10 y/o Boy Refuses to Say Pledge, Causes OUTRAGE!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There is no such thing as a tyranny of the minority.

Wanting to be equal in the law is not a demand or grievance.

There is no such thing as a tyranny of the minority.
With December right around the corner there will be plenty of examples of tyranny of the minority as 100 year-old traditional Christmas parades are canceled or schools label the evergreen in the corner a Winter Holiday Tree.
All for fear, fear of a lawsuit or offending one person.

Wherever judicial activism, political correctness or economic egalitarianism runs amuck you have a degree of tyranny of the minority.
Wanting to be equal in the law is not a demand or grievance.
Agreed. But equal in opportunity, not outcome.

With December right around the corner there will be plenty of examples of tyranny of the minority as 100 year-old traditional Christmas parades are canceled or schools label the evergreen in the corner a Winter Holiday Tree.
All for fear, fear of a lawsuit or offending one person.

Wherever judicial activism, political correctness or economic egalitarianism runs amuck you have a degree of tyranny of the minority.

The only parades I've heard of getting canceled are ones that can't be funded anymore due to the economy.

But I see what you mean about that tree. Tree Rights > Gay Rights!

This reads like straight up propaganda.

Agreed. But equal in opportunity, not outcome.

Christ.

Tree Rights > Gay Rights

That's your equation but I think you have a great idea for a television show there.

"America's Biggest Victim."

Gays, the earth, minorities, women, Native-Americans, our homeless, Muslims, the 47 million uninsured, exploited workers in Third World sweatshops -- jeez, the list of contestants would be... endless.

But phillyfan, only one can be,

America's biggest victim.

That's your equation but I think you have a great idea for a television show there.

Gays, the earth, minorities, women, Native-Americans, our homeless, Muslims, the 47 million uninsured, exploited workers in Third World sweatshops -- jeez, the list of contestants would be... endless.

And the winner is...

Christians!

;)

You do realize an enumerated right or power means "listed" or "written down" as opposed to a right or power which is "discovered" by judges where none before existed.

I'm all for protecting individual and minority rights from the tyranny of the majority but there is a certain tyranny of the minority when they are allowed to frame their every demand or grievance as a right, rather than a beseechment, thus removing it from democratic debate or vote.
Equal treatment under the law doesn't strike me as a special right.

I'm all for protecting individual and minority rights from the tyranny of the majority but there is a certain tyranny of the minority when they are allowed to frame their every demand or grievance as a right, rather than a beseechment, thus removing it from democratic debate or vote.

Just like those damn blacks that wanted to sit at the front of the bus, when that wasn't enough they wanted to marry our women as well! :angry:

Tyranny of the minority. :madwife:

But we already know it's straight white protestant males!

ding! ding! ding!

we have a winner! INDY officially starts FYM's "War on Christmas!"

You do realize an enumerated right or power means "listed" or "written down" as opposed to a right or power which is "discovered" by judges where none before existed.

is this worse than cracking open the Constitution and writing down "No Fags Allowed" like W Bush wanted to do?

Did you know that I'm straight, white, male, insured, and upper middle class?

It's amazing that I give a fuck about anything, isn't it?

Back
Top Bottom