2008 U.S. Presidential Election: Second Debate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Prediction:

The first time I hear "Main Street" I will yell at the TV. The second time I hear it I will change the channel.

Prediction: McCain will accidently call Obama a cunt. No-one says a word. The audience, moderator and Obama just quietly file out knowing there is no point now. McCain is left standing there behind the podium in a completely empty auditorium. The networks cut to sitcom re-runs. Fox try valiantly for about half an hour to blame the far left hate America crowd for inventing the word and making it popular, then shift to vocal breakdowns in an attempt to claim he said ‘current’. One by one staff, production crew and hosts leave the studios quietly, knowing there is no point now. Sean Hannity is left sitting there behind his desk in a completely empty studio.

I'm going to need a stiff drink if I'm actually going to be able to sit through McCain shit talking his way through the debate.:hyper:

Obama and McCain can take comfort in the fact that a presidential debate is the only thing on earth I don't mind "House" being preempted for. If this was fucking baseball, I'd be pissed.

And as always, the third party candidates are banned from participating in tonight's debate.

They are on the ballot in all the states, but their voices are silenced here tonight.

Debates are useless unless we get follow-up questions to the candidates.

Do it, Brokaw! Do it!

Damn, what is with McCain and Palin and their need to be rude to moderators? I understand that McCain was likely cracking a joke, but its not really necessary. Just remain professional, it's not that difficult.:huh:

ok, how does stablizing home values create jobs??????? wtf anyone home?:huh:

Sarah Palin is rubbing off on him. Remember, according to her the bailout was actually about health care.:lol: I love how McCain is talking about how the greed on Wall Street is what caused this economic crisis when he has always supported deregulation of the financial industry. His support of these policies is what led to the problem in the first place. Nice try, though Johnny.

I like it when the candidates say "...as president of the United States, I will..."

I really need that reminder that I'm not voting for the president of Uzbekistan.

Thanks, dudes. :up:

Imagine how the Green Party, Libertarian or Constitutionlist Party candidates might repond.

(It's the same stuff tonight over and over.)

You may say that I'm a dreamer,
but, heck!

Why can't we have an open and free debate?

Now that would take this debate to the next level. They should have a talking stick they have to pass to each other. If they go over time, they lose a turn.

Plus a house band, Letterman style, with a wise-cracking Paul Schaffer type interrupting all the time “Record inflation! That’s what your wife said to me this morning John! HA!”

Back
Top Bottom