2008 Presidential Election : Third Debate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The way some people here take Letterman seriously is absolutley ridiculous...woudn't you say? Dave's a blowhard these days...sure he had his "heyday" when he was right on target, but now, especially with the whining about McCain not showing up on his precious show was pathetic...it really was. He's at least 10 years too late. C'mon, Johnny Carson would have nailed his ass to the fence!!!

The way some people here take Letterman seriously is absolutley ridiculous...woudn't you say? Dave's a blowhard these days...sure he had his "heyday" when he was right on target, but now, especially with the whining about McCain not showing up on his precious show was pathetic...it really was. He's at least 10 years too late. C'mon, Johnny Carson would have nailed his ass to the fence!!!

What are you talking about? Dave asked him more hard, straight, point-blank questions than a lot of 'real' journalists have recently.

And McCain's actions were absolutely worthy of the mockery Dave unleashed on him. He cancelled his appearance because he urgently had to go back to Washington and then during the taping of Dave's show McCain is shown to still be in New York taping something with Katie Couric. McCain deserved everything he got from Dave. It was neither whining nor pathetic.

Yeah, Dave was right on. You may not like his comedy, but the questions he asked McCain were on the money. And, I felt McCain got worse and worse as the interview went on. He had dry mouth and was sweating. He was nervous, a little agitated, and his jokes never landed. Then again, some would say the same about Dave some nights....
Yeah, I mean I know it's too early, but I feel deep down this race is over.
The sad thing is that McCain sacrificed alot of what he was respected for in the process. Too bad for him.

Letterman totally nailed him. It was almost embarrassing. Good for him for actually asking the questions that need to be asked.

What are you talking about? Dave asked him more hard, straight, point-blank questions than a lot of 'real' journalists have recently.

And McCain's actions were absolutely worthy of the mockery Dave unleashed on him. He cancelled his appearance because he urgently had to go back to Washington and then during the taping of Dave's show McCain is shown to still be in New York taping something with Katie Couric. McCain deserved everything he got from Dave. It was neither whining nor pathetic.

O.K. but what gives Dave the right to think that his "talk show" is sooooo important that if McCain, who has appeared more than several times, decides to postpone it, over the "worst economic crisis since the great depression", what gives Dave the right to over-dramatize the whining and bitching like McCain skipped a debate or something...it was absolutley ridiculous. Dave's better days are behind him. Nobody, or should I say HARDLY ANYBODY, gives two shits about David Lettermen...or so it seems, John McCain.

Do you think Dave was at least justified asking McCain why he cancelled the appearance saying he needed to get back to Washington, only to stop by the Katie Couric show for an interview beforehand?

Do you think Dave was at least justified asking McCain why he cancelled the appearance saying he needed to get back to Washington, only to stop by the Katie Couric show for an interview beforehand?

Yes, but isn't KATIE considered REAL NEWS by most people???
I personally put her on the same level as Lettermen, if not a little lower for hard, quick and funny moments that ARE real. Still, the "public" seems to consider Katie and Company "real" news as opposed to a "talk show". Not that that's right but don't they???

McCain didn't head back to Washington til the next morning. If it was so urgent to get back to DC, I'm sure he could have found a way there. And so he still would have had time (30 minutes max?) to appear on Letterman's show. And didn't McCain himself say "I screwed up"? :shrug:

He did. And apparently last year Letterman was important enough to announce his campaign there.

The saddest thing of all is that the most hard hitting interview of either candidate, from either side of the isle, this fall, came from a fucking comedian on a late night talk show who has basically been mailing it in for the last 15 years.

And who among you who never actually did watch Meet the Press, were puzzled by the grief over the loss of Tim Russert?

None of them have or had the balls to ask those kind of questions.
None of them but Letterman. SAD.

It says more about our media than anything.
Pitiful.

Yes, but isn't KATIE considered REAL NEWS by most people???
I personally put her on the same level as Lettermen, if not a little lower for hard, quick and funny moments that ARE real. Still, the "public" seems to consider Katie and Company "real" news as opposed to a "talk show". Not that that's right but don't they???

um, you are aware that Katie Couric is the anchor of the CBS evening news.

yes, she is "real" news, by any measure.

Back
Top Bottom