2008 Presidential Election : Third Debate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's sad how religion should play any role in this election.

I completely agree.

I don't have any problem with someone who is religious. In fact, I admire many things about people with a strong faith.

However, I feel it has no place in government.

(I know, this is such a totally earth-shattering concept. ;) )

I know! You could have knocked me over with a feather when I learned that.

CNN Ohio undecided voters panel:

- Gave McCain high marks for much of the debate, especially the first 30 minutes

- Just said that Obama won 15-10-5

She already uses more brains than a lot of conservative men. It's sad how religion should play any role in this election.

Why is that sad? Isn't that the beauty of democracy that every woman and every man has the right to vote on their conscious and convictions? That's what makes a great nation.

I know plenty of religious people who are deeply thoughtful people. I know plenty who are not. But the same can be said for joe six-packs as well.

Religion is not our problem. A lack of education and a growing move towards isolationism and bravado in our country is the problem.

I completely agree.

I don't have any problem with someone who is religious. In fact, I admire many things about people with a strong faith.

That is exactly how I feel! I wish I could have the faith some of my friends have, but that's a personal barrier I will deal with.

A secular government is fair to everyone! It doesn't mean you are a godless nation.

Religion is not our problem. A lack of education and a growing move towards isolationism and bravado in our country is the problem.

Hmm, you raise interesting points, Creepy Bar Stalker Guy.

I still don't know how to do that!

Do you see the little icon to the right of the "quote" button? If there are three posts you want to address in a single response, you just hit that button with the quote marks in each of those three posts, and then when you hit "reply," all three of those posts you're quoting will just show up in the reply box and there you go! :)

(Don't mind me, I'm just playing with the multi-quote feature. And FAILING.)

I am learning!!!

I completely agree.

I know! You could have knocked me over with a feather when I learned that.

I DID IT!!!

Sen. John McCain 10% 1675
Sen. Barack Obama 87% 13951
No clear winner 3% 427

From cnn

Diamond, you might want to use this when posting your numbers:

http:// tiny url . com/3mtftj

As always, omit spaces

Cue Roy Orbison, folks....

Focus Group of undecided independent voters conducted by Frank Luntz for Fox News:

Luntz: …none had made a decision to support Sen. Obama before the debate, but more than half supported after the debate. It was a good night for Barack Obama.

diamond must have watched a different debate.

Thank goodness it's time for America's Next Top Model. I need something fluffly to wash the taste of smirking politics out of my brain.

Why is that sad? Isn't that the beauty of democracy that every woman and every man has the right to vote on their conscious and convictions? That's what makes a great nation.

I know plenty of religious people who are deeply thoughtful people. I know plenty who are not. But the same can be said for joe six-packs as well.

You are totally correct.

What I meant to say by sad (I really could elaborate better :down:): Religion should not be used as a means of reasoning when picking a candidate, except when their freedom of practicing their religion becomes threatened.

CNN phone poll:

Obama did the best job, 58%; McCain did the best - 31%

Obama's favourables rose, unfavourables went down. The opposite for McCain, of course.

Another resounding Obama win.

Also, Obama won according to CNN pundits. Even the republicans among them scored Obama higher.

Somewhere in the McCain camp, a fat lady is singing.:happy:

John McCain didn't just fail to get the game-changer he needed -- he was trounced in this third and final debate, if the instant post-debate polling provides any indication.

The results over at CBS show Obama to have scored the biggest victory to date: "Fifty-three percent of the uncommitted voters surveyed identified Democratic nominee Barack Obama as the winner of tonight's debate. Twenty-two percent said Republican rival John McCain won. Twenty-four percent saw the debate as a draw."

It is, the site writes, "a clean sweep" for the Illinois Democrat.

Over at CNN, a separate poll of several hundred debate watchers again favored the Democrat by large margins: 58 percent for Obama to McCain's 31 percent. Perhaps more importantly, McCain's favorable rating dropped 51 to 49 while his unfavorable rating increased from 45 percent to 49 percent. Obama ended up with 66 percent favorable rating.

Digging into the details the news is even worse for the Arizona Republican.

Asked who "expressed his views more clearly" 66 percent said Obama, 25 percent said McCain.
"Who spent their time attacking his opponent:" 80 percent said McCain, seven percent said Obama. "Who seemed to be the stronger leader:" 56 percent for Obama, 39 percent for McCain. And who was "more likeable:" 70 percent for Obama to McCain's 22 percent.

CNN also conducted a smaller focus group of 25 undecided likely voters in Ohio, and Obama won that too, 15-10.

Meanwhile, virtually the entire Frank Luntz focus group on Fox News, which was staged tonight in Miami, said that Barack Obama won the debate. Luntz termed it a "clear majority," but not one person raised their hand when asked if they thought McCain won.

Said Luntz: "None had made a decision to support Sen. Obama before the debate, but more than half supported him after the debate. It was a good night for Barack Obama."

Back
Top Bottom