2008 U.S. Presidential Election: Second Debate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Press>>>Play

One, two, three, four...
Hrmm!
One, two, (one, two, three, four!)

Let me tell you how it will be;
There's one for you, nineteen for me.
'Cause I’m the taxman,
Yeah, I’m the taxman.

Should five per cent appear too small,
Be thankful I don't take it all.
'Cause I’m the taxman,
Yeah, I’m the taxman.

(if you drive a car, car;) - I’ll tax the street;
(if you try to sit, sit;) - I’ll tax your seat;
(if you get too cold, cold;) - I’ll tax the heat;
(if you take a walk, walk;) - I'll tax your feet.

Taxman!

~The Beatles

CNN has this psuedo-EKG monitor on the bottom that's supposedly measuring "uncommitted Ohio voters," both men and women.

Ooh, the men approved! Ooh, now the women's line bumped up above the men's? What the shit is this? Ooh!

It's pointless.

It is interesting to see how McCain flat lines every time he gets sarcastic. High school is LONG gone for you Johnny boy. The bullying needs to stop.

John McCain is doing full-on BiPartisan Hero wanking. Doesn't matter what they do, as long as someone in Congress does something bipartisan it's totally, like super awesome.

CNN has this psuedo-EKG monitor on the bottom that's supposedly measuring "uncommitted Ohio voters," both men and women.

Ooh, the men approved! Ooh, now the women's line bumped up above the men's? What the shit is this? Ooh!

It's pointless.
:lol: ahh, i see. wow, i just popped over for a sec and you're not kidding, there's shit all over the place! thank god none of the local channels here are doing any of that.

Remember the Bush/Gore debate when Bush was talking, and Gore randomly decided to stand up and walk over near Bush? And Bush just turned around, looked at him for a moment and then said, simply, "Hi."?

That was awesome. Best thing Bush ever did.

Wasn't there also a moment where the camera caught Bush checking his watch while Gore was talking? :lol:

ETA: It was senior Bush while debating Clinton. :doh:

If Social Security is so easy to fix, why haven't you fixed it yet?

Convincing Americans to privatize takes time. I'd like McCain to address what would have happened under this current economic crisis if support for the plan to privatize Social Security had actually come to fruition. The amount of money invested in these banks and other financial institutions through that privatization would have been large and the amount lost would have been staggering.

Obama just said government scientists invented the computer so they would have a way to communicate.

do you think he meant the internet?

Obama=MLK/JFK.

McCain=The Emperor from Star Wars.

Lindsey asked a good question

Should health care be a commodity?

And Obama is dodging, he is sucking up to the Health Insurance Companies!!!!!

Let's take a look at a median income family of four in the 1950s. At that time, the Federal income tax amounted to only 2% of the family budget. Americans enjoyed the highest standard of living in the world.

By contrast, in the 1990s, the Federal income tax takes 25% of income for the same family of four. Taxes at all levels -- federal, state, and local; hidden and visible -- take about 50% of a family's income. We must work from January to June just to pay taxes.

It now requires two paychecks to keep many families from going bankrupt. Typically, a working mother brings home 32% of a family's income.

So, whether she chooses to work -- or must work to make ends meet -- taxes have stolen her contribution to the family budget. In other words, one spouse now works all year just to pay taxes.

~From The LIbertarian Party Platform

Back
Top Bottom