2016 US Presidential Election Thread XIV: May This Entertainment Never End

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming he's not trolling, why argue with this guy when the gulf between our definition of murder and his is absolutely enormous? You're not getting anywhere with somebody that steadfastly thinks his opposition is a gang of bloodthirsty murderers. :shrug:

*Reads previous pages*

So...moving on...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/texas-co...-be-told-when-shes-being-nasty-164531084.html

In discussing the third and final 2016 presidential debate with Fox News Radio host Alan Colmes, Babin defended Donald Trump’s decision to turn to the audience while Clinton was speaking and interject: “Such a nasty woman!”

“You know what? She’s saying some nasty things,” Babin replied.

“You think it’s appropriate to call her a ‘nasty woman’?” pressed Colmes, a liberal political commenter.

“Well, I’m a genteel Southern gentleman, Alan,” the GOP congressman maintained.

“So does that mean no?” Colmes said.

“No, I think sometimes a lady needs to be told when she’s being nasty,” Babin said.

“Oh, really?”

“I do.”

Total mystery why this party is struggling with female voters. Yep.

Don't for a minute pretend that the feminism of today is what you have just described. It's become something completely different now, where men are held to a much higher standard. Take the Tostee trial for instance, the reporting in the mainstream media have targeted the fact that he was a bit rough with her in his drunken state but conveniently ignores her violence towards him. Today's feminism doesn't seek equality, it seeks a lot more rights for women than men. It sickens me.

This bullshit claim is the bread and butter of militant, sad, pathetic MRAs. If your masculinity is so threatened it says a hell of a lot more about you than it does about feminists.

Have you been to NZ? Trust me, you will agree with me once you have.

Answer the question sicko.

*Reads previous pages*

So...moving on...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/texas-co...-be-told-when-shes-being-nasty-164531084.html

Total mystery why this party is struggling with female voters. Yep.

Something I find really strange is the Venn diagram of conservatives' views of women. There's a bloke I follow on Twitter who has written articles bemoaning the lack of chivalry in today's society, which, okay, if I humour you I can see the merit in.

They all think they're such gentlemen for their "women and children first" stance.

Except they're the same men who think women's roles in society is to bear children, cook, clean, be seen and not heard.

They will thumb their nose down at me for not holding a door open or taking the prettiest girl to the ball as if I'm some sort of monster, but fuck those women if they want to get an abortion, or equal pay, or not stalked right?

Something I find really strange is the Venn diagram of conservatives' views of women. There's a bloke I follow on Twitter who has written articles bemoaning the lack of chivalry in today's society, which, okay, if I humour you I can see the merit in.

They all think they're such gentlemen for their "women and children first" stance.

Except they're the same men who think women's roles in society is to bear children, cook, clean, be seen and not heard.

They will thumb their nose down at me for not holding a door open or taking the prettiest girl to the ball as if I'm some sort of monster, but fuck those women if they want to get an abortion, or equal pay, or not stalked right?

It's easy enough to reconcile for these people, since to them women are objects. They exist either for men to demonstrate their virtuous qualities as "nice guys", or to act as a pretty ornament attached to your arm.

Bingo. It's patronizing and incredibly hypocritical.

Another example is the right's hand-wringing about women possibly being attacked in restrooms in relation to the whole transgender thing. Their "concern" has a really uncomfortable air of, "But how will these poor fragile women be able to defend and protect themselves?!" about it that seriously rubs me the wrong way and tends to speak MUCH more to their obvious discomfort with people not following their stereotypical view of how men and women are "supposed" to look.

The whole attitude kind of reads to me like that description of "nice guys" who do all these superficially "gentlemanly" things, stuff they think men are "supposed" to do for women...while secretly having not so innocent underlying reasons for doing them.

This bullshit claim is the bread and butter of militant, sad, pathetic MRAs. If your masculinity is so threatened it says a hell of a lot more about you than it does about feminists.

Answer the question sicko.

Moderator, are you going to publicly shame this poster the way you did me and issue him with a warning as well?

As for cobl04, I really do pity whoever your friends and family are for having to deal with a pretentious and self righteous wanker on a daily basis.

Nasty is winning
143422-full.jpg

The thing is, Cobbler's a lot of things, but pretentious isn't one of them. And I think he's gotten over what self-righteousness he had. As for being a wanker, there are just some things I don't need to know.

He does talk in a goofy accent, but he lets me sip his beer. :heart:

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Moderator, are you going to publicly shame this poster the way you did me and issue him with a warning as well?

As for cobl04, I really do pity whoever your friends and family are for having to deal with a pretentious and self righteous wanker on a daily basis.

A mod didn't "publicly shame" you. You did that, your victimhood nonsense is ridiculous. Grow up, stop playing victim. It's sad to watch.

That being said Diemen is fair and he probably will say something to cobbler for calling you a name, but other than that he did no wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

It seems there is a fallacy lodged in the conservative mind that women use abortions as a convenient, first-option birth control method instead of the last resort that it almost always is.

A mod didn't "publicly shame" you. You did that, your victimhood nonsense is ridiculous. Grow up, stop playing victim. It's sad to watch.

That being said Diemen is fair and he probably will say something to cobbler for calling you a name, but other than that he did no wrong.

Give it a rest will you, The crux of the matter is that a few people could not handle one statement that I made which was the life imprisonment sentence bit. Instead of actually thinking for a minute that that statement makes perfect sense based on my underlying belief that there is no difference between murder and abortion, people started to call me a troll etc. Newsflash, I'm not the only person in this world who thinks abortion is murder. So get off you high horse and stop pretending that others did not contribute to this as well.

Should I have attacked Axver and New Zealand? Probably not but his condescending posts over the last few weeks is what led me to do so.

I too believe Diemen is fair and will call out cobl for being a dick.

Give it a rest will you, The crux of the matter is that a few people could not handle one statement that I made which was the life imprisonment sentence bit. Instead of actually thinking for a minute that that statement makes perfect sense based on my underlying belief that there is no difference between murder and abortion, people started to call me a troll etc. Newsflash, I'm not the only person in this world who thinks abortion is murder. So get off you high horse and stop pretending that others did not contribute to this as well.

Should I have attacked Axver and New Zealand? Probably not but his condescending posts over the last few weeks is what led me to do so.

I too believe Diemen is fair and will call out cobl for being a dick.

Give it a rest? I'm the one being calm here. And no, that is not the crux of the matter. The fact that you don't realize that, that is a big part of the issue.

No, but we could just ignore posters who are trying to incite stuff with strings of overly-aggressive and hostile posts.

Or we can engage without caving into their childish antics. There's a time and place for everyone, right?

You don't get to bemoan the lack of moderator call outs for insults and then in the very next sentence insult the person who you want called out.

Apparently you didn't get the message.

Last edited:
And cobbler, cut out the insults.

This is exactly the kind of scenario (moderator requests ignored) that make deletions seem like the better option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom