2008 Vice-Presidential Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dumb dumb dumb pick....

3) He has now completely eliminated the inexperience argument...one that truly had some teeth until now.

The experience argument really is about the top of the ticket.

When the candidate is perceived as a light weight, they must turn to their V P pick to boost their credibility. That is why Bush choose Cheney, and Obama chose Biden. They both needed gravitas.

McCain does not suffer from the light weight image problem,
GHW Bush 1 did not need gravitas either.
and easily won with (anti-gravitas) pick Quayle.

Yes, they will vote for McCain just because he picked a woman. If they will just for that reason, even if it goes against their core beliefs and values and views on womens' issues- well they're fools.

you underestimate the number of fools in our country.

there are plenty of female voters who will now vote for mccain simply because his veep is a woman... just like there are plenty of black voters who will vote for obama simply because he's black... just like there are plenty of white voters who won't vote for obama simply because he's black.

you aren't restricted from voting just because you're a moron.

=deep;5408587]The experience argument really is about the top of the ticket.

In a normal election you may be right. However, McCain is living on borrowed time....

As a good friend of mine said, sixty to seventy you live life as hard as you can. EVerything after 70 is gravy.

In a normal election you may be right. However, McCain is living on borrowed time....

As a good friend of mine said, sixty to seventy you live life as hard as you can. EVerything after 70 is gravy.

McCain may just have made his health issues a part of the campaign again.

the VP debate will be interesting. Biden will eat her alive, i think.

perhaps this is the plan -- they they play the sympathy-victim card? perhaps they want her to cry like HRC did in NH?

Sorry, Irvine. She's accomplished, smart, poised and won't fall apart in the face of a blustering Biden.

Yes, they will vote for McCain just because he picked a woman. If they will just for that reason, even if it goes against their core beliefs and values and views on womens' issues- well they're fools.

QFT. I think the convention, regardless of how the media will portray it to drive up ratings, really did help unify the party. I watched a lot of interviews and read a lot of articles interviewing Hillary supporters and a lot of them said Obama convinced them that he has their interests at heart and will work hard for womens rights just as Hillary did. Most of them said, they will definitely be supporting him in November.

Wow. there goes the experience argument.

Not really-she's not running for President.
You have to hand it McCain-he's always thinks outside the box. No one saw this coming.

Democrats will be scratching their heads-why wasn't Hilary put on the ticket?She got robbed.

So much for MSNBC predicting Pawlenty 2 nights ago- they had me fooled too.

She has an 80% approval rating, compare that to Nancy P or Hilary.:hug:

Don't think she's a shrew -with an 80% approval rating.
:)

<>

Sarah Palin on the Issues

she has no foreign policy experience whatsoever. she has no Washington experience whatsoever.

:lol:

1. And Obama has foreign policy experience? McCain has enough for his ticket.

2. Obama is running as outside the Washington stream. Being from Alaska, Palin is the TRUE Washington outsider.

we can quibble all we want...the fact remains...the media focus is on the McCain/Palin ticket the morning after Obama gave the biggest speech of his life.

palinbook059.jpg

SHe has some experience. She has anwered the difficult questions. SHe has been tested in the public arena.

:lol:

1. And Obama has foreign policy experience? McCain has enough for his ticket.

2. Obama is running as outside the Washington stream. Being from Alaska, Palin is the TRUE Washington outsider.

we can quibble all we want...the fact remains...the media focus is on the McCain/Palin ticket the morning after Obama gave the biggest speech of his life.

1. Obama has been a senator for 4 years. he is on the Senate FRC. so it's not even close. Biden has more foreign policy experience than McCain.

2. and how does this help from a VP standpoint?

yes, the media focus is on McCain/Palin, and this was how they planned it and why they waited so long. but the Obama speech is still resonating, and the Palin pick has been met with lots of :scratch:

i think this was a deeply unserious choice by McCain. a desperate attempt to go after the PUMAs. he can't seriously believe that she's qualified to be president should be be felled by assassination, accident, or skin cancer.

if we're going to talk about judgment, when it comes to the single most important decision a candidate has to make, tell me, who has made the pick that is better for the United States?

Beauty and brains often coexist. I see nothing wrong with her Miss America (or whatever that is) pageant.

I completely agree. I know many beautiful, intelligent women. I spend a lot (maybe too much) time on my appearance. I just think pageants (although I do tune in for fun sometimes) celebrate women as just objects to be judged for their bodies and clothes. I love fashion, and I believe in eating healthy and working out, but when it comes at the expense of encouraging young women to be intelligent, thoughtful students of the world around them, it's not good.

The larger point isn't about Face Book or My Space friends-that's junvenille thinking.

The larger point is that Obama who claimed to be the "Agent of Change" had the grand Baracopolis Greek setting last night-could of had changed history by picking Hilary, but unlike McCain he played it safe w Biden-plus being more liberal than Ted Kennedy and Biden. The USA is much more to the center then Ted K , Obama and Biden.

McCain has a *history* and guts to do things outside the box by really doing it-unlike Obummer, who chose the "safe bet" picking a Senator who 's never swayed in his thinking and a Washington insider.

Kudos to Johnny Mac, plus he does good around beautiful young women and wont cheat on his spouse or the American people.

<>

McCain has the guts to do things outside the box by really doing it-unlike Obummer, who chose the "safe bet" picking a Senator who 's never swayed in his thinking and a Washington insider.

again, how does this help from a VP standpoint? do you think that McCain thinks that she's really more qualified to be president over Pawlenty, Romney, Lieberman, etc.?

it's a purely political pick, and fairly desperate.

Kudos to Johnny Mac, plus he does good around beautiful young women and wont cheat on his spouse or the American people.

erm, you realize that McCain is every bit the horndog that Clinton is?

i'm glad he's refused to answer questions about his myriad infidelities. it has no relevance to this campaign at all.

Beauty and brains often coexist. I see nothing wrong with her Miss America (or whatever that is) pageant. It is-84 runner up, Miss Alaska.

Absolutely they do. I was just looking for her experience that she can bring to the teeeket.

1. Obama has been a senator for 4 years. he is on the Senate FRC. so it's not even close. Biden has more foreign policy experience than McCain.

2. and how does this help from a VP standpoint?

yes, the media focus is on McCain/Palin, and this was how they planned it and why they waited so long. but the Obama speech is still resonating, and the Palin pick has been met with lots of :scratch:

i think this was a deeply unserious choice by McCain. a desperate attempt to go after the PUMAs. he can't seriously believe that she's qualified to be president should be be felled by assassination, accident, or skin cancer.

if we're going to talk about judgment, when it comes to the single most important decision a candidate has to make, tell me, who has made the pick that is better for the United States?

1. Obama was a senator for ab 5 minutes before he started running for President.

2. Ask Obama. He's run an entire political campaign on it.

The larger point isn't about Face Book or My Space friends-that's junvenille thinking.

The larger point is that Obama who claimed to be the "Agent of Change" had the grand Baracopolis Greek setting last night-could of had changed history by picking Hilary, but unlike McCain he played it safe w Biden.

McCain has the guts to do things outside the box by really doing it-unlike Obummer, who chose the "safe bet" picking a Senator who 's never swayed in his thinking and a Washington insider.

<>

you severly underestimate facebook's reach on those in the 18 to 34 demographic by calling it "juvenille."

that said.. all i was doing was pointing out that nobody knows who the hell this person is.

and one does not have to pick someone who's outside the box when one is, already, in fact, outside the box themselves. so that is not a fair argument whatsoever.

and if anything is "juvenille," it's the "he does good around beautiful young women and won't cheat on his spouse" line.

The larger point is that Obama who claimed to be the "Agent of Change" had the grand Baracopolis Greek setting last night-could of had changed history by picking Hilary, but unlike McCain he played it safe w Biden.

<>

Name calling is juvenile too. As for the rest, you never disappoint. Oops that's what I meant

Obama does good around beautiful young women too. I bet he attracts, and has always attracted, a bunch of em. You really shouldn't imply that he would ever cheat on his wife. John Edwards and Bill Clinton et al aren't running in 08.

Back
Top Bottom