2012 Presidential Debates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Romney is terrible tonight. He's the rich kid who never had to wait his turn. The CNN audience hates him.

I'm finding that Romney is not actually answering any of the questions.

No, he's not. He went through a long roundabout non-answer to that kid about the jobs and said, "I know how to create jobs" and...left it at that. Okay, if you know how, TELL US.

Obama's fighting back more this time, though, and had a good remark about gas prices at Romney, so hooray for that.

He does seem completely uncertain of how he's supposed to be doing this debate. OR he thinks he's still in PBS land and can walk all over the moderator, which clearly he can't.

Romney's on the defensive tonight, and because he hasn't spent 4 years having shit thrown at him, he's not handling it as smoothly as Obama.

I don't think Romney is doing better tonight.

that last debate was at least a 80 - 20 win for Romney
Obama recently even said Romney did better than him, I can't understand anyone not calling it a Romney win.

Tonight Obama is doing much better, Romney is even in the polls or perhaps a bit ahead. Tonight I think this could end up as a small Romney win. Say, 55% calling it for Romney.

Only because of the style and fake promises he can make in a sincere voice. Obama has a more difficult task in that he has to defend the last 4 years, and even though things are improving. The basic question, are you satisfied with the way things are now?
Well these 'undecideds' and swing voters seem to think 'change' is one option, and status quo the other? Change sounds a little better.

Slam dunk Obama!

obama-basketball-550x515.jpg

He used the Big Bird thing all wrong. He should have pointed out that PBS is like .0000000001% of the budget instead of falling back on a meme.

Still a finger roll at least.

Obama recently even said Romney did better than him, I can't understand anyone not calling it a Romney win.

Tonight Obama is doing much better, Romney is even in the polls or perhaps a bit ahead. Tonight I think this could end up as a small Romney win. Say, 55% calling it for Romney.

I think that everyone here knows that Obama lost the first debate. If there are posts suggesting otherwise, I haven't seen them.

I don't know what debate you're watching tonight, but Romney winning it? Yarite.

He just said "talking about numbers that don't add up ... instead of cutting the deficit he's doubled it... we've gone from $10 trillion of debt to $16 trillion of debt" :huh:

Wouldn't this be the perfect time to mention the 47% thing? Or has he already done it?

LemonMelon said:
He used the Big Bird thing all wrong. He should have pointed out instead that PBS is like .0000000001% of the budget instead of falling back on a meme.

Still a finger roll at least.

In recent to the sketchy deal comment.

That was fantastic.

Wouldn't this be the perfect time to mention the 47% thing? Or has he already done it?

It's really kind of too late for that now. Romney already apologized for it (as I recall) and it would seem like Obama was kind of desperate (IMO) as so many people pointed the missed opportunity from the first debate out.

Romney, if you want to win votes, be a better competitor, not a whiny spoiled kid.

romney's reminding me of perot right now. "can i finish?" "you had your turn, let me talk now!" if he wants to come off like a child, he's doing a great job.

Agreed.

I just love how he's constantly insisting, "I know how to run/do things" and then not laying out actual examples to prove it. Obama is actually listing things. Laying out plans or ideas.

In recent to the sketchy deal comment.

That was fantastic.

Right, right.

I'm fairly sympathetic to Obama with regards to the price of education. I did manage to pay my way through college during his first term, due in large part to Pell grants and the like. It's laughably overpriced still, but he did an alright job of putting a bandage on an open wound.

I agree with you. Have I suggested otherwise?

Romney is avoiding the most important question of the night to act like a whiny bitch.

Romney is avoiding the most important question of the night to act like a whiny bitch.

"How are you unlike Bush?"

"I'll answer that in a second, but I'm pretty sure that I'm supposed to have more time on the clock"

"No, sir."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, sir."

"I think you're wrong, but anyways....CONTRACEPTIVES!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom