2008 Presidential Election : Third Debate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I read it the same, but his voting past shouldn't cause any kind of superstitious fear like that because he was voting for people that had no chance in hell of winning anyway. It wasn't his vote that caused all of those guys to lose, it was the 200,000,000 other votes they didn't get(well, less than that for Dole). :wink:

Well, exactly. I thought it was a little tongue-in-cheek.

I have a reputation for being a black cloud among my closest friends.

I have been thrown in closets and not allowed to watch the Celtics for example after they were down by more than twenty points. After entering the closet, the Celtics would come back.

I have been offered meals for my wife and I if I turn of Patriots games.

There are many other examples in my past. The Cloud as my friends call me, works in mysterious ways......

I am nervous.:D

I have been thrown in closets and not allowed to watch the Celtics for example after they were down by more than twenty points. After entering the closet, the Celtics would come back.

There are many other examples in my past. The Cloud as my friends call me, works in mysterious ways......

Think positive, dude. This is the year to turn things around.:hi5:

Ever see "The Cooler" ? Great movie.

I just spent the last 60-90 minutes reading all 35 pages. :crack:

He's still looking for Mr. Puddles?

:lmao:

John, I'm still waiting to find out what Joe's number is I clogged the shitter this morning.
:lol:

Man, the Daily Show and Colbert Report are going to have a field day with McCain tomorrow.
:hyper:

Especially when the average cost of healthcare is $5,800, per McCain.

Not even f**king close in this household. Try almost double that :crack:

Too many other posts to quote.
19 more days :pray:

so it's safe to assume that you've been watching the Sox lately. :angry:

My wife tied me up and through me in the room without a TV. I thought this was going to be a fun night, but she shut the door and left. Here I am typing with my nose. Are they losing again?:sad:

I missed this last night in all the yelling and swearing about the grand ol' abortion topic, but was anyone else disturbed by McCain's use of air quotes when he mentioned "health of the mother" in response to Obama?

Did it read to anyone else like "To hell with this "health of the mother" crap, pregnant lady. You're having that baby even if it kills you."?

Yes, it's an exaggeration for sure, but as a woman, I sure don't like anyone referring to my potential health issues with mocking air quotes.

Hey, Senator McCain, I got some air quotes for you right here - some one-finger air quotes.

I missed this last night in all the yelling and swearing about the grand ol' abortion topic, but was anyone else disturbed by McCain's use of air quotes when he mentioned "health of the mother" in response to Obama?

Did it read to anyone else like "To hell with this "health of the mother" crap, pregnant lady. You're having that baby even if it kills you."?

No, it read to me like "health of mother can be stretched to mean the mother's health is endangered cuz she might get a headache."

Which is no less disingenuous.

This past Thursday, White House Security told The BAW's that we were too early for the Obama housewarming!!!! :giggle:

IMG_6186-1.jpg

Where are your sleeping bags and stuff? Aren't you going to camp out until inauguration day?

cautiousoptimismcautiousoptimismcautiousoptimismcautiousoptimism

Yes, it's an exaggeration for sure, but as a woman, I sure don't like anyone referring to my potential health issues with mocking air quotes.

Hey, Senator McCain, I got some air quotes for you right here - some one-finger air quotes.

I didn't see the debate (I DVR'd it but now that it's old news, I can't bring myself to watch it) but a friend did a hilarious imitation. He commented that if there were any Hillary supporters left still stubbornly voting for McCain, that he just lost them with those air quotes - or should have anyway.

Dread, are you saying you've spent a lot of time in the closet?

:hmm:

:wink:

Now I understand why Joe was so worried about Obama's tax plan. Seems he's not a fan of paying taxes at all.

After Debate, Glare Of Media Hits Joe

But the emergence of Joe has allowed the state of Ohio to locate the man it says owes nearly $1,200 in back taxes. His motives for confronting Sen. Barack Obama at a campaign stop in his neighborhood earlier this week are the subject of intense Internet speculation. The city of Toledo is preparing a letter to his employer seeking to determine whether he is violating city codes, and the plumbers union is on his tail.

"Joe the Plumber really isn't a plumber," said Thomas Joseph, business manager of Local 50 of the United Association of Plumbers, Steamfitters and Service Mechanics, whose national membership has endorsed Obama.

:rolleyes:

Now I understand why Joe was so worried about Obama's tax plan. Seems he's not a fan of paying taxes at all.

After Debate, Glare Of Media Hits Joe

:rolleyes:

:lol: Awesome.

Conservatives are going to start coming out with attacks on the media, accusing the liberal media of smearing and attacking an average American who just had a question for a candidate. Just watch. They'll overlook the fact that he willingly spent the whole day yesterday on his front lawn talking to reporters. He could've been at work instead.

The fact of the matter is that this guy is completely false.

While declining to say who he'll vote for, he's readily offered that he's not fond of Obama.

He asked about making $250,000 a year and taxes as if it were his situation...but neither he nor the business he would potentially own make anything close to that.

And yet he's being used as an icon of "average" Americans and "average" small business owners.

I thought when I heard about "Joe the plumber" that he and the business that employs him could very well be in for attention and scrutiny neither really wants.

I just want to point out that while I was tied up and away from the TV last night, the Red Sox came back from 7-0.....

Michelle is now telling me I am going to be locked up after I vote on election day.:mad:

I'm proud of you, America!

Start attacking a guy for asking a question of a political candidate! Didn't Joe get the memo that Obama is not to be scrutinized in this election?

:lol: Awesome.

Conservatives are going to start coming out with attacks on the media, accusing the liberal media of smearing and attacking an average American who just had a question for a candidate. Just watch. They'll overlook the fact that he willingly spent the whole day yesterday on his front lawn talking to reporters. He could've been at work instead.

Again, the guy's brought this upon himself. He could very easily have decided not to prolong his spotlight and actually be the "flash in the pan" that he believes himself to be (and that he will be). Instead, he decided to prolong his spotlight, thus shining it more brightly on himself. Everyone knows what occurs when that happens. :shrug:

Once again, the guy's totally false. What are his plans to take the $100K/year company and turn its profitability into a $250K/year? If he can do that, maybe he should be President. Now he's saying that he can't trust someone who decides that $250K is the threshhold because you can never tell if that person will someday decide if $100K is the threshhold. Sounds to me more like the guy has an issue with the general notion of taxes and tax brackets overall---not an issue with how Obama's plan would specifically affect him, seeing as how it won't.

But yeah, just to repeat---if you're going to talk to the press for 16 hours on your front lawn, you know what you're bringing upon youself.

Start attacking a guy for asking a question of a political candidate! Didn't Joe get the memo that Obama is not to be scrutinized in this election?

After 8 years of Bush being beyond reproach and people getting attacked for questioning him, we assumed it was accepted practice.

Didn't realize the rules changed now that it's your guys on the other end of the stick, sorry!

I'm proud of you, America!

you're missing the point.

the point is not that he asked a question, the point is that he is being held up by the McCain people as the embodiment of a criticism of Obama, when the reality is that he represents nothing of the sort.

Back
Top Bottom