2008 Presidential Election : Third Debate - Page 33 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 10-16-2008, 01:58 PM   #481
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:36 PM
He's like a lizard with that freaking tongue. Maybe he has dry mouth.

YouTube - McAngry: Debate edition!

Old 10-16-2008, 01:59 PM   #482
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:36 PM
I have my absentee ballot in front of me right now and after the debate last night, gosh, I just don't know what to do.

Old 10-16-2008, 02:03 PM   #483
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulgirl View Post
I have my absentee ballot in front of me right now and after the debate last night, gosh, I just don't know what to do.
M-

Fill it out and I will deliver it for you.

<>
Old 10-16-2008, 02:04 PM   #484
ONE
love, blood, life

About 200K Ohio voters have records discrepancies

Oct 15 08:18 PM US/Eastern
By TERRY KINNEY
Associated Press Writer 132 Comments

McCain Demands Obama To Explain Relationship With ACORN

CINCINNATI (AP) - Close to one in every three newly registered Ohio voters will end up on court-ordered lists being sent to county election boards because they have some discrepancy in their records, an elections spokesman said Wednesday.
Secretary of State Jennifer Brunner estimated that an initial review found that about 200,000 newly registered voters reported information that did not match motor-vehicle or Social Security records, Brunner spokesman Kevin Kidder said. Some discrepancies could be as simple as a misspelling, while others could be more significant.

The 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Cincinnati sided with the Ohio Republican Party on Tuesday and ordered Brunner to set up a system that provides those names to county elections boards. The GOP contends the information will help prevent fraud.

"Things already are in motion to comply," Kidder said. "We're working to establish these processes on how we can make this work. The computer work actually began last week."

About 666,000 Ohioans have registered to vote since January.

Brunner previously cross-checked new-voter registrations with databases run by the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicle and the Social Security Administration and made the results available online, but the 6th Circuit said the information was not accessible in a way that would help county election boards ferret out mismatches.

Brunner, a Democrat, told The (Cleveland) Plain Dealer on Wednesday that she is concerned the court decision is a veiled attempt at disenfranchising voters. Brunner said she'll urge counties not to force these people to use provisional ballots.

The court gave Brunner until Friday to get election boards the information but it was unclear whether that deadline would be met. The court set no penalty for missing the deadline.

County election officials were trying to determine Wednesday how they will respond once they get the information.

"I'm very concerned with these new requirements as we get closer to Election Day," said Steve Harsman, director of the Montgomery County Board of Elections in Dayton. He said his staff already is working 16 hours a day, seven days a week.

"It's clearly going to have an impact in regard to resources we have to expend to resolve discrepancies," said Jeff Hastings, chairman of the Cuyahoga County Board of Elections in Cleveland.

"We've had about 100,000 (registrations) since January and of those about 34,000 since the primary. We will do whatever is required of us."

Also Wednesday, the Ohio Republican Party said it has filed public records requests with all 88 counties for copies of forms submitted by newly registered voters, especially those who registered and cast an absentee ballot on the same day during a one-week window earlier this month.

Brunner has said that 13,141 Ohioans registered and voted immediately during the window.

"We've seen reports of fraudulent registrations, and we want to see those forms first-hand," said Jason Mauk, the state GOP's executive director.

___
Old 10-16-2008, 02:05 PM   #485
Refugee

Local Time: 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
Officials: FBI investigates ACORN for voter fraud
OH MY!

The dems might actually register enough people to offset 5% of the legitimate voters that the GOP illegally kicks off the voter rolls every election.

Cry me a river.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:03 PM   #486
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:36 PM
I thought it wasn't voter fraud until someone actually tried to vote with that information.

In other words, it's not illegal until someone claiming to be Mickey Mouse actually shows up at the poll and tries to vote.

Please correct me if I'm wrong - I know several people will.

This all reads to me like McCain and Co. are just sowing the seeds (har har) of delegitimizing Obama's win. So that if he wins, McCain and Co. can go around pointing fingers to say "Yeah, but they won by cheating."

So basically, same shit, different election, different side pointing the fingers. Debatable as to which side is cheating worse than the others from election to election.

(But I'm still waiting for proof that the Dems are doing anything bad here.)
Old 10-16-2008, 03:07 PM   #487
Blue Crack Supplier

Hey guys, I just got the inside scoop on the GOP ticket for 2012:

Old 10-16-2008, 03:09 PM   #488
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:36 PM
Maybe they shouldn't write every name off as voter fraud: Bizarre kids names?

I don't know what Obama's, or McCain's which is interestingly not being questioned, long affiliation with the apparently nationwide operating organisation of ACORN directly has to do with a local branch of that organisation recently screwing up and doing a stupid disservice.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:47 PM   #489
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond View Post
Officials: FBI investigates ACORN for voter fraud
Quote:
Originally Posted by cydewaze View Post
McCain has historically supported ACORN. Why are they suddenly taboo?

McCain at ACORN event, where he was the headliner.
Interesting.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:53 PM   #490
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
I thought it wasn't voter fraud until someone actually tried to vote with that information.

In other words, it's not illegal until someone claiming to be Mickey Mouse actually shows up at the poll and tries to vote.

Please correct me if I'm wrong - I know several people will.

(But I'm still waiting for proof that the Dems are doing anything bad here.)

You're not wrong.

And there's no proof that the Dems did anything.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:05 PM   #491
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post

i said this a few pages back -- you are correct.

but being correct doesn't give good hysteria, nor does it correctly lay out an "explanation" for why the GOP is likely going to be trounced soon.

i said likely, bitches. back off.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:12 PM   #492
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

‘Plumber’ says he has no plumbing license

COLUMBUS, Ohio - Joe the Plumber, America's most famous tradesman, said Thursday he doesn't have a license and doesn't need one.

Joe Wurzelbacher, better known as Joe the Plumber, the nickname Republican John McCain bestowed on him during Wednesday's presidential debate, said he works for a small plumbing company that does residential work. Because he works for someone else, he doesn't need a license, he said.

His boss, Al Newell of Newell Plumbing and Heating Co. of Toledo, is a licensed plumbing contractor in Toledo, records show. But anyone working under Newell should have a journeyman’s plumbing license or an apprenticeship license, officials said.

And the county Wurzelbacher and Newell live in, Lucas County, requires plumbers to have licenses, but neither is licensed there
, said Cheryl Schimming of Lucas County Building Regulations, which handles plumber licenses in parts of the county outside Toledo.

Wurzelbacher, who voted in the Republican primary and indicated he backed McCain,

Rest of article here: 'Plumber' says he has no plumbing license - The Debates - MSNBC.com

Poor guy. He's turning out to be a real doofus, and it's all because McCain mentioned him 23 times. It's almost similar to Sarah Palin pimping out her pregnant daughter or her DS son in the public spotlight for her own benefit (other pediatricians in my clinic consider that child abuse, btw).
Old 10-16-2008, 04:30 PM   #493
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

YouTube - Joe Biden vs. Joe the Plumber

Old 10-16-2008, 04:37 PM   #494
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Interesting.
Michelle Malkin Obamacorn, Mickey Mouse, and John McCain

There will be some damage from this. Crossing the isle has it's negatives.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:42 PM   #495
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleoscar View Post
Hysterically, that link is blocked from being viewed at my office.

Category: hate speech.