2008 U.S. Presidential Campaign Discussion Thread 13: Victory Lap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Obama is the first candidate to win the Presidency without winning the white vote since Clinton did in 1992. McCain also won the majority of those age 45 and over, as well as the majority of white college educated demographic.

Yeah, but so what, frankly? To be blunt, statements like this are what allow the left to paint conservatives as closet racists - and I am not saying you are racist.

I find these 'Our party will now govern for decades. Your party will be consigned to the dustbin of history' assumptions, from both sides, utterly pointless, history generally proves them wrong.

We are undergoing a massive change in demographics, however. So there is more truth to that statement now.

don't worry, the "old and hateful and easily frightened" vote will start to die off soon.

:wink:

Don't worry, the political groups that actually get married and have children as opposed to being single and childless or aborting their children, always have a strong political future.

What isn't low for people like this?
I just watched Elisabeth Hasselbeck act VERY gracefully on the View today and thought that some of that reconciliation both Barack and John talked about last night was going to start coming through.

I guess we will have to wait until my generation is "old and dumb."

I'd reply but I'm a bit busy trying to finish my dinner before I go out to fuck and abort this evening.

I'd reply but I'm a bit busy trying to finish my dinner before I go out to fuck and abort this evening.

the irony, of course, being that a liberal, educated Obama voter who's "young and dumb" (i'll over look your Canuckistan citizenship for a moment as i go all meta) is so much less likely to get divorced than your average Red State woman, it isn't even funny.

just compare the divorce rate in communist Massachusetts to ruby red Arkansas.

No, that was just a sarcastic retort to your "young and dumb" comment. That wasn't a low comment by you, just an annoying one.

Your comment that followed was low.

tsunami.jpg

the irony, of course, being that a liberal, educated Obama voter who's "young and dumb" (i'll over look your Canuckistan citizenship for a moment as i go all meta) is so much less likely to get divorced than your average Red State woman, it isn't even funny.

just compare the divorce rate in communist Massachusetts to ruby red Arkansas.

Ha! This line of discussion reminded me of something I read last week. Very revealing.

Dept. of Disputation: Red Sex, Blue Sex: Reporting & Essays: The New Yorker

Hey, this is pretty good - we made it this far in the thread before the anger really kicked in. Well done, everyone!

So .... President Obama, eh? Has a nice ring to it.

Oh and the following by Irvine is not?

He also used the :wink: and was merely responding in kind to your stereotypes

By the way I'm single and childless and to go along with your post will probably never ACTUALLY have either, have never had an abortion either (none of your business but I thought I'd share it anyway). If you can't see how offensive what you said is, well I can't help you with that one

Back
Top Bottom