Zooropa effects

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mack_Again

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
If I'm beating dead horse here, I'm sorry but I still wonder what kind of effects were used in 360 tour live version of Zooropa.

Intro is (kinda) famous riff with double delay. I get that but is he using auto-wah with it or using just a normal wah pedal and just quickly manipulating it?
Plus, during the brief guitar break and loud part (starting of line "and I have no compass...") what kind of effect units is Edge using? I hear trem/vibrato and some other modulation but I can't pin down the specific units. And I hear distortion as well.

Thanx in advance! I hope Zooropa would be played during next leg of IE tour

The whole thing is pretty much wah (that's he manipulating manually), distortion, phaser, and the double delay.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

i listened that dallas or the edge told someone that the main riff was Wah+SDD. the tremolo part is maybe from TS9 or DM4 and Tremolo of the TC2290 or Pod.

Enviado desde mi iPad con U2 Interference

Isn't his Eventide harmonizer capable of some modulation.. I always thought that unit could do million hints in his former rig

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Where is the tremolo part?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Ok, I'm sure edge had some effects probably in like A3 and other units. Ok, probably that's it

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

For the first part u need a WAh + Sdd3000. Yo need to learn to do the sound. And for the second part use a tremolo fykter + delay. Delay at 436ms at whole song

besides the obviously delay and wah, anyone have any advice on what else to be using? OD/dist for example? as for the phaser suggested above, is there really any on there? sounds quite 'clean' to be honest

I would put a safe bet on that's it's the Korg A3 patch 27 tie died with just the wah and flanger activated... I've created a patch and it's pretty close... As for the trem part I would say it could be the A3 H3000 or TC2290. The reverse guitar on the studio version is A3 I think it's a patch in the 90s. Also it's possible to get the bridge sound in Lemon from the Tie Died patch using just wah and flanger

Back
Top Bottom