2008 U.S. Presidential Election: Second Debate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I honestly think the debate was pretty even...both had their highs, both had their lows...but to switch through the major networks and seeing the pundits being so terribly pro-obama is sickening.

Online polls are meaningless, no matter who it says came out on top. They're not a random, representative sample.
Drilled relentlessly into the head of every social science student from pretty much Day 1 nowadays. :D

I don't think McCain did anything to help his campaign tonight. Tonight I saw a calm Obama, a man poised to take the lead and lead America. What I saw in McCain was a man trying too hard, pandering, coming off as a salesman, trying hard to say what we want to hear, but not actually doing so.

I don't think McCain did anything to help his campaign tonight. Tonight I saw a calm Obama, a man poised to take the lead and lead America. What I saw in McCain was a man trying too hard, pandering, coming off as a salesman, trying hard to say what we want to hear, but not actually doing so.

And he called Obama "That one".

I know what that means; you can't hide what it really is.

My friends...

A friend of mine and I watched it via a livestream and had a bit of fun. :wink:

I agree that it seemed to be yet another draw, or close to it. Neither candidate ventured out of the safety zone in their reponses.

I loved how that McCain's now all over being able to multitask, where just the other week it was "I need to drop everything and go do fix the economy. BRB."

Agreed.

Say good bye John.

Wondering if Mitt had been the nominee, if the race would be different now.

<>

I don't think anyone who says casual things like "that one" in reference to someone else has hidden meanings.

But backed up with a bitter campaign and coming across as not having much like/respect for the one you're calling "that one," comes across quite a bit differently.

That being said, it was a bit of a :huh: moment, but I don't think it's as huge a deal as others think. And I understand why some people got huffy about Obama calling McCain "John" instead of "Senator McCain" at the last debate.

Back
Top Bottom