12 dead - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-03-2010, 09:31 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
the iron horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in a glass of CheerWine
Posts: 3,251
Local Time: 02:02 AM
12 dead

12 dead in U.K. shooting rampage - Europe- msnbc.com
__________________

__________________
the iron horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:32 PM   #2
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,499
Local Time: 02:02 AM
those 12 would be dead even if he used a pencil or a rock.
__________________

__________________
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:36 PM   #3
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,697
Local Time: 01:02 AM
Guns are just tools...














































to take on shooting sprees.
__________________
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:38 PM   #4
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 459
Local Time: 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
those 12 would be dead even if he used a pencil or a rock.
I doubt it, the guy was 61, without a gun he would have been overpowered and stopped when he attacked on the high street. There's nothing particularly wrong with guns but for a portability + ease of use to killing ratio they're pretty high pretty unbeatable especially if someone lacks physicality.
__________________
popshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:47 PM   #5
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,499
Local Time: 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by popshopper View Post
I doubt it, the guy was 61, without a gun he would have been overpowered and stopped when he attacked on the high street. There's nothing particularly wrong with guns but for a portability + ease of use to killing ratio they're pretty high pretty unbeatable especially if someone lacks physicality.


i'm sure someone will argue your point and talk about gun control in the UK.

it won't be me.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:48 PM   #6
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,697
Local Time: 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by popshopper View Post
I doubt it, the guy was 61, without a gun he would have been overpowered and stopped when he attacked on the high street. There's nothing particularly wrong with guns but for a portability + ease of use to killing ratio they're pretty high pretty unbeatable especially if someone lacks physicality.


He was being facetious, this poster comes into every gun control thread says you can kill someone with a rock or a pencil and then runs out never to return and discuss.
__________________
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:48 PM   #7
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 08:02 PM
i was wondering if it'd be a righty or a lefty that would post this.

my guess is the argument is as follows: even with strict gun control laws people in england still shoot each other so the usa is right in not giving a fuck about anyone being allowed to get a tool designed to kill.

would i be right?



nb: i'm not going to debate this.
__________________
coolian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:49 PM   #8
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,697
Local Time: 01:02 AM
Yep
__________________
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:53 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
the iron horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in a glass of CheerWine
Posts: 3,251
Local Time: 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Yep

I have not made any statement on gun control on this thread.

And so far, I have not read of any shock or sadness over the fact that 12 people are dead.
__________________
the iron horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:07 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Pearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,653
Local Time: 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
I have not made any statement on gun control on this thread.

And so far, I have not read of any shock or sadness over the fact that 12 people are dead.
Your reputation proceeds you on this thread, which is your attitude towards guns.

Yes, it is sad that 12 people are dead, but you have to admit if UK gun laws were tighter, maybe they'd still be alive.
__________________
Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:12 PM   #11
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,730
Local Time: 11:02 PM
I know it's aggravating when your thread turns into something unwanted, but this type of statements are always irritating:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
And so far, I have not read of any shock or sadness over the fact that 12 people are dead.
... because if we don't type it onto this site, surely we must not actually feel it!
__________________
corianderstem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:37 PM   #12
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,697
Local Time: 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
I have not made any statement on gun control on this thread.

And so far, I have not read of any shock or sadness over the fact that 12 people are dead.
I am saddened anytime someone is killed. Honestly, that should go unsaid...

You often post a link without any commentary as to how you would like it to be discussed so it can go anywhere, that's the beauty and frustration of FYM.
__________________
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:41 PM   #13
Refugee
 
A stor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: U.S.A. East Coast
Posts: 2,464
Local Time: 07:02 AM
I saw this on our news, in the U.S. and think it is very sad. My prayers to the victims families. It must be horrible. What they are going through.
__________________
A stor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 03:19 AM   #14
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 19,271
Local Time: 01:02 AM
Frightening story, especially with the way the guy went about it at random like that. My condolances to all the families of those who died.

It really does stun me how people still don't see the need to have control over things like guns. What will it take to get people to understand?

Angela
__________________
Moonlit_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 04:51 AM   #15
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,691
Local Time: 04:32 PM
This creeped me the fuck out because I know people up in the Lakes District.

I know people, man.
__________________

__________________
The Sad Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com