2016 US Presidential Election Thread XIV: May This Entertainment Never End

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think that it's more likely than unlikely that there will be some sort of violence from ardent Trump supporters should Hillary win. Very scary.

Plenty of folks predicted the same for Obama 8 years ago for obvious reasons.
I honestly think Trump would have as good or better a chance as Hillary as being targeted were he to somehow win.

Orange Cosby is calling for drug tests prior to the next debate because he suspects that Hillary is using performance enhancing drugs (like athletes).

I can't even with this anymore. :|

So Clinton with her composure during debates is on drugs meanwhile Trump with his bizzare energy levels going up and down is really on no drugs ?

I'm waiting for Assange to be a good, balanced boy and dig up those missing taxes.

Obama's opponent wasn't openly attacking the democratic process and all but explicitly calling for armed rebellion if he lost the election, though. I mean, we already have the domestic terrorists in Kansas who were thankfully stopped before they could do anything.

It's definitely more coherent than what usually comes out of Trump's mouth.

HILLSBOROUGH, N.C. -- A local Republican Party office in North Carolina has been damaged by fire and someone spray-painted an anti-GOP slogan referring to “Nazi Republicans” on a nearby wall, authorities said Sunday.

CBS affiliate WNCN reported that the building was hit with graffiti and “flammable material” was thrown through a window at the Orange County Republican Party headquarters overnight starting a fire inside, police said in an email.

I honestly think Trump would have as good or better a chance as Hillary as being targeted were he to somehow win.

Yes, I agree. Didn't mean to rule that out.

It would help even up the ledger though. Three of the four assassinated US presidents were Republicans right?

Obama's opponent wasn't openly attacking the democratic process and all but explicitly calling for armed rebellion if he lost the election, though. I mean, we already have the domestic terrorists in Kansas who were thankfully stopped before they could do anything.

:up:

HILLSBOROUGH, N.C. -- A local Republican Party office in North Carolina has been damaged by fire and someone spray-painted an anti-GOP slogan referring to “Nazi Republicans” on a nearby wall, authorities said Sunday.

CBS affiliate WNCN reported that the building was hit with graffiti and “flammable material” was thrown through a window at the Orange County Republican Party headquarters overnight starting a fire inside, police said in an email.

lol

Good lord :|.

Here's hoping they catch that asshole as soon as possible.

Oh boo hoo hoo.

Nobody deserves to have their places vandalized. Period. End of story. We've got WAY too many enough threats of violence and nastiness going on with this election, we don't need crap like this.

Plus, there's also, y'know, the fact that the attacker could've potentially put other people NOT affiliated with that office in harm's way, too, with the fire.

I'd only vote for Trump if the Trump running for president was Alec Baldwin playing Trump.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

young Vladimir is an anarchist, so you won't find much sympathy for your points of view with him ;)

Yes, I'm sure Moonlit Angel has been caught unaware re: my political views. :lol:

yea, firebombing buildings is such a hilarious awesome thing to do.

Don't know about hilarity, but on a serious note, this has been used against fascist organisations in European countries - and often with some degree of success. Although this occasion does seem very spontaneous and maybe not too well thought out.

Yes, I'm sure Moonlit Angel has been caught unaware re: my political views. :lol:

Yeah, I'm aware of your views in general. But I would think you'd still kinda naturally frown on violent acts. The Republican Party doesn't need any more reasons to talk about arming themselves and "fighting back".

And, like Dave said, the whole "putting lives at risk" thing is kind of an important issue to consider, too.

On a different note, Trump naturally immediately blamed this on the Clinton campaign and Democrats, but hell, for all we know, this could've been done by a Republican who's either pissed at the Republicans who've distanced themselves from Trump, or the ones who haven't. There's a lot of Republicans who are incredibly angry at each other right now and there's a hell of a lot of infighting, as the link BoMac shared at the top of this page regarding a conservative newspaper's stance on Trump proves, so I wouldn't rule out that possibility.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm aware of your views in general. But I would think you'd still kinda naturally frown on violent acts. The Republican Party doesn't need any more reasons to talk about arming themselves and "fighting back".

(Also, Trump naturally immediately blamed this on the Clinton campaign and Democrats, but hell, for all we know, this could've been done by a Republican who's either pissed at the Republicans who've distanced themselves from Trump, or the ones who haven't. There's a lot of Republicans who are incredibly angry at each other right now and there's a hell of a lot of infighting, so I wouldn't rule out that possibility.)

Agreed on the second part, and I made the mistake of making the immediate assumption that the perpetrator was an anti-fascist. There could also be people making the association of the GOP with fascism, which I don't think is entirely accurate, but there would be many who'd feel that way.

For what it's worth, I don't like violent acts, but in dealing with these sorts of people it becomes somewhat expected - especially when you take into account fascists emboldened by the Trump campaign, and of course with the added understanding that attempts at discourse with them will always be a dead end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom