2008 Vice-Presidential Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She dun know anything. She's going to sink like a polar bear. It is such an obvious ' he laydees of hilary, we've got a woman now, come vote for her'
I don't see how having a pair of ovaries makes he anything like hilary, or you know, a normal thinking woman. Look at her fucking track record. Anti abortion (pro life is such a bullshit statement i refuse to use it), anti gay marriage, loves hunting and killing, whores out her militery son and 'whoah me i have a downs syndrome child be WE LOVE HIM!!!' etc

I considered letting this go, but I can't. I feel sorry for you if you are so angry and hateful to say what you just did here about her children. You ought to be ashamed of yourself. This is despicable.

I considered letting this go, but I can't. I feel sorry for you if you are so angry and hateful to say what you just did here about her children. You ought to be ashamed of yourself. This is despicable.

It's why the Dimocrats will lose, if they believe the kind of crap she posted.

She didn't say a fucking thing about Palin's children. Not one thing. Everything she said was about Palin, and only Palin. She is saying that PALIN is advertising the fact that her son is about to go to war(albeit perhaps 'whoring out' was not the greatest choice of words) and that PALIN is using the fact that she has a child with down syndrome as a 'story' that people will vote for. She is accusing Palin of using her children's situations, she is NOT accusing the children themselves of a single damn thing.

She didn't say a fucking thing about Palin's children. Not one thing. Everything she said was about Palin, and only Palin. She is saying that PALIN is advertising the fact that her son is about to go to war(albeit perhaps 'whoring out' was not the greatest choice of words) and that PALIN is using the fact that she has a child with down syndrome as a 'story' that people will vote for. She is accusing Palin of using her children's situations, she is NOT accusing the children themselves of a single damn thing.

the devil is in the details, as they say.

That's just meaningless waffling and wittering.

Did you have a point to make?

Explain to me how Obama/Biden will win it.

Please. They met ONCE before choosing(so he knew nothing of her) and she wasn't well known so he made a point to seek a woman.

If he was confident that just securing his base was enough he would have gone with Romney, every talking head was begging him. He didn't think his standing and securing the base was enough, so he had to reach out to something else. And it's a weak branch. He has no clue of her credentials. It's pretty transparent, he thought women = women, conservative = conservative, let's kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Do you ever read my posts or just attack? I never said Obama/Biden are automatically going to win, it's just obvious given this choice he's a little less confident.

Well he's lost his skills...:shrug:

It has nothing to do with his stance, just his delivery.
I wouldn't vote for either candidate if I could; deep uses irony just as effectively today as in the past, he has been edged out over the primaries and is now a borderline undecided that continues to get shoved with implications that he is a racist,

I think it has everything to do with his stance.

I wouldn't vote for either candidate if I could; deep uses irony just as effectively today as in the past, he has been edged out over the primaries and is now a borderline undecided that continues to get shoved with implications that he is a racist,

Actually you are probably right, it does have something to do with his stance, his stance has become one of attack the canidate and attack the supporter. Which it never was in the past. Also the attack mode changed, it use to be attack all with intelligent wit, now it's attack one with anything I can find, attack over and over, and ignore the rest...

I think it's the "ignore the rest" that makes me miss the old deep the most.

In the years I have been around (actually before 2004) - I have to say - Deep is one of the more neutral people in this forum. He has attacked and defended both "sides" of the fence.

yes whoring may not have been the right choice of a word to use, but i am just very skeptical over the fact that it seems they think having a woman is going to be all 'loved up' towards the female voters. She is nothing like Hilary with her ideas, and therefore I don't agree with 'woowee what a great casting call!' idea that the republicans think they've got. She's may be great but lets not forget, it ain't her running the country. Its Mcain. Thats why they still won't win.

erm, you realize that McCain is every bit the horndog that Clinton is?

i'm glad he's refused to answer questions about his myriad infidelities. it has no relevance to this campaign at all.

Listen, there are noting to those allegations, if they were Mac would have been crucified.

And no Mac is much more honorable towards women than Bill and John Edwards.

<>

Listen, there are noting to those allegations, if they were Mac would have been crucified.

<>

True. There is nothing more respectful than calling your wife a cunt, is there not?:| There is nothing more sensitive to the body image and beauty challenges young women face than making fun of the looks of a 12 year old Chelsea Clinton.

yes whoring may not have been the right choice of a word to use, but i am just very skeptical over the fact that it seems they think having a woman is going to be all 'loved up' towards the female voters. She is nothing like Hilary with her ideas, and therefore I don't agree with 'woowee what a great casting call!' idea that the republicans think they've got. She's may be great but lets not forget, it ain't her running the country. Its Mcain. Thats why they still won't win.

Like I've said, I can't tell you the number of the comments or posts I've read on foxnews.com, cnn.com, facebook, etc, of people identifying themselves as ex-Hillary supporters for McCain or people who will be voting republican for the first time in a long time because of Palin. I know this is all just anecdotal, and I'd like to see some real numbers regarding Palin's impact on women and independents now, but I think it's too early for anyone to dismiss this move. You might be surprised. :shrug:

FYM is a much more colorful place with you around. :hug: you're like our very own unicorn.

That's fine, I will be the "unicorn" among the political party whose symbol is a donkey.
:sexywink:

That said, look me up in *69 days. The election will be over then and the dust will have settled by then*. I will be here when you're feeling all stunned, robbed and plundered.

I know the election is 66 days away but I'm prescribing a 72 hr decompression period for you before we meet so that you'll be somewhat rationale-poor Memphis.

:hug:

<>

*Unless the Dems lose and start claiming another conspiracy.

True. There is nothing more respectful than calling your wife a cunt, is there not?:| There is nothing more sensitive to the body image and beauty challenges young women face than making fun of the looks of a 12 year old Chelsea Clinton.

Is that the best you can do?

<>

<>

You do realize Mac has admitted to numerous affairs? Were those honarable affairs because he married one of them?

were these while serving in public office or during?

<>

So you are more honorable to women if you cheat on them outside of public office? Read what you said...

Did you hear that girls, if your man cheats on you he is still honorable as long as he's not in public office. Be thankful...

Diamond, haven't you had quite a few affairs?

im not an elected offcial.

and if i did persue an elected office after confessing to past indiscretions and then *cheated* after being elected-there would lie the larger offense.

but no worries, john mac isn't a barney frank, clinton or john edwards.

breath easy.

<>

Like I've said, I can't tell you the number of the comments or posts I've read on foxnews.com, cnn.com, facebook, etc, of people identifying themselves as ex-Hillary supporters for McCain or people who will be voting republican for the first time in a long time because of Palin. I know this is all just anecdotal, and I'd like to see some real numbers regarding Palin's impact on women and independents now, but I think it's too early for anyone to dismiss this move. You might be surprised. :shrug:

The trouble is you really don't know who it is who is making those comments.
Anecdotally from heavy Hillary territory, the only Hillary supporters I know (and therefore trust) who are voting for McCain are those for whom McCain was always the second choice anyway. The others, after processing the information, just kind of laughed cynically at Palin for a choice. Don't think the choice helps him much among Hillary supporters. We'll see.

Back
Top Bottom