2008 Presidential Election : Third Debate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think Obama needed to stand up and walk around. It seemed like for the first 30-45 minutes, he was uncomfortable sitting at the table.

The male voters seem to like McCain's attempt at tough guy talk.

With verbal attacks, it doesn't seem the voters disliked it as much as last time, even though McCain has dished out more venom tonight.

This worries me.

Incidentally, I only know one plumber--actually his son was a classmate of mine--and he was one of the richest people in the community. I guess he's what you'd call a small business owner. I'm not denigrating his profession or his success at it. . .just saying Joe Plumber probably makes a lot more money than a lot of white collar workers. Again it's this nonsensical mythmaking at work. . .

MCCAIN

76%

OBAMA

22%

I'm not even going to bother asking where you got the numbers.

I honestly don't care who thinks who "won" the debate. There are three weeks left to go, and it should be interesting.

And nerve-wracking. I'll just be over here, hugging my bottle of Stoli.

capt.400f5522b73142299c8e272b105082fd.obama_2008_ohjh113.jpg

Please let me introduce to you:

Joe
The
PLUMBER

<>

I think Obama needed to stand up and walk around. It seemed like for the first 30-45 minutes, he was uncomfortable sitting at the table.

I think Obama felt like he wasted the entire time having to refute McCain's allegations left and right. Please we all need to be asking ourselves this question:

Why couldn't Bob Barr replace McCain in this debate?

The world would be better off.

capt.400f5522b73142299c8e272b105082fd.obama_2008_ohjh113.jpg

Please let me introduce to you:

Joe
The
PLUMBER

<>

Like I say. . .the mythmaking. What's "Joe the Plumber" about this guy? He looks homespun? Humble? Hardworking? And we're basing that on what? His clothes? His clean-shaven head?

One of my coworkers said she wasn't sure who she'd be voting for. She said she was leaning toward McCain "because of my religion."

I didn't press her on it, because I like her too much and just didn't want to go there.

That sort of thing worries me in general. But what heartened me was that she seemed very conflicted about it. Like she felt like she should, but didn't feel that it was the best thing to do.

You don't know a lot of conservatives do you? The thing about having your head buried in the sand is that you can't look at a lot of different subjects.

Honestly all the conservatives I know (and there are some scary ones in my extended family) are so scared shitless about their investments and keeping their ridiculous gas guzzlers and their money in general that I don't think they are even aware of other issues. You are right on, it's tunnel vision, but when it's your own ass on the line, you don't care about a uterus in librul San Fran.

My mom's a very conservative retired OB-GYN and is pro-choice.

It's one of the few things she and my very conservative dad disagree on.

One of my coworkers said she wasn't sure who she'd be voting for. She said she was leaning toward McCain "because of my religion."

I didn't press her on it, because I like her too much and just didn't want to go there.

That sort of thing worries me in general. But what heartened me was that she seemed very conflicted about it. Like she felt like she should, but didn't feel that it was the best thing to do.

She already uses more brains than a lot of conservative men. It's sad how religion should play any role in this election.

I think Obama felt like he wasted the entire time having to refute McCain's allegations left and right. Please we all need to be asking ourselves this question:

Why couldn't Bob Barr replace McCain in this debate?

The world would be better off.

Seriously. That's where McCain scored on this debate----the moderator wasted time with questions about ads, etc., and got the conversation off of the issues for at least 10 minutes---1/9th of the debate. In fact, I believe they spent more than the allotted time on it.

You don't know a lot of conservatives do you? The thing about having your head buried in the sand is that you can't look at a lot of different subjects.

I know some, I'm not isolated in some Liberal nirvana, unfortunately. ;) I just think that people are essentially self-centered, and if there's something more immediate that's threatening to them or their families, like "how are we going to feed ourselves, or pay our bills, or stay in our homes," things like that take precedence over more philosophical debates like abortion.

Back
Top Bottom