2008 U.S. Presidential Election: Vice-Presidential Debate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gidget's doing a lot better than I expected, but she's starting to look more and more uncomfortable as the debate progresses.

The whole "nucular" thing drives me batshit insane though, as well as her dodging of the answers. Still, I'm sure her supporters will think she did quite well, whatever the outcome.

I've never been much of a Biden fan, but at least he comes off as cool and collected.

I wonder if Webster's Dictionary has finally given in and added "nyoo-kyoo-lahr" as an alternate pronunciation of "nuclear." :hmm:

Biden does need to stop referring to himself in the third person....:shifty:

I just got off the phone with my grandparents to see what they think of the debate so far, and my grandma's response was, "Well, she doesn't sound stupid tonight." I don't call that an accomplishment.

Have they talked about how much they love Israel yet?

It's got to be the most important attribute for a US VP candidate.

Your grandparents are probably like average voters.

shes winning

No, they're Obama supporters. They're far more astute than the average elderly voter, I think. They're the only elderly people I know who are voting for him. They do not like John McCain and they feel picking Palin was an insult to the American people.

John McCain knows how to win a war. He's been there.

John McCain won Vietnam!!!

No, they're Obama supporters. They're far more astute than the average elderly voter, I think. They're the only elderly people I know who are voting for him. They do not like John McCain and they feel picking Palin was an insult to the American people.

Good lineage you have!

I think Palin is starting to run out of talking points though.

She seems to struggle to find her footing for a few seconds then goes on a rant for 70 seconds. It seems to be effective.

It'll all depend on how the media shows her. They can show her as stumbling or show her knocking off points.

Sarah Palin has watched a lot of back episodes of the A-Team as preparation.

She thinks McSame is that white haired guy that used to smoke the cigars.

Palin is doing exactly what I thought she would: sound competent, but lack substance. She's dodged a lot of questions, and Biden has pointed it out.

Biden has surprised me in how knowledgeable he seems to be. His performance is more surprising than hers, in my opinion.

I'm 15 minutes behind. Please for the love of God tell me that Sarah Palin didn't actually say that.

She didn't say the last line, but she did indeed say, "John McCain knows how to win a war--he's been there <wink>."

What on earth does that mean? Being in a war means that you know how to win a war?

Does this line "He has been the maverick" really play all that well with independents? I'm really curious. She is far more effective when she talks about the common American and their problems, I will admit, but to me, that maverick phrase comes across as not very resonant.

Back
Top Bottom