10 y/o Boy Refuses to Say Pledge, Causes OUTRAGE!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good for him. I stopped saying the Pledge in 7th grade myself, but I'm particularly impressed that he's doing it for gay and lesbian rights. :up:

Good for him as well. Like I said a few years ago, if any of my students could articulate a reason for refusing to say the pledge, I'd honor that. They all must stand, but beyond that, it's a personal choice.

I didn't say it all through high school.

WHY DON'T THESE TRAITORS GO LIVE IN ANOTHER COUNTRY. I'M SICK AND TIRED OF THESE UN-AMERICAN BASTARDS. IT'S TIME US REAL AMERICANS WHO LOVE THIS COUNTRY TAKE IT BACK FROM THESE FREAKS.

:love:

US REAL AMERICANS!

I've always found the pledge to be odd, I think I stopped saying sometime around 8th or 9th grade. How many other countries make school kids chant to a flag every morning?

Do it like we Germans did: Get rid of it altogether. :wink:

This reminds me of the Japanese I went to uni with in Montana and who spent seven years growing up in LA. He had to say the pledge even though he never became an American and he always felt like it was pure indoctrination. For him it was a way to make those students more comfortable with going to war and die for the country.

While I doubt a child of 10 has fully developed reasoning capacities, a child’s refusal to say the pledge should be respected.

I can't believe not saying the pledge is still an issue. I made a point of it in school (attention seeker:cute:) Teacher said fine and denied me a confrontation.:angry: I still won't say it, but I stopped being militant about it about five seconds after the teacher's less than horrified response.

I've always found the pledge to be odd, I think I stopped saying sometime around 8th or 9th grade. How many other countries make school kids chant to a flag every morning?

I didn't actually know any country except for China still did this until a year or two ago.

:up: Kudos to the kid, he has the right to refuse so I don't get why people tell him off. I guess equal rights don't abide to those who don't follow age old traditions.

And they have a right to not like it...

She's not saying anything about whether or not they should be allowed to disagree with him. She's simply stating that she doesn't understand the point-of-view of someone who thinks pledging allegiance to a flag is so important.

As long as the kid doesn't get in trouble for refusing.

Agreed, he has the right to do so.

And they have a right to not like it...

That they have the right or not doesn't matter here. I'm just saying I don't get why they complain about something so trivial, when the child is doing nothing wrong.

She's not saying anything about whether or not they should be allowed to disagree with him. She's simply stating that she doesn't understand the point-of-view of someone who thinks pledging allegiance to a flag is so important.

As long as the kid doesn't get in trouble for refusing.

Yeah exactly that. :) I understand it's a nice gesture to salute to a flag or so, but why is it so incredibly important to some people that they call a child off for not sharing their view?

Since FNC has more viewers than pretty much all the other cable news channels, wouldn't they be a big part of the dreaded Mainstream Media? Last I checked, they weren't saying too much nice about Obama.

No.

ABC
NBC
CBS=

lamestream media.

CNN MSNBC are kissing cousins of lamestream.

Fox stands alone, being fair and balanced and often entertaining.

<>

Fox is to news what wrestling is to sport.

tumblr_kpd8i6ZY151qzaz00o1_500.jpg

Back
Top Bottom