2008 Vice-Presidential Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's official now. Whichever ticket wins, it will be history-making.

God bless America. :up:

that might ultimately be what the final calculation turned out to be.

Obama reaffirmed his status as the leader of a movement last night, and Palin is an attempt to siphon off some of that momentum, that 21st century vibe about diversity, by offering someone else who doesn't "fit the bill" of what a president or VP should look like (with apologies to Geraldine Ferraro).

that might ultimately be what the final calculation turned out to be.

Obama reaffirmed his status as the leader of a movement last night, and Palin is an attempt to siphon off some of that momentum, that 21st century vibe about diversity, by offering someone else who doesn't "fit the bill" of what a president or VP should look like (with apologies to Geraldine Ferraro).

I don't think it will work though. A woman that most people have never even heard of is not going to make people excited. I'm not saying this is going to hurt the McCain campaign at all, the fact that he picked a woman shows that even the GOP is coming around. I'm just saying, it likely won't help that much either.

I don't think it will work though. A woman that most people have never even heard of is not going to make people excited. I'm not saying this is going to hurt the McCain campaign at all, the fact that he picked a woman shows that even the GOP is coming around. I'm just saying, it likely won't help that much either.

1. This pick is going to energize the base.

2. The media has already switched focus from Obama's speech to Palin.

3. McCain just became more attractive to disgruntled Hillary supporters.

4. Biden looks like a blah choice compared to Palin.

a bit of a risk for GOP ?

you do realize, it is the same as Obama, who took no risk

i'm not going to get into a gay rights discussion here.

there's no question that Democrats are better for gays than Republicans.

and, yes, despite my sarcasm, i am happy she doesn't want to destroy me.

Dumb dumb dumb pick....

1) Many will not believe as Governor of Alaska she will be ready to fill the shoes of the 73 year old nominee - I do not. She does not have the experience to handle the job. Governor of Alaska????? Two years? And she has a scandal

2) What does he gain? He rallies the conservative base. THen what? Sorry, but she is not of the mold of a Hillary. Her supporters are NOT stupid. She is not in the ballpark of Hillary on any social issue and give women credit, please...this is transparent.

3) He has now completely eliminated the inexperience argument...one that truly had some teeth until now.

4) She is attractive, and will make him look more unattractive:O) Haha

Palin's scandal is interesting.

apparently, she used her office to get a state trooper fired.

the state trooper was her ex-brother-in-law, who evidently threatened her father's life and tasered her 11 year old nephew.

can't say i blame her. :shrug:

now the Alaska GOP scandals, on the other hand ...

what's also puzzling is that she's the governor of 600,000 people. there are nearly 700,000 people in DC, and it feels like a small town compared to, well, even Philly.

McCain is 72 and has health issues. serious health issues.

do the math.

and i'll speak for the moderates who are upset that he didn't pick lieberman
:up: I wish he would have gone with Lieberman. It would have swayed me a little more to McCain's side and I wouldn't be as supportive of Obama as I am after this Palin pick.

But who am I kidding, Biden sealed the deal for me weeks ago. :flirt:

Back
Top Bottom