2008 Vice-Presidential Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You have to match things up tit for tit and tat for tat.

Obama 2 weeks of a Senator vs Mc Cain. Advantage Johnny Mac.

and then Biden never governed plus a a dismal approval rating. Advantage Sarah P
Governing a state is much harder than being a Senator. Advantage Sarah P
Plus you guys conveneiently ignore her 80% approval rating....hellooooo.

Advantage McCain tic.

Dems, your ship has hit an ice berg- you haven't realized it yet.

Us open minded compassionate McCain supporters will be here w the lifeboats.
:)

<>

She has an 80% approval rating, which means, what, like 480,000 people approve of her?

Again, let's dumb down America and assume that we'd all abuse power to do something to another person in a way that won't even help my family member.

Putting personal interest above the public interest?

NO WAY.

She has an 80% approval rating, which means, what, like 480,000 people approve of her?

we have the lifeboats..women and children first..
..and we are pro life..like most of the country..we oppose late term abortions senator o does not.

advantage camp mccain

we have the lifeboats..women and children first..
..and we are pro life..like most of the country..we oppose late term abortions senator o does not.

advantage camp mccain

FYM is a much more colorful place with you around. :hug: you're like our very own unicorn.

It's an absolutely idiotic choice for the McCain campaign, but at least it will make the RNC easier to watch...

Miss%20Wasilla%201984.jpg

:shifty:

I just got off the phone with my 77 year old grandma, who wants more than anything to see a woman in the White House. In her words, McCain, "just cut his own head off". She's yet another Hillary supporter who is now definitely voting for Obama in the fall.

You have to match things up tit for tit and tat for tat.

Obama 2 weeks of a Senator vs Mc Cain suporter of surge and f policy exp.. Huge Advantage- Camp McCain

and then Biden never governed plus a a dismal approval rating. Advantage Sarah P Camp McCain.
Governing a state is much harder than being a Senator. Advantage Sarah P Camp McCain
Plus you guys conveneiently ignore her 80% approval rating....hellooooo. Advantage Camp McCain
Independent thinking woman-Advantage Camp McCain.

Advantage McCain tic-totally.

Dems, your ship has hit an ice berg- you haven't realized it yet.

Us open minded compassionate McCain supporters will be here w the lifeboats.
:)

<>

to say that Palin has an advantage over Biden because of a year and a half of being governor of alaska is almost as idiotic a statement as saying that Palin will be shreaded by Biden simply because she only has a year and a half of being governor of alaska under her belt.

time will tell wether or not this will be a mistake or not... she will have to prove herself on the national scene the same way obama has done.

also... 80,000 people in a football stadium vs. 8,000 in a small college gymnasium = huge gynormous sized advantage obama.

and of course... none of this has anything to do with who will win the presidency, as, of course, it still comes down to which way a hand full of states go.

I just got off the phone with my 77 year old grandma, who wants more than anything to see a woman in the White House. In her words, McCain, "just cut his own head off". She's yet another Hillary supporter who is now definitely voting for Obama in the fall.

and i spoke to a woman who is behind mccain now because she loved palin based only on what she saw this afternoon.

this game is fun :hi5:

It'll be interesting when the nude pictures she took just prior to becoming Miss Alaska are leaked........

It'll be interesting when the nude pictures she took just prior to becoming Miss Alaska are leaked........

They'll strip of her crown, and she'll go on to having a semi-successful career as a power-balladeer and "actress"?:hyper:

"Just when I thought our chance had passed, you go and save the best for laaaaaaaaaaaaast!"

John Roberts: She has a child with Down's Syndrome, and care for children like that can take a lot of time. Is there any concern about the balance of that?

Dana Bash: The McCain camp is probably wondering if she were a man, whether you would be asking the same question.

He actually said that? And the answer is no-if she were a man he would not be asking the same question. It's sad that women still have to deal with such crap. I think it's beautiful that she has that child, and it has zero to do with her ability to be VP or to do anything in her career that she wants to do.

Hey I saw another woman on the news saying she wouldn't leave her 4-month-old at home, so I am sure there are some ignorant people out there who will hold this against her. I think it's pretty outrageous.

i think it's sad that Sarah Palin hates polar bears:

State will sue over polar bear listing, Palin says

By DAN JOLING
The Associated Press

Published: May 22nd, 2008 01:26 AM
Last Modified: May 22nd, 2008 10:10 AM

The State of Alaska will sue to challenge the recent listing of polar bears as a threatened species, Gov. Sarah Palin said Wednesday.

She and other Alaska elected officials fear a listing will cripple oil and gas development in prime polar bear habitat off the state's northern and northwestern coasts.

Palin argued there is not enough evidence to support a listing. Polar bears are well-managed and their population has dramatically increased over 30 years as a result of conservation, she said.

Climate models that predict continued loss of sea ice, the main habitat of polar bears, during summers are unreliable, Palin said.

The announcement drew a strong response from the primary author of the listing petition.

"She's either grossly misinformed or intentionally misleading, and both are unbecoming," said Kassie Siegel of the Center for Biological Diversity. "Alaska deserves better."

Siegel said it was unconscionable for Palin to ignore overwhelming evidence of global warming's threat to sea ice, the polar bear's habitat.

"Even the Bush administration can't deny the reality of global warming," she said. "The governor is aligning herself and the state of Alaska with the most discredited, fringe, extreme viewpoints by denying this."

As marine mammals, polar bears are regulated by the federal government, not the state. Interior Secretary Dirk Kempthorne last week made the listing decision and said it was based on three findings.

"First, sea ice is vital to polar bear survival. Second, the polar bear's sea-ice habitat has dramatically melted in recent decades. Third, computer models suggest sea ice is likely to further recede in the future," he said.

Summer sea ice last year shrank to a record low, about 1.65 million square miles, nearly 40 percent less than the long-term average between 1979 and 2000.

Polar bears rely on sea ice for hunting ringed seals. In recent years, summer sea ice has receded far beyond the relatively shallow, biologically rich waters of the outer continental shelf, giving polar bears less time in prime feeding areas.

The bear's numbers rebounded after the 1970s, but conservation groups contend that was in response to measures taken to stop over-hunting.

Polar bear researchers fear recent effects of the loss of sea ice on Alaska polar bear populations. A 2006 study by the U.S. Geological Survey concluded that far fewer polar bear cubs in the Beaufort Sea were surviving and that adult males weighed less and had smaller skulls than those captured and measured two decades previously -- trends similar to observations in Canada's western Hudson Bay before a population drop.

A U.S. Geological Survey study completed last year as part of the petition process predicted polar bears in Alaska could be wiped out by 2050.

Kempthorne said last week he considered every point Palin made, and rejected them. However, he sought to limit the economic effect of the decision with the inclusion of "administrative guidance" that said the listing would not be used to create back-door climate policy outside the normal system of political accountability. He said that the threat to polar bears did not come from the petroleum industry.

In response, conservation groups including the Center for Biological Diversity, Greenpeace and the Natural Resources Defense Council are trying to overturn Kempthorne's administrative actions and seek limits on greenhouse gas emissions.

Palin and other state officials called arbitrary a decision to list a healthy species judging by what they deem uncertain modeling of future climate change and unproven long-term impact of any future climate change on the species.

State Natural Resources Commissioner Tom Irwin said it could have wide economic effects.

No one said that woman was ignorant. They were saying it was ignorant of her to criticize Sarah Palin's choice to be have a career and be an active, involved mother.

Hey I saw another woman on the news saying she wouldn't leave her 4-month-old at home, so I am sure there are some ignorant people out there who will hold this against her. I think it's pretty outrageous.

:hmm: i'm not up on my SAT logical reasoning work buuuut... :shrug: whatever, doesn't matter.

I think it's absolutely ignorant not to realize that you can provide good, loving care to your baby (with Down's or without) while pursuing your own career.

fair enough... and i'm not saying that i disagree. in fact i agree with you that it is entirely possible to do both... i just wouldn't call someone who disagrees with you ignorant.

Back
Top Bottom