

I am just so heartbroken over this story.

He was just 8 years old. He was an innocent little boy. My emotions right now are all over the place: angry, mad, sad, frustrated.... What kind of an animal can do this to a little boy who wanted to walk home by himself for the first time??

Good god this is like something from a Law & Order: SVU episode.

:sad:

My condolences to the family and their community.

I just can not imagine the grief.

I posted somewhere else that this really is every parents worst nightmare realised.

Every single day we try to arm our kids with the skills to face the world; try to give them the knowledge to figure out how to make the right choices, contingency plans to cover all the what ifs . . . how do you give them a contingency plan for this :sad: ~ it is tragic beyond belief.

My kids are all in double figures (teenager and two tweenies) and on the days where I work late and they have to make their own way home the fear, that something out of the ordinary will occur, is always in the back of my mind and I never rest easy until I walk through the door and see their three faces, or get the phone call / sms to say 'we're home'.

My heart really does go out to this little boys family and to his community ~ I hope their faith helps them heal and that they all live with the knowledge that they did the best they could and that, sadly, there are people in the world that no amount of foresight can protect us against :(

rest with the angels Leiby

I just can not imagine the grief.

I posted somewhere else that this really is every parents worst nightmare realised.

Every single day we try to arm our kids with the skills to face the world; try to give them the knowledge to figure out how to make the right choices, contingency plans to cover all the what ifs . . . how do you give them a contingency plan for this :sad: ~ it is tragic beyond belief.

My kids are all in double figures (teenager and two tweenies) and on the days where I work late and they have to make their own way home the fear, that something out of the ordinary will occur, is always in the back of my mind and I never rest easy until I walk through the door and see their three faces, or get the phone call / sms to say 'we're home'.

My heart really does go out to this little boys family and to his community ~ I hope their faith helps them heal and that they all live with the knowledge that they did the best they could and that, sadly, there are people in the world that no amount of foresight can protect us against :(

rest with the angels Leiby

Purplereign

I can certainly understand your feelings. Every parent is always concerned about the safety of their children when they aren't around, whether because of work or whatever. As a parent, it would scare me to death to send my kid away and wondering if he or she will come home safe.

This is a tragedy beyond comprehension. I can't imagine what the parents are going through right now. A part of me wishes I was there to help little Leiby.

When it comes to violence against innocent children, I get so emotional and angry. It's been a terrible year. First back in January, with Christina Green, and now this. These children had their lives ahead of them, and now it is cut short because of monsters.

All this makes me question, why does this happen?? It's not fair. It's not fair that these poor children had to die because of sickos.

I just was thinking how rare these types of crimes seem to have become. Growing up in the '80s it seemed like they were so common.

How awful. Just sickening.

My daughter is 11 and I have just started trusting her to walk around our neighbourhood alone. God this is just tragic!:sad:

If I have kids, I'll probably keep them in a giant bubble. :huh: This is absolutely stomach turning.

I saw the title of this article on my phone last night and couldn't get it to load to read. How horrifying :(

Really horrible story all around.

Makes me so sad too that this little kid walked around lost and probably passed a hundred people on the street and then had the misfortune of asking the wrong one for directions. Terrible. :sad:

I am reading Jaycee Dugard's book and both of those stories really bring it home for me, how unsafe this world is for kids. I just wish I could protect all of them.

Back
Top Bottom