2008 U.S. Presidential Election: Vice-Presidential Debate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She exceeded my expectations for the first few minutes of the debate, but it went downhill rapidly after that.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry watching this.

Biden nailed that VP-as-legislator bit

Meanwhile, it seems Palin doesn't fully grasp the difference between the executive and the legislature, or quite what the position she's running for does. How the hell is this woman even a state governor, let alone a presidential running mate?

Yeah, that didn't seem rehearsed or anything. But he is a politician, I am still a little bit skeptical. But yeah, it looked spontaneous from here. (To Kellyahern's comment...)

This final answer is not scoring her any points. Biden clearly named an issue where he changed positions after gaining more knowledge. She simply blamed other people for things she couldn't get done. That's the mark of a complete lack of leadership.

My father despises Biden and thinks Palin's an idiot, so this was torturous for him to watch.

I do not for one instance doubt that he was sincerely choking up.

I think he was quite genuine when that happened

I definitely do, too----didn't mean it to come off as sarcastic against Joe. I think he meant it fully.

On a related note, I respect, love and am impressed by the fact that he hasn't played that card much at all during this election in order to counter her "mom of a special needs child" thing.

First third: Even
Second third: Slight Biden Advantage
Final Third: Strong Biden Advantage

Yeah, I think we're all in agreement about Biden's sincerity.

Yeah, just to clarify--- I said it was Hillary-like in that it could potentially be an instance where choking up wins a lot of respect & affection from voters....not that he did it seemingly on purpose, as I perceive Hillary to have done.

Moving on...:wink:

Hey, she's probably just relieved no one asked her to name a newspaper or a Supreme Court case she diasgreed with.

taking into the expectations, palin won

other then that joe won

in other words if you hate palin, she lost

if you like joe, he won

See, we "fundamentally disagree" :wink: on this. It's pretty lame to say that she "won" simply because she beat the expectation that she'd sound like a moron.

Depends on your definition of "answer."

Ramble irrelevantly without substance! :happy:

Seriously, I can't see how anybody could even call that debate close. Biden had substance and knowledge. Palin was, most of the time, clueless. That was nothing short of a mismatch.

Back
Top Bottom