2008 Vice-Presidential Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Obama had been in the Senate 4 years and never went to Iraq and somehow had the judgment to be against the surge (based on what?) this leads credence to the argument that he just wanted to "lock in" failure to boost his election prospects

so much for his good judgment

I agree. And on judgement....Obama's VP was against the first Gulf War, for the second Gulf War, then against the Surge, and then for a three way partition of Iraq.

Republicans are smart enough to coach any potential VP to a draw with Biden on foreign policy. Even a simple hockey mom!

Somehow I don't think a bat head would look as cute superimposed on an American flag.

It's interesting that McCain picks someone he's only even met twice before.

the people on CNN are saying that he only met her once in person and one phone call. And that was enough for him to choose her to be the VP and possibly a president if he were to fall ill if he were president.. yeah ok.. this makes no sense..

I think this move is going to backfire on him..

the people on CNN are saying that he only met her once in person and one phone call. And that was enough for him to choose her to be the VP and possibly a president if he were to fall ill if he were president.. yeah ok.. this makes no sense

True, it's a little shaky.

But maybe a close confidant, of the Dick Cheney variety perhaps,

would make a safer choice??

Obama Nation - on the rise !

Somehow I don't think a bat head would look as cute superimposed on an American flag.

How about on the new flag of our new nation.

Obama-logo-712385.jpg

I don't get it? That's funny...

You've made some really out of touch posts in your time, but this one makes your top 5.

Actually Evengelicals were coming around to Romney, so you are wrong there.

Soccer Moms? Bush got a huge soccer mom turn out last time, a woman isn't going to change that much, it's not going to make soccer moms switch party.

Good ol' Boys? I don't even know what this means, but I'm pretty sure SHE may "attract" them, but she doesn't bring them to the ticket.

Reagan Democrats? This may be the only one you have partially right, but it's not overwhelming.

You're simply wrong - especially on the Evangelical question. I'm willing to guess that a minimum of 50% would NEVER vote for a member of a cult - and that is what they are taught Mormonism is.

Soccer Mom's? If Bush got a huge soccer mom turnout - that's BUSH we're talking about here - then Palin will get not only as much as Bush did but more.

Good ol' Boys? What red blooded gun toting-blue collar-beer drinkin-hard workin-right leaning good ol' boy wouldn't like a red blooded-gun toting-blue collar-moose hunting-right leaning sexy librarian???? DUH!!!!!!!!

Reagan Democrats. Too obvious. They already like McCain enough but this will just give them that extra push.

You're simply wrong - especially on the Evangelical question. I'm willing to guess that a minimum of 50% would NEVER vote for a member of a cult - and that is what they are taught Mormonism is.
Look, I would have agreed with you a year ago, but once Huckabee left Romney actually polled pretty well with evangelicals.

Soccer Mom's? If Bush got a huge soccer mom turnout - that's BUSH we're talking about here - then Palin will get not only as much as Bush did but more.
Talk about missing the point, the point is the majority of soccer mom's will already vote Republican, we've seen this the last few elections.

Good ol' Boys? What red blooded gun toting-blue collar-beer drinkin-hard workin-right leaning good ol' boy wouldn't like a red blooded-gun toting-blue collar-moose hunting-right leaning sexy librarian???? DUH!!!!!!!!
Yeah, but how many of them want a woman for Commander of Chief? Trust me, they would have preferred a man.

Harry, relax. She's like a better looking, less experienced Kim Campbell. Even comes with the same nudie pics.

Talk about missing the point, the point is the majority of soccer mom's will already vote Republican, we've seen this the last few elections.

Guess who won the last few elections? Guess who was trying to win the soccer mom's this time around so they could finally win an election.

The last time the Democrats actually got to 50% in a Presidential election was in 1976. The last time before that was 1964. The Democrats can't afford not to try to win votes they have consistently lost for decades now.

EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE...This pick is astounding in it's brilliance - to the point of being scary. I really didn't think McCain had it in him (actually I was hoping he didn't). I thought he'd pick some boring boob like Romney or Pawlenty or even worse Lieberman or Ridge. This is not good for the democrats. Sarah Palin is...a woman. A mother of five. Pro-Life. A lifelong hunter. A popular Governor. Liked by evangelicals. Liked by fiscal conservatives. I really thought Obama had it in the bag but now I'm not so sure. It's like McCain transformed the race instantly. Kinda scary.:ohmy:

That was the post I was just about to make.....

But only in the short run. It was a very reactionary choice, not a proactive choice. McCain is scared, that's why he made this choice.

That's just meaningless waffling and wittering.

Did you have a point to make?

Explain to me how Obama/Biden will win it.

While i think the republicans are patting themselves on the back and going 'wooohooo what a good choice to get a pretty lady with a lot of shit opinions and bad desicions' i think it won't last.

She dun know anything. She's going to sink like a polar bear. It is such an obvious ' he laydees of hilary, we've got a woman now, come vote for her'
I don't see how having a pair of ovaries makes he anything like hilary, or you know, a normal thinking woman. Look at her fucking track record. Anti abortion (pro life is such a bullshit statement i refuse to use it), anti gay marriage, loves hunting and killing, whores out her militery son and 'whoah me i have a downs syndrome child be WE LOVE HIM!!!' etc

Lastly, I watched her speech, and LOVED John mccains continually goofy face, especially in the part when she mentioned hilary and clapped, john looked like he was shitting a brick, and eating a sour lemon, and touched his hands one thinking in his head ' it will be a cold day in hell before i clap that bitch!'

You speak as if you think there is no way Obama CAN win it?

That's laughable.

There are certainly ways Obama CAN win it, but it would probably involve some huge scandal involving McCain. And it would have to be a pretty big scandal.

Since the Georgia thing, I have thought McCain would win.

I now expect McCain to win by a good 3 or 4 percentage points.

I now expect McCain to win by a good 3 or 4 percentage points.

Can you outline the states he wins an how he gets that margin?

I don't think even STING would be betting on a 4% margin.

Not doable, IMO. Actually not even close. But I'm interested in seeing the path that you envision to the WH for him, given the current state polls.

While i think the republicans are patting themselves on the back and going 'wooohooo what a good choice to get a pretty lady with a lot of shit opinions and bad desicions' i think it won't last.

She dun know anything. She's going to sink like a polar bear. It is such an obvious ' he laydees of hilary, we've got a woman now, come vote for her'
I don't see how having a pair of ovaries makes he anything like hilary, or you know, a normal thinking woman. Look at her fucking track record. Anti abortion (pro life is such a bullshit statement i refuse to use it), anti gay marriage, loves hunting and killing, whores out her militery son and 'whoah me i have a downs syndrome child be WE LOVE HIM!!!' etc

Lastly, I watched her speech, and LOVED John mccains continually goofy face, especially in the part when she mentioned hilary and clapped, john looked like he was shitting a brick, and eating a sour lemon, and touched his hands one thinking in his head ' it will be a cold day in hell before i clap that bitch!'

Your post is so ridiculous, so completely and utterly over the top, it's impossible to take it seriously.

Yes, I also heard that Palin hates Jews and bashes baby seals for fun.

And did you hear where she had a Down's Syndrome kid just to show up the left?

Can you outline the states he wins an how he gets that margin?

I don't think even STING would be betting on a 4% margin.

Not doable, IMO. Actually not even close. But I'm interested in seeing the path that you envision to the WH for him, given the current state polls.

Very well.

What odds would you give me on 4+%?

Back
Top Bottom