2008 Vice-Presidential Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does McCain need any help with Veterans, really?

I think Romney is more than just a Mormon thing.

It could be a Western thing, too.

Utah has similar land, ranchers rights issues.

Obama and Biden and big zeros on these.

Probably not, but if Virginia is really close, a ticket with two Veterans vs. a ticket with no veterans just might put McCain over the top in Virginia.

Romney's experience is in Massachusetts. Besides being a Mormon, how else does he help McCain out west?

Why would Romney appeal more to Blue Collar Democrats, Reagan Democrats and Clinton supporters than Ridge?

The top of the ticket, McCain should have those folks,

Romney has a big plus,
in that he got universal? health care through Mass.

I personally don't like it
but, it is a talking point.

besides, I am thinking it will be MN Palmemtry, wathever his name is

what I've read, he is not very impressive
could just call him safe
a one home owner
that he was able to afford himself

(he opted to not go with the convicted felon financing and get a mansion with a 100 bottle wine cellar,)

I think Romney could help in Nevada, which is 10% Morman, but I skeptical he will help in Colorado which is only 2.5% Morman, although it sits next to Utah which is nearly 80% Morman.

Utah isn't 80% Morman, Mormon perhaps; but not Morman.

:)

I think he's picked Tim from Minn; and predicted it this a/m to 2 of my inactive mormon siblings.

<>

Heck, my grandma was telling me the other day about a couple who were some of her and my papa's best friends back in the 60s. They had 5 children. The husband eventually came out to his wife and said that he'd been having an affair with a man behind her back for years. Marriage and kids doesn't make one straight.

Former NJ Gov. Jim McGreevey has two children from two different wives, and he still came out as gay. It happens.

I know, one even asked me out once upon a time, although that ring was still around the finger.

Oh, but any man thats not married by 50 must be gay?

Not all 50 year-old bachelors have these kind of stories written about them.

Crist Denies Trysts - News - Broward-Palm Beach New Timespage 1 - Broward-Palm Beach New Times

A young rising star in the Republican Party has boasted to witnesses of his sexual relationship with Charlie Crist, the frontrunner in the Florida governor's race who has repeatedly denied that he is gay.

The GOP staffer, 21-year-old Jason Wetherington, told friends at separate social functions in August that he had sex with Crist, according to two credible and independent sources who heard Wetherington make the claim first-hand.

Wetherington, who recently worked as a field director for U.S. Senate candidate Katherine Harris and currently works for state representative Ellyn Bodganoff's reelection campaign, also named a man whom he said is Crist's long-term partner, a convicted thief named Bruce Carlton Jordan who also recently worked for Harris in her long-shot Senate bid.

if mccain picks lieberman my vote swings back to his side. if he picks romney then my vote for obama is sealed.

That's about the dumbest thing I've seen on this thread. Either you like the Republican's overall platform or you like the Democrats overall platform...it's really got nothing to do with those two boobs...the two worst picks that McCain could choose, really. Yikes.

Anyways...

Huckabee said today that it ain't him. He wasn't really being talked about to much anyways.

Only 12 short hours away! :hyper:

Romney is a bad choice because one Dick Cheney has given the office of Vice President enough of that special 'former private sector CEO' flavor to last a lifetime.

Lieberman is a bad choice because the election would be over if McCain picked a pro-choice VP.

Pawlenty is a bad choice because nobody knows who he is, and he's probably a lightweight(so is Lieberman).

I hope it's Lieberman or Pawlenty because one, McCain is that much easier to beat with either of them than with Romney, and two, because Romney as VP or even P scares the shit out of me.

I don't get Pawlenty. He's not even particularly liked in MN, and he can't deliver that state. He's absolutely uncharismatic, so he doesn't help there, and most of the country has never heard of him. Very strange choice, although apparently Rove is pushing for Romney.

I wonder if McCain still can't stand Romney.

I agree with Stingbow, Ridge is the better choice...although.
He is pro-choice
So, I think that is a non starter for McCain.

He'll be forced to pick a pro lifer, I think.

Back
Top Bottom