2008 U.S. Presidential Election: Second Debate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not watching Cnn, how are the voters responding to the two candidates?

They seem to favor Obama more.

The general trend is that they don't like talking about the other candidate. They like specific plans. When Obama's been specific with his step-by-step plans, the charts seem to peak.

I may have missed a moment - did Obama dispute the "you will be fined for having no health care" claim? I'd like to know more about how that.

This is all I could find on his website. I think it was a fine for large companies that don't offer healthcare:

Make employer contributions more fair by requiring large employers that do not offer coverage or make a meaningful contribution to the cost of quality health coverage for their employees to contribute a percentage of payroll toward the costs of their employees health care.

deep, are you just yanking our chains again, as you do so well?

If you're serious, put up an explanation or shut up with the chain-yanking.

:)

PS I still would like to know about the whole "fine" thing, if anyone has info on that. Without knowing details, I would think a lot of people would hear that and go "WHOA. No thank you."

Edit: Oh, interesting. Thanks for finding that, Kelly. That's a LOT different - fining companies as opposed to fining individuals, as McCain claimed? If that's what he was referring to.

Obama has more highs, and they're more sustained. McCain has had some highs, but he's flatlining a lot more, too.

the women seem to give both candidates higher scores

the men seem to be stingy with their approval

I guess an undecided man, is just grumpy

Iron Horse, I'm reading your Libertarian comments, and I appreciate you throwing them in here. I just don't have anything to say about them.

Didn't want you to think that everyone was just ignoring you. :)

McCain talking up Iraq is simply not going to help him. The majority of Americans now feel that our going into Iraq was a mistake in the first place, so when McCain starts talking about what a success its been, nobody but the base war supporters are buying it.

Back
Top Bottom