2012 Conventions; Tampa & Charlotte

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MrsSpringsteen said:
Really? I never heard that, always out of the loop on that.

He seems so smart, so personable.
Saves people from burning buildings. I like him.

The two rumors I heard regarding his singleness:

1. He's dating a white woman. Could e problematic in areas of Newark.

2. He's gay, is on the soft DL, and therefor will never seek national office, at least in the foreseeable future.

But who knows? I want to live with hope.

Didn't he get into some trouble a while ago when he said something - I don't remember exactly, something about Wall Street I think - that Dems weren't happy about? I remember the guy being referred to as a 'traitor'.

He criticized Obama for something.

Why that's a problem I have no idea. I love that, honest fair criticism instead of forced blind loyalty.

I love that he has the you know what to do that.

Irvine511 said:

2. He's gay, is on the soft DL, and therefor will never seek national office, at least in the foreseeable future.

How old is he? Too bad people make an issue of his single status. He's super cute.

Could see him running for POTUS . If he's gay well who cares. That would be a damn shame, if he couldn't because of that.

MrsSpringsteen said:

Why that's a problem I have no idea. I love that, honest fair criticism instead of forced blind loyalty.

I looked it up to jog my memory:

Booker generated controversy on May 12, 2012 when he appeared on Meet The Press as a surrogate for the re-election campaign of Barack Obama and made remarks which were critical of that campaign.[54] Booker stated the attacks on Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney's record at Bain Capital were "nauseating to me on both sides. It's nauseating to the American public. Enough is enough. Stop attacking private equity. Stop attacking Jeremiah Wright."[54] Some objected to Booker's remarks because Romney has made those claims about job creation at Bain central to his campaign. Others criticized Booker saying his comments were motivated by his closeness to and dependence on Wall Street donors. The comments were subsequently utilized by the Romney campaign against Obama.[55] Booker made followup comments clarifying that he now believed Obama's attacks on Romney's record at Bain were legitimate, but did not retract his point about attacking private equity in general.[56] Two weeks later, Booker's communications director Anne Torres tendered her resignation, although she maintained it was unrelated to Meet the Press.

MrsSpringsteen said:
How old is he? Too bad people make an issue of his single status. He's super cute.

Could see him running for POTUS . If he's gay well who cares. That would be a damn shame, if he couldn't because of that.

He is 43-ish, I think. He's a Stanford grad who was on the football team, student body president, and also did a year at Oxford. He lives in a housing project in Newark and saves people from fires. I told Memphis that I would leave him for Booker and he agreed, he'd do the same.

Just for laughs...

579873_10151392362634815_2082055686_n.jpg

She has me a bit chocked up. She has genuine talent at connection, it's so warm and inclusive and pitch-perfect.

The dress slays, too.

I never watch MSNBC so I left that one out, but I knew they'd be covering it too. I think it would be all kinds of entertaining to watch the DNC on FOX :corn:

What's wrong with MSNBC?

Ugh, Fox all i'd do is end up yelling at the TV.

I think I will try to only watch PBS coverage. The only talking head at MSBC I can stand is Maddow and even she isn't enough to get me to watch the rest. And the less said about FauxNews the better.

why don't you like Ed Schultz, Lawrence O'Donell, or Rev Sharpton ?

can't comment on Chris Mathews b/c i've almost never seen him.

i can usually only watch Broadcast TV so i only get to see these folks (MSNBC) on rare occasions at my sib's house.
And my rabbit ears can hardly ever bring my local PBS station.

my computer is either too old or needs updating that i can't do for certain tech reasons as i currently understand it.
Howver it usually is good enough for streaming Sound so i suddenly thought of and goggled up C-SPAN :heart: (part poluicy wonk :wink:) Radio most of the time this evening, then night. :)

I think it could also be complete cynicism about politics. Why watch when it's same old same old and none of it will change your life. Not that Honey Boo Boo will.

:sigh: but that IS so uniformed!

Just ask (listen up, Indy) any of the Americans with 1> pre-existingconditions,2> those who couldn't afford preventitive/screening tests
(ESP women < i don't know about you specifically, but i DO know what alot of tea party and really Right Wing Conservatives & Theocrats believe -do you Indy want your wife/parnter/girlfriend -i don't know your status so i won't presume on that- to be obidient to your every whim, want and opinion>)

:lol: i will laugh at myself IF Indy rurns out to be a woman!

3>got kicked out of their insurance b/c they got really sick, 4> reached their "lifetime" limit on insurance paying all or parts of their bills b/c cause they have been chronically or sometimes acutely ill.

Just about if not ALL these people are now doing better because of "Obama Care" they're lives have been saved, their illnesses gotten better, they've caught some goddamn cancer in time ow b/c of screening!

and there's 2 orher provisions one partial & one total that

I hope and they are highlighting already some if this healthcRre differences....

I want them to do some ads regarding people's lives that have bern so altered for the better because of ObamaCare . that might remove some of thatb cynasism!

i'll be clear: i do sometimes have a cynical streak BUT i've also seen some important chages through the decades so that I get out ofthat way of thinking/feelng.

And Indy you just happen to bethe Conservative that popped up at this point in this thread........ and got my fervent "voice". :)

Why didn't they have Cory Booker in prime time?

GOP will get tons of mileage out of taking the word God out of the platform.

oh loved mayorcori booker's, Gov deval patrick's, ex ohio gov strickland's, lillyn leadbetter ( what brave woman & yay her husband supporting her quest), the mayor of SAn Antonia texas & First Lady Michele's speeches!

:applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud:

I thought that was a really great tribute to Ted Kennedy; I thought it was kind of ingenious to put the Kennedy/Romney debate footage in it.

Emotional stuff. It's too bad that he's gone.

The dream will never die. The dream lives on

Amen! It really is a :( great shame- flawed as he was at times he was the Liberal Lion of the Senate!

and my Chnl 13 (PBS) I can't get most of the time (no Cable TV) so i just saw little clear snaps, but mostly highly pixelated or No Signal blank image of that video.

The first Democratic Convention I ever watched on TV and we were on Family Vaction WAS The 1968 :yikes: :( Convention .

I was furious w my folks b/c because we webt out to dinner while they had the Tribute to RFK. Eventually i saw snips of it down through the decades,

I was ready to work for Bobby if ...well you, know...,..
and i'm wistful to this day that when he marched in NYC's Greek Parade (68)... i was not the biggest oarade fan at that point in my life... I said Oh i'll catch him later when he swings by NYC again for another Parade or campaigning before the Convention ..... :sigh:

and I'm one of the first round of 18yr olds to vote in 71! :D

indeed you should! :D

i live in nyc and i do keep an eye LGBT issues, and i hadn't heard that rumour nor the first either (also kep an eye African-American issues, too).
Great speech! Only heard in real time through on-line radio. C-SPAN! When i get acess to higher grade computer shopefully this Sat i'll watch the speeches i loved . i did see First Lady Michele on broadcast.

Didn't he get into some trouble a while ago when he said something - I don't remember exactly, something about Wall Street I think - that Dems weren't happy about? I remember the guy being referred to as a 'traitor'.

it's interesting... i had both postives, negatives and worries about both Hillary & Barack in 08. it really WAS a shame that a woman and a Adrican American ended up running against each other.

i never bought the whole idea some liberals/progressives d that Pres Obama was totally a L/P . In case you haven't guessed I am a proud Liberal/Progressive! :)

So even though i'vve been dissapointed in himfor various things , I've also been pround and happy with other things he has accomplished.

Finally got a chance to see Michelle's speech - obviously I'm biased because I like her personally but I really do think that she was absolutely outstanding and gave a better speech than anyone in Tampa. And for the record, I did think that Ann Romney did a very good job as well.

I love Michelle Obama. To me she just epitomizes the best of a woman. She's smart, down to earth, a devoted wife and mother, funny,caring, genuine. I like her more than I like the President.

She's so warm that I feel like I could hug her and talk to her, even though we live in completely different worlds.

And I wish I wasn't too lazy to work out like her and get those arms and shoulders. When they showed her from the back, OMG. Dress was very pretty. I just wanted to fix that one section of hair, but it just made her more real.

dazzledbylight said:
What's wrong with MSNBC?

Ugh, Fox all i'd do is end up yelling at the TV.

why don't you like Ed Schultz, Lawrence O'Donell, or Rev Sharpton ?

can't comment on Chris Mathews b/c i've almost never seen him.

i can usually only watch Broadcast TV so i only get to see these folks (MSNBC) on rare occasions at my sib's house.
And my rabbit ears can hardly ever bring my local PBS station.

my computer is either too old or needs updating that i can't do for certain tech reasons as i currently understand it.
Howver it usually is good enough for streaming Sound so i suddenly thought of and goggled up C-SPAN :heart: (part poluicy wonk :wink:) Radio most of the time this evening, then night. :)

As a rule I hate cable news. I'm not am not a fan of most talking heads, either too shouty or smug. However, Maddow is measured and witty. Love her so very much. Fox News would be dangerous for my TV.

As a rule I hate cable news. I'm not am not a fan of most talking heads, either too shouty or smug. However, Maddow is measured and witty. Love her so very much. Fox News would be dangerous for my TV.

:lol:

Intersting.... i love Ed's passion as well as Rev Sharpton's. I mhp they don't shout.
Lawrence O'Dnnel is measured.

Oh, I love Rachel! She was on Air America (Radio) first, which where I heard her
Soooo smart! So funny! And she occasionaly lets her geek/nerd flag fly, too! :applaud::applaud:

Back
Top Bottom