2008 U.S. Presidential Election: First Debate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you know what? talk about standards all you want.

i still want to know why a woman gets on an 8 hour flight after her water broke.

or are we not allowed to ask non-deferential questions because, please, it's sexist.

I usually try to have more substance to my contributions than smilies.

But to your post here, the only response I can think of is:

:|:rolleyes:

But, yes, your question is inherently sexist.

I'm trying very hard to listen to McCain's point of view since we're in a debate, which is a non-partisan setting. But, honestly, I cannot follow what he's saying. He's turning into Palin here. He can't even complete a thought. He jumps from one subject to another in mid-sentence. All this business about bombing Iran, John? Would you like me to Youtube you with your adorable song about that very thing?

You are kiddding me right? He is losing? I have it pretty close to even...

Obama said Orgy so he is ahead with my inner adolescent.

Oh, so we've entered the "This is my personal anecdote about a soldier's death, and I feel their pain better than you!" part of the debate.

sigh

Not watching it myself, based on the posts here and making the necessary allowances for FYM'rs allegiances/biases.....

.....I suspect you are right in calling it as even.

Isn't there already a Justice League? I am confused....Superman Flash? Help me out here.

I think John McCain is this close to having a funny whistle in his voice when he pronounces "s" sounds.

That would be awesome to have a president who whistles when he talks. Like the kid who sings "All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth."

Perhaps McCain should've picked Petraeus to be his running mate since John seems to be giving him a lot of man-love tonight. At the very least, McCain should just come out and say that Petraeus is his BFF.

I don't think McCain's doing that badly, and I'm his idealogical polar opposite. :shrug: I don't know that he's gained any independents, but I don't think he's lost any, either.

That's my take too. Although I'm listening to it NOT watching it. I'm at work and listening on the computer. Visuals do matter...remember Nixon vs Kennedy?

That's my take too. Although I'm listening to it NOT watching it. I'm at work and listening on the computer. Visuals do matter...remember Nixon vs Kennedy?

One of McCain's biggest problems is that he can't look Obama in the eye. Obama is talking directly to him when he's responding. McCain isn't doing that, for whatever reason.

I think they have computer enhanced McCain to make him look younger.....

and Obama blacker.....

Conspiracy joke....:hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom