2010 midterm elections

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlexHamilton

The Fly
I didn't see a thread on the November midterms, so I'm hoping we can use this as the ongoing discussion. I also think it'd be cool if we could each keep the forum updated on our particular races, i.e. the Congressional race for our district and any Senate contests for our state. I'll start:

I live in the Texas 4th, represented by Ralph Hall. He's the oldest member of the House of Representatives at 87, and has been in Congress since 1981. My district is R+21, which basically means there's no way a Democrat's gonna win. He supposedly has an opponent named Valinda Hathcox, but she doesn't even have a website.

No Senators up this year.

I am in Newport Beach, CA - GOP has huge advantage, so John Campbell will continue to be my Rep.

I think 80+ per cent of House seats are safe for the party. They have been gerrymandered that way. Sometimes, a person retires or dies, then the real race is in the party primary.

Billionaire Former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina has won California's GOP primary for U.S. Senate, and will face Dem Sen Barbara Boxer in Nov.

polls and pundits say it will be close, I expect Boxer to win.

He supposedly has an opponent named Valinda Hathcox, but she doesn't even have a website.

No Senators up this year.

I don't know. That wasn't a problem for guy who won the Democratic primary for Senate in South Carolina!

I live on Staten Island, the forgotten borough of NYC. We have two men with no political backgrounds running against each other for the GOP candidacy for the Congressional race. Democrat Mike McMahon is our current Representative, and I think he'll get a second term because the two GOP guys have no political experience and were unknowns until this year. A lot of Islanders are not happy with McMahon, but they'll likely have to deal with him for the next 6 years.

the most interesting thing will be seeing if the Tea Party has given the GOP some unelectable candidates.

the Dems will lose a lot, with unemployment so high, incumbents are doomed, unless they did the smart thing and gerrymandered their districts as deep noted.

I live in what was once called Indiana's Bloody Eighth District but now I'm in the 9th. Our races are always close and usually reflect the national mood, (except in 1984 when the Democrats literally stole the race) tossing Republicans out when they deserve it and vice versa. Currently my representative is Baron Hill who claims to be a "blue dog" yet dutifully falls into line behind Ms Pelosi when the votes are cast.

Bye, bye Baron this Fall.

Republicans take back Bayh's senate seat in a romp.

Back
Top Bottom