2016 US Presidential Election Thread XIV: May This Entertainment Never End

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dread each and every one of these debates. Though given FTA TV is showing it I might be tempted to tune in.

The two minutes I saw of the first debate were sufficient to be a health hazard.

ABC24, the station with literally no reason to exist. Because 'news', like rust, apparently never sleeps. In actual fact I suspect they have real difficulty filling up the hours.

For the millions of Americans struggling, they need to just grab themselves by the pussy and get back out there!!

I don't even know if I can watch the next debates. Does Trump even show up? Can't see his presidential temperament being too cool

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

What a surprise that Trump can't even apologize without shifting the blame on someone else.

Hey Trump, when you say that what you said and did doesn't compare to the actions of others who actually assaulted women, you do realize that you straight up admitted to sexually assaulting women in the video, right?

To be honest, if he didn't shift blame, he would be 100% done for.

His whole campaign has been about his "strength" and his unwillingness to apologize in full for things he's said. This is arguably the first time he has come out with his tail between his legs.

In some light, shifting the blame is kind of what "keeps him going."

Where are our Republican members who were so quick to pounce on Bono for daring to criticize Donald Trump on Wednesday?

What is their further justification for supporting this man?

they're all on vacation this weekend.

there is no doubt in my mind that this tape was leaked by the trump campaign. #tanksgiving2016

Last edited:
they're all on vacation this weekend.

there is no doubt in my mind that this tape was leaked by the trump campaign. #tanksgiving2016
Ehhhh it wouldn't shock me but the only people who had this were at NBC. They were prepping their own story to air right after the debate and somehow it leaked out. More likely that a staffer got a big pay day (which is good for the staffer, considering said staffer is about to be fired).

Where are our Republican members who were so quick to pounce on Bono for daring to criticize Donald Trump on Wednesday?

What is their further justification for supporting this man?

Brah but Bono dsnt pay taxes like Trump so who is he to judge?

Not very accepting of Bono. He's supposed 2 b accepting. Hippocrite.

But Bill Clinton also had sex with women. Trump and Hillary are therefore both monsters. I can't tell who's worse.

Finally read the transcript of what he said... I'm not at angry as I was expecting to be. Male bullshit. Nothing as shocking as was made out. Maybe the days of hearing about it desensitized me to what he actually says, Idk.

Finally read the transcript of what he said... I'm not at angry as I was expecting to be. Male bullshit. Nothing as shocking as was made out. Maybe the days of hearing about it desensitized me to what he actually says, Idk.

I mean I'm sort of in this thought as well. It'd only be shocking were it something we didn't expect.

But this is exactly what a sexist pig looks like. Not just Trump. This is the frat boy brohard sexism and disgusting kind of intentions many men have. And that's how they talk.

This is just official confirmation -- he can't dance around it now.

It also reminds us that when people say that someone is "playing the race card" or "playing the woman card" they are denying that racism and sexism are forces that actively shape our experiences and, instead, are just tools wielded at opportune times.

Yeah, I'll bite the bullet.

This isn't that shocking, and the majority of people are pretending to be outraged.

If you didn't already know for a virtual fact that Trump would say something like this...I've no idea what you've been doing.

If you think that the average person has not heard similar things said, usually in obvious jest (though the argument can be made that he's obviously not deathly serious here - just being an asshole to be an asshole), you've been able to insulate yourself from assholes much better than I have.

Breaking news: careless, narcissistic asshole makes careless, narcissistic asshole jokes to friend privately.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I can't justify voting for this guy and being okay with this behavior. Disgusting and his "apology" video was disgraceful. Man up and take some personal responsibility! Tells me that his man has no leadership. This country is desperate for leadership!
This goes a lot deeper than just a "locker room language" cop out. Because if he's being lumped in with the type of guys who talk like that in a locker room, he's a real POS.
Hopefully he drops out and let's someone like Romney or Kasich take the nomination.

a0b90.gif

Latest tweet: "The media and establishment want me out of the race so badly - I WILL NEVER DROP OUT OF THE RACE, WILL NEVER LET MY SUPPORTERS DOWN! #MAGA"

This reprobate doesn't even think this a big deal or doesn't seem to understand that he NO CHANCE OF WINNING.
WTF IS WRONG WITH GUY!

Now would be the time for a mainstream republican to announce a bi.. oh right, nobody can get on the ballot in all 50 states. Nvm.

Better yet, we need a list of republicans who refused to endorse him from day 1.

Jebbers Bush
Georgie Bush
Georgie 2 Bush
Mittens
Ben Sasse

Am I missing anyone?

This was before the leaking of all those video clips, but I also read a thing earlier this week/last week about how Trump has received zero endorsements from any of the major newspapers in this country, including some of the more conservative-leaning ones. USA Today came out recently and said in no uncertain terms that he was not fit to be president.

Presuming Trump loses in November, it'll be very interesting to see what lessons the Republican Party learns (or doesn't learn) from this election cycle, and how they handle future elections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom