2012 US Elections, Continued - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-16-2012, 01:12 AM   #76
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,035
Local Time: 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP. For the love of god, just STOP already, GOP.

You guys have nobody to blame but yourselves for your loss. People are tired of the birther crap. They're tired of poor people or anyone who gets any sort of government aid being attacked and called "freeloaders" (I guess that includes veterans, too, then, GOP? Let's not forget, after all, that the GOP had to be shamed into supporting healthcare for 9/11 first responders. By a comedian on TV, of all people. The party that exploited 9/11 and its heroes for all sorts of political gain over the past decade just couldn't seem to cough up the money or time or attention when it really mattered, and the way they handled that issue easily ranks as one of THE most despicable things that party's ever done).

They're tired of the "gay marriage will bring the downfall of society oh my god!" apocalyptic hand-wringing, 'cause it's all lies and absurdity. They're tired of women being insulted and patronized and yelled at for daring to think they have the right to control their own bodies and use birth control (and are tired of being called sluts for using it, too). They're tired of the stunning ignorance the Akins and Mourdocks of the world have shown regarding how biology and women's bodies even WORK. They're tired of the sympathy for the rich with continued tax cuts for them ('cause otherwise they can't "create jobs" or some such BS like that)...

They're just tired of all of it. It's insulting, disturbing, and ignorant, and also has absolutely NOTHING to do with fixing our economy-you know, that thing that you guys swore up and down you'd fix because Obama wasn't doing a good job of fixing it? Yeah. I didn't hear any economic plans, all I heard was obsessive attempts to make laws on abortion and gay marriage and insults towards poor people instead.

Your party desperately needs to learn to deal with all this and tell the people who espouse such crazy ideas noted above to shut the hell up already.

In short, it's not us, it's you.
This is an awesome post.
__________________

__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:18 AM   #77
Blue Crack Supplier
 
dazzledbylight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: in the sound dancing - w Bono & Edge :D
Posts: 33,002
Local Time: 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
The House Majority Leader of the Georgia Senate hosted an interesting presentation last month:

Top Georgia GOP Lawmakers Host Briefing on Secret Obama Mind-Control Plot | Mother Jones













they're onto us!









omg diemen!
The B&W photo-illustration!!! The Conspirasies Chart!!!

I'd say the arched eyebrow on your avi's definately also contributes
a spot on commentary, too!
__________________

__________________
dazzledbylight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:40 AM   #78
Blue Crack Supplier
 
dazzledbylight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: in the sound dancing - w Bono & Edge :D
Posts: 33,002
Local Time: 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl View Post
Charlie Webster, Maine GOP Chair, Alleges That Black Voters Came To Rural Towns To Vote

Riiiiight! Talk about conspiracy run amok!

Oh boy, the GOP is self-destructing so badly its actually getting funny to watch!
Pres Obama must have used His Mind-Powers to Render aircrafts carrying black people (hundreds!) Invisible, land in rural Maine, run in to vote, run out, get back in the Invisible aircraft and flllyyyyyy awwwaaaaayyyy!
*cue suitable spooky music*



Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Guess what's coming out on November 20th, just in time for Christmas:



__________________
dazzledbylight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:49 AM   #79
Blue Crack Supplier
 
dazzledbylight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: in the sound dancing - w Bono & Edge :D
Posts: 33,002
Local Time: 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanchick99 View Post
I voted for Obama and I still haven't gotten my free stuff.

there's aT-shirt in this, people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Obama is better than Oprah's favorite things and Ellen's 12 Days of Giveaways.
__________________
dazzledbylight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:32 AM   #80
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 19,270
Local Time: 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
This is an awesome post.
Thanks. Apologies if it got kind of "rant"-y but it felt good to get it out, 'cause the types of stuff Romney and O'Reilly and people like them have been saying lately is just pissing me off.
__________________
Moonlit_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:55 AM   #81
Blue Crack Supplier
 
dazzledbylight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: in the sound dancing - w Bono & Edge :D
Posts: 33,002
Local Time: 01:47 PM
oh.,..... you don't have to apologize for anything in that post, ML!
(you weren't ranting at anyone here personally)

you did good!
__________________
dazzledbylight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:09 AM   #82
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2Fanatic4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: nowhere..........man
Posts: 20,254
Local Time: 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP. For the love of god, just STOP already, GOP.

You guys have nobody to blame but yourselves for your loss. People are tired of the birther crap. They're tired of poor people or anyone who gets any sort of government aid being attacked and called "freeloaders" (I guess that includes veterans, too, then, GOP? Let's not forget, after all, that the GOP had to be shamed into supporting healthcare for 9/11 first responders. By a comedian on TV, of all people. The party that exploited 9/11 and its heroes for all sorts of political gain over the past decade just couldn't seem to cough up the money or time or attention when it really mattered, and the way they handled that issue easily ranks as one of THE most despicable things that party's ever done).

They're tired of the "gay marriage will bring the downfall of society oh my god!" apocalyptic hand-wringing, 'cause it's all lies and absurdity. They're tired of women being insulted and patronized and yelled at for daring to think they have the right to control their own bodies and use birth control (and are tired of being called sluts for using it, too). They're tired of the stunning ignorance the Akins and Mourdocks of the world have shown regarding how biology and women's bodies even WORK. They're tired of the sympathy for the rich with continued tax cuts for them ('cause otherwise they can't "create jobs" or some such BS like that)...

They're just tired of all of it. It's insulting, disturbing, and ignorant, and also has absolutely NOTHING to do with fixing our economy-you know, that thing that you guys swore up and down you'd fix because Obama wasn't doing a good job of fixing it? Yeah. I didn't hear any economic plans, all I heard was obsessive attempts to make laws on abortion and gay marriage and insults towards poor people instead.

Your party desperately needs to learn to deal with all this and tell the people who espouse such crazy ideas noted above to shut the hell up already.

In short, it's not us, it's you.
you my dear, freakin rock! great post!

and I hope u don't mind but I had to post this on FB.. such a great post that really sums it all up..
__________________
U2Fanatic4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:11 AM   #83
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2Fanatic4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: nowhere..........man
Posts: 20,254
Local Time: 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzledbylight View Post
Pres Obama must have used His Mind-Powers to Render aircrafts carrying black people (hundreds!) Invisible, land in rural Maine, run in to vote, run out, get back in the Invisible aircraft and flllyyyyyy awwwaaaaayyyy!
*cue suitable spooky music*







hahaha.. yeah all stealth like.
__________________
U2Fanatic4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:23 PM   #84
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 19,270
Local Time: 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Fanatic4ever View Post
you my dear, freakin rock! great post!

and I hope u don't mind but I had to post this on FB.. such a great post that really sums it all up..
Thanks, and no, don't mind at all! Hopefully it comes across well to the people who read it there, too.
__________________
Moonlit_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:26 PM   #85
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Popmartijn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 32,543
Local Time: 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maycocksean View Post
Me neither! I figured give it three to five business days right, but so far nothing. . .

Very disappointed. . .
Yeah. I'm not impressed...

__________________
Popmartijn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:13 PM   #86
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,730
Local Time: 10:47 AM
Love it.
__________________
corianderstem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:36 PM   #87
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,238
Local Time: 12:47 PM
It's nice having a potus who isn't oblivious to pop culture.
__________________
Diemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:06 PM   #88
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 10:47 AM
more smirking

__________________
deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:50 PM   #89
War Child
 
Dfit00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 893
Local Time: 02:47 PM
I am sure O-man wouldn't smirk if he were next to Putin.
__________________
Dfit00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:41 AM   #90
Acrobat
 
ladyfreckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Seattle
Posts: 402
Local Time: 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP. For the love of god, just STOP already, GOP.

You guys have nobody to blame but yourselves for your loss. People are tired of the birther crap. They're tired of poor people or anyone who gets any sort of government aid being attacked and called "freeloaders" (I guess that includes veterans, too, then, GOP? Let's not forget, after all, that the GOP had to be shamed into supporting healthcare for 9/11 first responders. By a comedian on TV, of all people. The party that exploited 9/11 and its heroes for all sorts of political gain over the past decade just couldn't seem to cough up the money or time or attention when it really mattered, and the way they handled that issue easily ranks as one of THE most despicable things that party's ever done).

They're tired of the "gay marriage will bring the downfall of society oh my god!" apocalyptic hand-wringing, 'cause it's all lies and absurdity. They're tired of women being insulted and patronized and yelled at for daring to think they have the right to control their own bodies and use birth control (and are tired of being called sluts for using it, too). They're tired of the stunning ignorance the Akins and Mourdocks of the world have shown regarding how biology and women's bodies even WORK. They're tired of the sympathy for the rich with continued tax cuts for them ('cause otherwise they can't "create jobs" or some such BS like that)...

They're just tired of all of it. It's insulting, disturbing, and ignorant, and also has absolutely NOTHING to do with fixing our economy-you know, that thing that you guys swore up and down you'd fix because Obama wasn't doing a good job of fixing it? Yeah. I didn't hear any economic plans, all I heard was obsessive attempts to make laws on abortion and gay marriage and insults towards poor people instead.

Your party desperately needs to learn to deal with all this and tell the people who espouse such crazy ideas noted above to shut the hell up already.

In short, it's not us, it's you.
Bless this post.
__________________

__________________
ladyfreckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com