2012 VP Debate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Paul Ryan did some sort of workout shoot with Time Magazine. I shouldn't be, but I am :lol: ing. I know someone here will be drooling :D

Who the hell thought this one was a good idea?

s-PAUL-RYAN-WORKOUT-large640.jpg

s-PAUL-RYAN-WORKOUT-large640.jpg

OK, the first picture scares me a little. Second one is pretty cute, though.

It just reminds me of how he lied about his marathon time.

Wait, wait ... it gets even better.

tumblr_mbqjcqkH5z1qza5a8o1_500.gif

:lmao: Oh, god, he's winking at me now! Thanks.

Dear god, he looks like he could be the relative of Mr. Schuester on "Glee".

Yeah. I'm rather interested to see how this debate's going to go down tonight. I anxiously await Paul Ryan finally explaining the math of his economic plan to everyone, since it was apparently too much for him to get into in that one recent interview :hyper:!

:lmao: Oh, god, he's winking at me now! Thanks.

Dear god, he looks like he could be the relative of Mr. Schuester on "Glee".

Yeah. I'm rather interested to see how this debate's going to go down tonight. I anxiously await Paul Ryan finally explaining the math of his economic plan to everyone, since it was apparently too much for him to get into in that one recent interview :hyper:!

He will do the math.

Oh, well. We'll see how that scrappy kid from Scranton does. Hometown boy--well until he was 10 or so. Cause we're all hardscrabble and stuff.:rolleyes: I like Biden though. He doesn't filter much. That's good to see sometimes.

OK am I the only one annoyed that they are starting with this question? Not to minimize the tragedy but...

Liesje said:
OK am I the only one annoyed that they are starting with this question? Not to minimize the tragedy but...

Seems to kind of lead of in favor of the Republican ticket.

Eh, yeah, but at the same time I do like that it's being cleared up and discussed right away.

As for the whole Iran thing, I'm no fan of them getting nuclear weapons either and there's indeed some nutjobs in that part of the world, no question, but quite frankly, I'm more scared of people here in my own country some days than I am Iran right now.

So it seems like Biden is clearly winning so far but I'm a little nervous about his body language when Ryan is speaking.

Thoughts?

Biden's rough around the edges but it's working so far. I'd say they are at least even.

Irvine511 said:
Seems like Biden is eating him alive.

But what do I know?

My thoughts too but I also didn't think that Romney clearly won last week either.

I think Ryan's going for a pleasant, easy-going look while he's listening, but it easily slips over into "smug" territory with that small little smile.

His strategy of doing that folksy laugh thing every time Ryan talks is hilarious. It's like he's saying to the viewer "Isn't that the most ridiculous thing you ever heard."

Biden's rough around the edges but it's working so far. I'd say they are at least even.

Agreed.

I must admit I did like Paul Ryan's little joke about not getting the words out the way you want all the time while looking pointedly at Biden. And Biden had a good comeback to that. I don't think that's a good excuse for the Romney quote they were discussing, but it was a good back and forth between them.

And speaking of Romney, how about that story about him visiting that family? That's kinda interesting.

FYI, Obama's chances on InTrade have gone up 3% since this debate started.

Back
Top Bottom