2010 - U S Midterm Elections - opinions - results - what now? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 10-30-2010, 08:40 AM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:54 AM
If Amash wins, I might just have to move. Justin Amash for Congress

I've been using his campaign mailers to clean up dog poo. I loathe his platform so much that in our primary I voted Republican just so I could be sure to vote for someone other than him (in MI the primaries are straight-ticket).

Old 10-30-2010, 09:49 AM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 12:54 PM
In Pennsylvania

Polls are showing Toomey with anywhere from a 3 to 7 pt lead over Democrat Sestak.

Also showing Republican Barletta with a similar lead over 13 term incumbent Paul
Kanjorski in a democrat district.(The big guns were out this week trying to protect
Kanjorski's seat. Bill Clinton spoke at my old high school. Would have gone if I didn't
have work) Barletta made national news recently with his anti-illegal immigration
legislation in his town. So far the courts are saying "uh-uh" so his town is about
to face huge legal costs in this one.

Democrat Onorato is trailing Republican Corbett, but has been moving up. Don't know
if there is enough time to close gap, but it has narrowed considerably.

Neighboring district for Congress shows the democrat slightly in the lead over challenger
in a Republican district.

Old 10-30-2010, 11:04 AM   #18
has a

Local Time: 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonosSaint View Post
In Pennsylvania

Polls are showing Toomey with anywhere from a 3 to 7 pt lead over Democrat Sestak.
I love Sestak. In the few interviews I've heard with him, he just seems so smart and calm, but committed.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:20 AM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I wavered in the primary between Sestak and Specter (voted for Specter, but was not heartbroken when Sestak won). The more I see of Sestak the more I like him.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:25 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Sestak-I know I've heard about him and heard him speak before, but it's been some time. I'll have to refresh myself on him, it seems-if he's the way you say he is, that sounds quite promising.

Well said, Mrs. Garrison. It's definitely going to be a Democrat/independent ticket for me next week. If, IF I see any Republican on our ballot that looks decent and reasonable, I'll vote for them, but so far from my observations that's not looking very likely. I truly do feel really sorry for those who belong to the Republican/conservative mindset that are reasonable and decent and willing to work with the other side and stuff. It absolutely sucks that your party, your beliefs, have been hijacked by the O'Donnells, Palins, Becks, etc. of the world. I hope you're able to eventually overpower the crazy fringe and bring the party back to a more moderate, calm setup. You deserve it.

Angela
Old 10-30-2010, 03:25 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:54 AM
Quote:
In Pennsylvania

Also showing Republican Barletta with a similar lead over 13 term incumbent Paul
Kanjorski in a democrat district.(The big guns were out this week trying to protect
Kanjorski's seat. Bill Clinton spoke at my old high school. Would have gone if I didn't
have work) Barletta made national news recently with his anti-illegal immigration
legislation in his town. So far the courts are saying "uh-uh" so his town is about
to face huge legal costs in this one.

Democrat Onorato is trailing Republican Corbett, but has been moving up. Don't know
if there is enough time to close gap, but it has narrowed considerably.

Neighboring district for Congress shows the democrat slightly in the lead over challenger
in a Republican district.
In PA the Dems have a decent advantage in registration.
But, all the polls I am seeing indicate that the GOP will take away many Dem seats. Some will be close elections. I wonder if Specter were in the race, if Toomey would have beat him.
Lack of enthusiasm from the Dem voters, will take a toll.

Quote:
Of Pennsylvania's 19 Congressional seats, instead of two or three being competitive, the analysts say a full 10 seats are in play. Up for grabs are eight Democrat seats and two Republican seats.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:31 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Yeah, we're reading the same polls. Part of the reason I voted for Specter was I figured he had a better chance in the general election against Toomey, although Toomey would have likely have won the primary if Specter hadn't switched.

I don't have any sense of this election season at all. I can't tell who's got the momentum on my home turf, let alone elsewhere. but the numbers got to be depressing for the Dems particularly in their strongholds. Don't think much is going to get done the next two years. It was a short window of opportunity.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:07 AM   #23
has a

Quote:
Don't think much is going to get done the next two years. It was a short window of opportunity.
No doubt. I think I may bury my head in the sand for the next year and a half.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:32 PM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I hope freedom rings November 2.

I'm not a fan of the Democrats or the Republicans.

I just hope that both parties get the message that
it's time to follow the U.S. Constitution.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:36 PM   #25
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
I just hope that both parties get the message that
it's time to follow the U.S. Constitution.
Who hasn't been following the Constitution?
Old 10-31-2010, 11:06 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Well, I've voted already (absentee, since I haven't registered in Franklin Co. since moving from Dayton).

Not sending any Republicans to Washington if I can help it. Anyone who uses the phrase "ObamaCare" or uses "Pelosi" as a slur has neither my vote nor my respect. I feel the Republican party has truly been a disappointment since Obama's election.

Locally, however, it's a different story. I'm about evenly split, with perhaps an edge to the Republicans for various state offices here in Ohio. I even ended up voting for Kasich though it galled me to do so. It's just that our current governor really squandered to an opportunity to show real leadership during a tough time in Ohio, and I think we need someone different in the governors mansion right now. Hopefully I won't come to regret that vote.

I even voted for a Libertarian! The Dem and GOP candidates for State Treasurer are just awful. I was so disgusted with both that I actually researched the Libertarian candidate, a guy named Matthew Cantrell. I liked what I saw! Granted if the mainstream candidates weren't such losers I probably would never have given Cantrell as second glance, but he actually sounds really good. (He looks like he's about 12 years old, but all three candidates are quite young).
Old 11-01-2010, 06:27 AM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by maycocksean View Post
Well, I've voted already (absentee, since I haven't registered in Franklin Co. since moving from Dayton).

Not sending any Republicans to Washington if I can help it. Anyone who uses the phrase "ObamaCare" or uses "Pelosi" as a slur has neither my vote nor my respect. I feel the Republican party has truly been a disappointment since Obama's election.

Locally, however, it's a different story. .
Same here. Right now, the Democrats are in such a corruption scandal locally, there needs to be a change. Not that I believe the Republicans won't be as corrupt, just that it will take a little while to organize the corruption.

Obamacare, Pelosi, Constitution, death tax. Not that I'm thrilled with the Democrats nationally either. The message I get from the Republicans is "We are so going to fuck you over." The message I get from the Democrats is "We are so going to fuck you over, but we're going to kiss you first." So I have to hope that that kiss is a change I want.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:52 AM   #28
has a

The main thing to consider on a local/state level is redistricting from the new 2010 Census data.

Several states are going to lose or gain seats in the House of Reps., so expect plenty of bullshit surrounding redrawing the district lines.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:05 AM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie

^It's always fun to see how the lines look after redrawing.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:10 AM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Who hasn't been following the Constitution?
Exactly. Quit using that bullshit talking point, and provide real examples.

Obama has done nothing to my knowledge that infringes on my rights.