2016 US Presidential Election Thread XIV: May This Entertainment Never End

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Move over Shane Warne. Not even the Gatting ball had this much spin.

[TWEET]784580118207422465[/TWEET]

Can we remind everyone that the GOP nominee for President is being pursued in civil court for the rape of a 13 year old girl, and a Federal judge this week ruled that the trial should go on?

Cause yea.

Well done, guys. Welllllll done.

Nice try to deflect from the fact that YOU are the problem. :lol:

the right
the right
the right is on fire

59388077.jpg

I love John McCain for trying to take the higher ground in abandoning support for Trump, given he also has a penchant for cuddling up to fascists.

Remember in the last thread when this first came up and I said this wouldn't be a big deal or wouldn't change anyone's minds?

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I've never been so happy to be wrong.

This weekend has been a fuckin' riot. I'd imagine this is just the beginning of what will become a truly historic collapse.

Why one of the 17 other GOP candidates was unable to capitalize on any of this will remain a mystery for generations to come.

This weekend has been a fuckin' riot. I'd imagine this is just the beginning of what will become a truly historic collapse.

Why one of the 17 other GOP candidates was unable to capitalize on any of this will remain a mystery for generations to come.

Seems like delusional behavior from them. They still think of America as a thing of the past, when it the future is passing them by.

What's sad is that we are to blame for Trump making it this far. How we allowed such a thing is something that scares me for the future. Will this become the norm?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

including McCain,

...why was
he ever supporting him? So disappointing.

I don't understand this. As has been mentioned, he's not just trash talking about vulgar things he would like to do; he is describing things he has actually DONE.

If anybody I knew said this, I would keep talking to them only so long as necessary to get enough details to report them for sexual assault.
I got so caught up in the theoretical grab em by the pussy part, that I didn't quite take in the part where he says he just walks up to women and kisses them. That part is definitely disturbing.

if any one of them (read: the very few that had some tenuous connection to objective reality) had really pressed him hard during the debates on actually outlining any policy whatsoever, they would probably be the next president.

I suspect that this is the death punch that will finally put this election to rest. Cant believe it was ever close to begin with, considering Trump's public declarations have only barely been more acceptable than the rape-hungry imagery he's been cought spouting this weekend.

I also suspect there will be further revelations of recordings of Trump saying even more awful things, but before then will be the debate and he'll know doubt save everyone's time by providing new material to work with.

...why was
he ever supporting him? So disappointing.

I got so caught up in the theoretical grab em by the pussy part, that I didn't quite take in the part where he says he just walks up to women and kisses them. That part is definitely disturbing.

Trump basically threatened to support McCains senate primary opponent, so McCain played nice.

The debate tonight should get ridiculous ratings...

Which brings us to the idea that NBC had this tape on Monday and chose to sit on it until after the debate, likely because this is the debate that goes head to head with Sunday Night Football, NBC's highest rated program.

Of course they were scooped and this became moot. But real news with the ability to rock the election was held back in the name of TV ratings.

Which kinda in a way explains how we got Trump in the first place.

On another note, this just shows how warped the American idea of "morality" really is.

Mexicans are rapists? Fine.
Ban all Muslims? Fine.
Deport people who the 'American Dream' told them they'd look after? Fine.
Talk about shooting people? Fine.
Encourage violence? Fine.
Whip up fascist sympathy? Fine.

Say a rude word? NOT IN AMERICA.

Yeah, I'll bite the bullet.

This isn't that shocking, and the majority of people are pretending to be outraged.

If you didn't already know for a virtual fact that Trump would say something like this...I've no idea what you've been doing.

If you think that the average person has not heard similar things said, usually in obvious jest (though the argument can be made that he's obviously not deathly serious here - just being an asshole to be an asshole), you've been able to insulate yourself from assholes much better than I have.

Breaking news: careless, narcissistic asshole makes careless, narcissistic asshole jokes to friend privately.

How fucking thick are you? You realise these "jokes" are directly responsible for women being sexually assaulted? A joke about being able to go up to women and grab their pussy normalises the act.

Jesus christ. Climate change isn't the biggest threat to our existence. It's men. Men are horrible.

I can't justify voting for this guy and being okay with this behavior. Disgusting and his "apology" video was disgraceful. Man up and take some personal responsibility! Tells me that his man has no leadership. This country is desperate for leadership!
This goes a lot deeper than just a "locker room language" cop out. Because if he's being lumped in with the type of guys who talk like that in a locker room, he's a real POS.
Hopefully he drops out and let's someone like Romney or Kasich take the nomination.

This is a quick turnaround...

Two people that I've almost blocked on Facebook for their pro-Trump posts have now publicly said they won't vote on Election Day. Obviously just two examples in my bubble but makes me wonder if the true effect from the video will be that his voter turnout will decrease, but not necessarily in Clinton's favor (which still helps her)

On another note, this just shows how warped the American idea of "morality" really is.

Ban all Muslims? Fine.

This isn't because Trump said pussy.

This is because Trump alluded to committing sexual assault, and that he's done it before.

I agree that Trump should have been disqualified a year ago, and you can thank the GOP for that, but this isn't because he said a bad word.

Two people that I've almost blocked on Facebook for their pro-Trump posts have now publicly said they won't vote on Election Day. Obviously just two examples in my bubble but makes me wonder if the true effect from the video will be that his voter turnout will decrease, but not necessarily in Clinton's favor (which still helps her)

More Republicans not voting is fine with me. Hopefully this reverberates down local races and we get a Congress which will get stuff done this time.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

How fucking thick are you? You realise these "jokes" are directly responsible for women being sexually assaulted? A joke about being able to go up to women and grab their pussy normalises the act.

Jesus christ. Climate change isn't the biggest threat to our existence. It's men. Men are horrible.

This is a quick turnaround...

I'm just gonna sit back and laugh at the fact that your reading comprehension skills haven't equipped you with the ability to understand I'm communicating almost precisely the same idea as you were in the post immediately prior to the quoted post.

But hey man, you keep seeking out those virtue points. I'm amused

Ban all Muslims? Fine.

Breaking news: careless, narcissistic asshole makes careless, narcissistic asshole jokes to friend privately.

Please tell me you were trying to make a joke by imitating America's moral police that you just finished mocking.

I don't want to live in a world where you think this exchange makes sense.

The only thing Trump supporters (in my social media bubble) are talking about is how Trump said Pussy

While Bill Clinton is LITERALLY a rapist, and Hillary shamed the victims.

To my knowledge, Bill was never convicted of any crime, and there's been plenty of allegations brought against him.

He's had affairs with Monica, and Gennifer Flowers. He settled out of court with Paula Jones which some could take as admission of guilt.

But no rape.

I'm sorry but if this is your only fucking comeback to your candidates repulsiveness, then I feel you belong in the basket of deplorables.

How badly do you want Your side to win?

I don't think I can stomach the debates tonight. Especially if Trump goes all in on the Bill Clinton Rape Machine.

I know Hillary is being prepped for it, and she's not going to take his bait. But how embarrassing for a country that it could go down this route. For the whole world to watch.

We have so many issues in this country and all we focus on is marriage affairs

I do not understand the point you are trying to make.

I'm feeling charitable, though disappointed.

This is the 25th least shocking thing Trump said. You seem to have understood that last page, but lost that knowledge on this one.

This is someone who came out and immediately called war prisoners losers.

Who immediately concluded that a woman asking him tough questions must be on her period.

Who decided imitating a disabled guy was the best way to make fun of him.

What single moment in history would've given anyone the smallest doubt that there were private conversations like this?

I saw the headline and was only surprised that it leaked, not that it happened.

Breaking news: trump says something trump-like for the 1000th time.

You are literally making this same point when you bemoan the strange state of American morality, where no one is shocked or outraged at the myriad of crazy shit trump has already said, but are instead completely incensed because - and let's keep it 100, do not believe the "I just walk up and kiss 'em!" part is what's keeping this alive - he said pussy.

I have no idea how you can make the point that it's hilarious that *this* is where everyone draws the line with Trump, and then get pissy at me for communicating ostensibly the same idea

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom