2008 U.S. Presidential Election: Second Debate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Agreed.

Say good bye John.

Wondering if Mitt had been the nominee, if the race would be different now.

<>

They'd be doing even worse "if Mitt had been the nominee" - it's just Obama's time right now. It's got absolutley nothing to do with McCain, Palin or anything else other than 8 years of Bush, the economic crisis and that it just seems to be the time for something as different as Obama. That's it. Reminds me alot of Jimmy Carter running against Ford and winning in 1976...right after the disaster of Richard Nixon. I kinda feel a little sorry for Obama though. Inheriting this economic crisis, the war in Iraq, Iran, the whole fuckin mess. If I was a Republican I'd actually be relieved to lose this one and wait till 2012. And NO, NOT WITH MITT ROMNEY AS THE NOMINEE!!!

Ok I will.
I think that McCain is fucking racist.
Maybe he's not, but I think he is.

first of all

we all know there is only one reason Obama may not win this election

racism

there are a lot of white people that just can find it in themselves to vote for a black man

especially older white people

the only way McCain can prove he is not racist - is to vote for Obama and encourage others to do the same
until he does that
odds are - he is a racist

They'd be doing even worse "if Mitt had been the nominee" - it's just Obama's time right now. It's got absolutley nothing to do with McCain, Palin or anything else other than 8 years of Bush, the economic crisis and that it just seems to be the time for something as different as Obama. That's it. Reminds me alot of Jimmy Carter running against Ford and winning in 1976...right after the disaster of Richard Nixon. I kinda feel a little sorry for Obama though. Inheriting this economic crisis, the war in Iraq, Iran, the whole fuckin mess. If I was a Republican I'd actually be relieved to lose this one and wait till 2012. And NO, NOT WITH MITT ROMNEY AS THE NOMINEE!!!

O.K. I think I missed one...there's "it's just Obama's time now" " 8 years of Bush" "the economic crisis" and let's face it "the media". I could have said something about policies, charisma, oratory etc. etc. but America elected George W. Bush twice so it couldn't be any of those.

When stuff starts bumming me out and bringing me down, and I think I can't handle another commentator saying anything about anything, things like this amuse me:

untitled.jpg

Okay, I lied. Things like that always amuse me.

I thought it was fairly even throughout, which doesn't help McCain at all, my friends.

I dig Obama and all, but I wish he could answer a question a little more directly, you know? All politicians do that, that's a given, but if it leaned it out just a little bit, I would be very happy, Howard.

i think Obama was the clear winner. not that McCain was bad, but "that one" was superb.

and Memphis and i have decided that Rachael Maddow is our favorite lesbian since Jackie from BRAVO's "Work Out."

wow, even the psychotic posters on the most right wing of blogs (TownHall, Malkin) have pretty much packed up the van and are heading out early to beat the traffic on this one.

^ Nah, that was just a little bit of straight talk for ya.

Last edited:
The two competitors seemingly shook before the young guy from Illinois greeted the wife of John shown in the video north of my post:

shakepauljrichardsafpgetty_2.jpg

I thought the progressive nominee did better responding to the foreign policy questions strongly. I think we found in 2004 that U.S citizens like minor over belligerence so even if the senior from the southwest had effectively shown the young guy would ignore sovereignty to kill terrorists, the young guy would not be punished for intending to pursue the group behind 9/11.

I wish the candidates had actually answered the questions rather than taking every opportunity to launch into their same old talking points. They were really good questions and genuine answers from both candidates would have been fascinating.

McCain's best answer was the to the very first question. I felt he answered it straight-up and intelligently. If he'd stuck with that instead of deciding to attack Obama throughout the evening, I think he would have done a lot better.

There was nothing racial about "that one." It was disrespectful but the disrespect was unrelated to racism.

Overall I found the debate to be less than compelling. . .but then I was holding my baby boy in my arms through the whole debate, so Obama and McCain weren't much competition. . :)

Back
Top Bottom