2016 US Presidential Election Thread XIV: May This Entertainment Never End

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
...Talking about violently raping women ...

j6uy55gkepeezsocisrl_zpsnpjv0qlk.gif

It's mind boggling how friends and relatives I have on Facebook who are conservative republicans blindly post clickbait articles damning Hillary without checking if they're true. I say I can't wait for this election to be over so my Facebook browsing will be less annoying but I fully realize that the next 4 years will be filled with them complaining about Hillary if she won. But seriously, I'm saddened one person I know posted a link to an article that's 100% fakes where Yoko Ono and Hillary and a lesbian affair in the 70s.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Last edited:
But seriously, I'm saddened one person I know posted a link to an article that's 100% fakes where Yoko Ono and Hillary and a lesbian affair in the 70s.

:eyebrow:

I read an article in the Des Moines Register today talking about how Trump was still slightly ahead of Clinton here in Iowa, and how Trump supporters weren't even remotely fazed by the latest scandal involving him. Their comments were full of the usual "this is how boys talk"/"Bill Clinton"/'Hillary should be in jail for her e-mails" rhetoric. It made me very embarrassed for my state.

(Course, then again, people here elected Steve King, and thought it was a good idea to let Terry Branstad be governor again, for whatever reason, so I suppose I shouldn't be all that surprised by the devotion to Trump. Still...)

It's mind boggling how friends and relatives I have on Facebook who are conservative republicans blindly post clickbait articles damning Hillary without checking if they're true. I say I can't wait for this election to be over so my Facebook browsing will be less annoying but I fully realize that the next 4 years will be filled with them complaining about Hillary if she won. But seriously, I'm saddened one person I know posted a link to an article that's 100% fakes where Yoko Ono and Hillary and a lesbian affair in the 70s.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

It's definitely becoming quite unbearable. There will almost certainly be a meltdown on there come November 9.

Two Pence fundraisers canceled due to lack of interest today.

Meanwhile, thousands of Clinton supporters lined up as early as 4:30 in the morning for the first day of early voting in Cleveland and other Ohio cities.

People/Media focus so much on polls and every little misstep every day, that the very real fact of Trump's fundraising is most likely falling off a cliff, and him having little to no ground-game at all, in contrast to Clinton who has one of the best ground games ever (second to Obama) - is the real game changer here.

Stats show that the number of Republican ballots cast early in NC, is at HALF the level of 2012. These are the things that matter.

Some guy named Evan McMullin is within the margin of error in the latest Utah polls.

Yeah, I saw that too. Not sure how reliable that poll is, but it is very interesting. McMullin is a Republican running as an independent for the #NeverTrump people. He's a Mormon from Utah, so that explains his large appeal there. Most of the 'votes' for him are coming from people who'd otherwise vote Trump. Now Clinton and Trump are both at 26% (with McMullin at 22%). I think that in the end most of McMullin's votes will go back to Trump and he'll carry the state (A poll from early September, likely without McMullin as an option, had Trump at 39%, Clinton at 26% and Johnson at 13%, which tells you a lot where McMullin's votes are coming from). Nevertheless, it is interesting. :)

Two Pence fundraisers canceled due to lack of interest today.

Well, it's not like two pence will have much effect on your budget. :p

I think the McMullin thing is going to go the other way and he could very well win the state. His campaign is only going to gain recognition as crunch time nears and people have their ballots. Utah's a relatively small state as well, so not that many people have to flip from Trump to McMullin, especially now that it's clear that Trump is essentially doomed on a national level.

This is interesting:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-30-years-of-presidential-outcomes-correctly/

Basically, the guy thinks any generic Republican would have had this in the bag in 2016 and that Trump is an outlier that will probably lose despite the historical scale showing us that a Republican would win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom