2012 Presidential Debates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
Just thought I'd start a thread. Who knows how active it will be..

I guess I'll watch, since it is the first one and since it should be important.

I won't be able to watch it tonight, but I set my DVR.

I fully expect that by the time I'm able to watch it tomorrow night, I'll be so sick of hearing about it, I'll delete it from the DVR.

I'll be watching

Romney is going to hit it out of the park.
(I have an (xxlarge) inside source from NJ)

I'm going to bed on time. It's not that I don't care, I *do* care and I already know who/what I'm voting for.

I'm watching but I'm also doing other things at the same time. I just wonder how Romney will present himself for this fight (because it is a fight no matter what) and how Obama will present himself differently than he did four years ago. It won't affect who I vote for.

Romney moving hard to the center, at least so far.

He's doing pretty well, at least so far.

Romney's acting like a rude brat by repeatedly cutting off Jim Lehrer. But remember, Obama is the arrogant one! :rolleyes:

if Romney is right, that he will bring the tax rates down, but do away with some deductions to keep the same level of revenue, then why do it?

unless he is shifting who pays that revenue

Romney moving hard to the center, at least so far.

He's doing pretty well, at least so far.

Of course he is!

It's not the trainwreck I wondered if it'd be, no, but the whole thing about people coming up to him and Ann and asking "Can you help us?" at the start of the debate-given some of Mitt's recent remarks about people in those situations it especially rang seriously hollow to me.

Plus, he's babbling over time a lot and trying to be all, "Just let me get this in" a lot and it's annoying.

Tweet of the night:

"Imma let you finish, but my tax plan was the best plan of all time. All time." - Romney

One thing for sure, SNL is going to have a field day mocking this debate.

I'm supposed to be watching this on mute and judging these guys purely on the superficial, right?

Romney's flag pin is bigger.

There's no better way to judge a debate than on the Six Sigmas of business executive Jack Donaghy: teamwork, insight, brutality, male enhancement, hand-shake-fulness and play-hard. So who won the handshake?

Positioning: Mitt Romney began with advantageous position, his active hand appearing closer to the camera. President Obama negated this advantage with an aggressive bicep grab. Winner: Obama

Creativity: Eschewing the possibility of a "terrorist fist jab" or a complex series of "boyz in the hood" maneuvers, President Obama conceded a tactical advantage. Winner: Romney

Return to Podium: President Obama was first, communicating virility and aggressiveness, but reminding viewers of his speedy Kenyan heritage. Winner: Draw

Overall Winner: Obama

Well, I think Romney performed pretty well, particularly in the early part of the debate. His first statement with his concise outlining of his five point plan was very strong. Still, I don't know that I'd declare him the overall winner though as the President held his own.

One thing that was very clear to me though Romney wouldn't quite say it, is that if he is elected he will repeal Obamacare but will not actually replace it with anything on the federal level. He'd leave it for the individual states to hash it out.

I found Romney's statements on taxes and such--saying he wouldn't cut taxes for anyone--as very much a push to the center.

Big win for Romney.

Don't take my word for it, switch to MSNBC and watch the core meltdown they're having.

Eh, I decided well before the debate not to watch the punditry afterwards. I wanted to draw my own conclusions without the influence of the talking heads. I would agree with win. I don't know that I would go with "big win."

I'm sure I'll hear all about it tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom