2008 Vice-Presidential Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm sorry what? I'm watching a documentary about the Fleetwood Mac album Rumours on VH1 Classic...

OK watching now. If Tina Fey were a Republican from Alaska that'd be her (and I'm not saying that as a bad or good thing)

How long before her sister's ex cop of a husband/boyfriend whatever the hell he was starts popping up in the media?

What a mistake. Romney was clearly the best choice, I said it this week and I still feel that way.

I'm honestly not saying this because I'm against the McCain campaign, but just listening to her talk for a few minutes has me thinking, he REALLY made the wrong choice.

:lol:

wow...what a thoughtful opinion.

mother, coach, PTA, mayor....etc. she's going to appeal to a lot of people. she's genuine.

may i ask why?

She's not ready. It seems like all she has are some talking points from that Conservative Mad Libs book again. She's floundering up there. When I look at her "On The Issues" page and see that's she barely spoken out about most of the issues facing our country, I see someone who is not prepared to be the vice president. That's what really makes me view her as the wrong choice As for the speech she's giving right now, I just see someone unprepared. It's almost like they grabbed some random person off the street and said, "Hey, go make a speech about how you're going to be my VP!". She's no Hillary Clinton, that's for sure. She doesn't seem confident, strong or someone who would hold up well under pressure. I know appearances can be deceiving, and I'm not trying to judge her based on her first moment in the national spotlight, but this is important. My gut and my head are just saying that this is not a good person to have in position to lead the country should the president die in office.

How long before her sister's ex cop of a husband/boyfriend whatever the hell he was starts popping up in the media?

What a mistake. Romney was clearly the best choice, I said it this week and I still feel that way.

Its a risk, but it would be unlikely that McCain would have a decent shot of winning in November if he did not take one.

She's not ready. It seems like all she has are some talking points from that Conservative Mad Libs book again. She's floundering up there. When I look at her "On The Issues" page and see that's she barely spoken out about most of the issues facing our country, I see someone who is not prepared to be the vice president. That's what really makes me view her as the wrong choice As for the speech she's giving right now, I just see someone unprepared. It's almost like they grabbed some random person off the street and said, "Hey, go make a speech about how you're going to be my VP!". She's no Hillary Clinton, that's for sure. She doesn't seem confident, strong or someone who would hold up well under pressure. I know appearances can be deceiving, and I'm not trying to judge her based on her first moment in the national spotlight, but this is important. My gut and my head are just saying that this is not a good person to have in position to lead the country should the president die in office.

funny how two people can watch the same thing and get completely different opinions.

i don't know if i like her or dislike her yet... but i certainly didn't see a weak, unprepared person on my television. :shrug:

and being no hillary clinton is a good thing in many people's eyes.

mother, coach, PTA, mayor....etc. she's going to appeal to a lot of people. she's genuine.

None of that makes her qualified to be vice president. My mom and my friends' moms were all of those things too (albeit, not mayor :wink:). They're all intelligent, strong women, but I wouldn't want any of them as my vice president.

None of that makes her qualified to be vice president. My mom and my friends' moms were all of those things too (albeit, not mayor :wink:). They're all intelligent, strong women, but I wouldn't want any of them as my vice president.

No one said that's what qualifies her. But her story will connect with a lot of middle America.

Chuck Schumer just issued a statement calling Palin inexperienced. Does he know who their presidential nominee is?

Palin still has more executive, governing experience than both Obama and Biden.

No one said that's what qualifies her. But her story will connect with a lot of middle America.

To be honest, I don't think most of middle America really cares about who the vice president is of either candidate. I think it matter much more to those of us who are more politically involved and who follow politics more closely than Joe or Jane Average from the Midwest.

can you provide some proof that this isn't going over well with the base?

Calls into right radio this morning(that's actually how I heard about it), these groups have spoken out before about other canidates, usually on the other side, so we'll see how they react now.

about her chidld...."I looked into his eyes and saw perfection".

That's very sweet.

I'm not sure what she said that you thought deserved this type of reaction.

And I'm sorry but parent, coach, PTA won't get you much when it comes to Presidency.

it's so funny.

you're now defending Palin for all the things that's been used against Obama.

it makes every argument against Obama totally, completely disingenuous.

That's certainly true, but it makes me wonder something: When did we start dumbing down middle America and the "working class?"

As one of the dozens of people on MSNBC said last night in response to criticisms about Obama being "too smart" and "too well spoken"---There's this notion that people want to elect someone they can have a beer with. Well, we've spent the last 8 years with the guy who people wanted to have a beer with. When you want brain surgery, you go for the best damn brain surgeon there is. I'd like my President to be "too smart" and "too well spoken." I don't think I can be President (or Vice President), nor do I think that my neighbor can---why would it be important for me to elect someone who's like me or my neighbor?

I think it's just odd that we're talking about middle America in such simple terms. "Obama needs to stop speaking like a Harvard graduate." "Palin will connect with fellow moms and PTA members." Are people in middle America really that simple, or are we just making them out to be that way?

Back
Top Bottom