2008 U.S. Presidential Campaign Discussion Thread 13: Victory Lap - Page 42 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-18-2008, 01:04 PM   #616
Blue Crack Distributor
 
LarryMullen's POPAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Posts: 53,698
Local Time: 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoMac View Post
The difference in the way Obama looks now from what he looked like two years ago is quite shocking, in my opinion.
Just wait until you see him four years from now...
__________________

__________________
LarryMullen's POPAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:13 PM   #617
Blue Crack Addict
 
flybabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sunglasses,USA
Posts: 17,056
Local Time: 10:48 AM
personally, since I have no choice I`m ok with Obama as long as he doesn`t screw us over. If he is what he says he is,the world will be erased of all it`s problems and it will all be part of a history book by `12.
__________________

__________________
flybabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:29 PM   #618
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,687
Local Time: 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flybabe View Post
as long as he doesn`t screw us over.
Well this could be said about any president...

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybabe View Post
If he is what he says he is,the world will be erased of all it`s problems and it will all be part of a history book by `12.
Yeah, I remember when he said that...
__________________
BVS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:30 PM   #619
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoMac View Post
The difference in the way Obama looks now from what he looked like two years ago is quite shocking, in my opinion.
Yeah, and I'm sure it'll get worse, he's in for a rough few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybabe View Post
personally, since I have no choice I`m ok with Obama as long as he doesn`t screw us over. If he is what he says he is,the world will be erased of all it`s problems and it will all be part of a history book by `12.
That's very unrealistic. He's said as much, many times. He won't be able to magically fix all the crap that's been left for him in the next 4 years. If that's your measure of his success, you'll be sorely disappointed.
__________________
VintagePunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:35 PM   #620
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,666
Local Time: 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flybabe View Post
personally, since I have no choice I`m ok with Obama as long as he doesn`t screw us over. If he is what he says he is,the world will be erased of all it`s problems and it will all be part of a history book by `12.
Unfortunately, the world will never be rid of all its problems, no matter how good a president Obama, or anyone else, is.
__________________

BoMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 02:29 PM   #621
Blue Crack Addict
 
flybabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sunglasses,USA
Posts: 17,056
Local Time: 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post



That's very unrealistic. He's said as much, many times. He won't be able to magically fix all the crap that's been left for him in the next 4 years. If that's your measure of his success, you'll be sorely disappointed.

My point exactly.

But still who knows what could happen,it might really work out
when someone says they are gonna do something (presidents) They better do it...
__________________
flybabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 02:38 PM   #622
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,687
Local Time: 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flybabe View Post
My point exactly.
How is that your point exactly? No one has ever alluded to these magical powers except you.

Do you really expect this means of debate to be taken seriously?

You make up something about someone and then say, see I told you he couldn't do that...
__________________
BVS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 02:42 PM   #623
Blue Crack Addict
 
flybabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sunglasses,USA
Posts: 17,056
Local Time: 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
How is that your point exactly? No one has ever alluded to these magical powers except you.

Do you really expect this means of debate to be taken seriously?

You make up something about someone and then say, see I told you he couldn't do that...

I`m not saying anyone can fix all the fucked up stuff in the world,I`m just saying,like the economy,he could pretty well fix that and it be a thing of the past.
__________________
flybabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 02:45 PM   #624
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,666
Local Time: 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flybabe View Post
If he is what he says he is,the world will be erased of all it`s problems [...]
Quote:
Originally Posted by flybabe View Post
I`m not saying anyone can fix all the fucked up stuff in the world,I`m just saying,like the economy,he could pretty well fix that and it be a thing of the past.
Explain how these two statements are not contradictory.
__________________

BoMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 02:51 PM   #625
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,687
Local Time: 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flybabe View Post
I`m not saying anyone can fix all the fucked up stuff in the world,I`m just saying,like the economy,he could pretty well fix that and it be a thing of the past.
Then why say:

Quote:
If he is what he says he is,the world will be erased of all it`s problems and it will all be part of a history book by `12.
I'm confused.
__________________
BVS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:11 PM   #626
Blue Crack Addict
 
flybabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sunglasses,USA
Posts: 17,056
Local Time: 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post



I'm confused.
You must watch this thread like a hawk...

Are you saying he can`t do it or
do you think he could?
He has the power?

well anyway I hope he makes a awsome president
__________________
flybabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:26 PM   #627
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,687
Local Time: 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flybabe View Post

Are you saying he can`t do it or
do you think he could?
I think Obama is capable, yes...

But my point is that Obama nor his supporters ever made such craptastic fairy tales that Obama would erase all the wrong in the world, which is what you were trying to allude. Republicans are going to have to do a lot better than building these types of weak arguments.
__________________
BVS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:43 PM   #628
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
DrTeeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The Q continuum
Posts: 4,770
Local Time: 03:48 PM

I don't think Obama is going to change anything big soon, when it comes to the economy and foreign policy it'll come down to damage control en steps in the right direction.

In all fairness, I do think there's a lot of hype surrounding the Obama presidency even though I have no doubt he will make a fine president. It's all good, as long as everybody stays realistic in their expectations.
__________________
DrTeeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:47 PM   #629
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Vincent Vega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Berlin
Posts: 6,615
Local Time: 03:48 PM
Whoever thinks the current economic crisis can be easily dealt with by one person is quite an optimist. Nevertheless, at least compared to Bush and his current government I have a lot more trust in Obama, especially on a multilateral level.
__________________
Vincent Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 05:14 PM   #630
ONE
love, blood, life
 
A_Wanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Wild West
Posts: 12,518
Local Time: 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
I think Obama is capable, yes...

But my point is that Obama nor his supporters ever made such craptastic fairy tales that Obama would erase all the wrong in the world, which is what you were trying to allude. Republicans are going to have to do a lot better than building these types of weak arguments.
Too right, because "This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal"
__________________

__________________
A_Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com