2008 Vice-Presidential Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't get Pawlenty. He's not even particularly liked in MN, and he can't deliver that state. He's absolutely uncharismatic, so he doesn't help there, and most of the country has never heard of him. Very strange choice

I unfortunately agree.

I think "pro-choice" is a non-starter.

and also, why pick someone that was a Bush cabinet appointee and give fuel to the Bush 3 argument?

at least Romney is a D C outsider.

Romney = former private sector CEO

Cheney = former private sector CEO

The smells are too much alike.

Romney = former private sector CEO

Cheney = former private sector CEO

The smells are too much alike.

Romney is a venture capitalist - private sector

Cheney is a blood sucking pig feeding off of no-bid government defense contracts

Romney is perceived as an outsider

Cheney was perceived as an insider, that is why he was put on the ticket in 2000.

It will be a woman. I have said it all week long....hehe....and I think I am right.

It will be a woman. I have said it all week long....hehe....and I think I am right.

A plane arriving in Ohio from Alaska raised speculation that Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin may be John McCain's pick.

I guess you'll all have to give Harry an apology, if it turns out to be her after all. :sexywink:

A Republican insider said this month that McCain campaign manager Rick Davis has called several state party chairmen and indicated that Ridge will be the Republican vice presidential pick this cycle.

Rumors are rumors, of course, but maybe this one is just more obvious?

drag1.jpg

giuliani_in_drag2.jpg

:shrug:

I hope McCain chooses a pro-choice running mate, if only because if he won in spite of it, I'd just love to see the Religious Right squirm. I wouldn't doubt that there's more than one powerful Republican that wishes they would just go away. I'm pretty sure that the pro-business wing of the GOP also doesn't appreciate that catering to them means rejecting science (and logic, reason, and reality, while we're at it). That's a losing proposition, in the long term.

Picking a woman embroiled in a scandal would certainly be a bold choice hahaha!

Lieberman the douchebag is just too hilarious. The right wing hates him, his former party spits on him and there is that gigantic papier mache recreation of him kissing Bush that is just waiting to make rounds around the country. :hyper:

I hope McCain chooses a pro-choice running mate, if only because if he won in spite of it, I'd just love to see the Religious Right squirm. I wouldn't doubt that there's more than one powerful Republican that wishes they would just go away. I'm pretty sure that the pro-business wing of the GOP also doesn't appreciate that catering to them means rejecting science (and logic, reason, and reality, while we're at it). That's a losing proposition, in the long term.

one can only hope.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Palin is not pro-choice, correct? If he was hoping to sway Hillary supporters to his side, I really doubt they'd go for a woman whose beliefs are the opposite of theirs and Hillary's.

cnn.com

Sen. John McCain's campaign has told Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty he will not be the GOP vice presidential nominee in November, sources told CNN today. Meanwhile, the arrival of a private jet from Alaska at the Middleton, Ohio, airport Thursday night raised speculation that Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin would be McCain's pick.

CNBC and Chicago Tribune are saying it's Sarah Palin

That's from a few hours ago. There are now news reports circulating that Palin is still in Alaska. There is also a report quoting a McCain official that Palin is not a viable candidate because of her lack of experience. They feel it would be a tough sell because that is the primary attack on Obama. Those are confirmed rumor though.

Back
Top Bottom