3some

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
I have always thought that the target audience (and the primary audience that watches it) is teenagers. I just wonder how far they can/will go to top a threesome...

Group urges CW stations not to air 'Gossip Girl'
Nov. 4, 2009, 4:13 PM EST

NEW YORK (AP) -- On-air promos for a sexual threesome on an upcoming episode of "Gossip Girl" have spurred the Parents Television Council to ask affiliates of the CW network to pre-empt the show.

Airing the teen tryst, which is being teased in an ad as a "3SOME," is "reckless and irresponsible," said PTC president Tim Winter in a statement Wednesday. The threesome involves three main characters in the show but they are not identified in the promos.

The PTC has urged CW affiliate stations not to air the episode, scheduled for Nov. 9.

In a letter to the affiliates, Winter asked: "Will you now be complicit in establishing a precedent and expectation that teenagers should engage in behaviors heretofore associated primarily with adult films?"

This is not the first time the PTC has complained about the sexy prep-school soap, which Winter said is "expressly targeted to impressionable teenagers."

In July 2008, the organization spoke out against a racy marketing campaign for its new season. Ads showed intimate moments between the show's characters (on a couch, in the sack or apparently skinny-dipping), accompanied by headlines like "A Nasty Piece of Work" and "Mind-Blowingly Inappropriate."

"CW has been defending graphic content on 'Gossip Girl' by asserting that they don't target teenagers," Winters said Wednesday. "Such a claim doesn't even pass the 'laugh test.'"

CW spokesman Paul McGuire said the target audience for "Gossip Girl" is the 18-to-34 demographic, with a median viewer age of 27 years old. The network had no comment on PTC's complaint, he said.

The Parents Television Council describes itself as a nonpartisan education group advocating responsible entertainment.

I don't watch the show, but I'm going to take a wild guess that one of two scenarios play out in the episode -

1) 3some participants weigh the pros and cons throughout the episode and decide against it.

2) After not considering the pros and cons and doing it anyway, participants woefully regret it.

So before PTC gets all bent out shape, there may be a moral to the story. It's probably just an updated version of the girl who lost her virginity to the wrong boy.

The real question is whether it will be a devil's threesome or a girl girl boy threesome

This show isn't 7 Heaven where it's marketed as some real life good moral teaching show. "Gossip" is in the title, that should tell you something there. And I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time a threesome has been at least implied on "teen" TV shows.

Why has the PTC not come out against the violence of 24 or the immorality of WifeSwap?

and THIS is what the media thinks we should be concerned about? :sigh:

the only thing that concerns me is these teenage dipshits getting pregnant and bringing more dipshits into this already overpopulated with dipshits world. they can fuck all they want for all i care, just dont make more babies.

800px-Big_pig_roast.jpg

I do not have any problem with them airing the show at an appropriate time. My issue is with the commercials that air between shows. I find myself changing the station more and more due to commercials and not the shows we watch with our kids.

^ I know what you mean. Mine are still quite young and pretty limited with tv, but recently The Wizard of Oz was on during a rainy Sunday afternoon. Now I'm going to stick with DVDs for as long as possible...

Back
Top Bottom