Zoo TV Live in Toronto

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gragravar

The Fly
Hello everyone,

There's pages and pages about this on the Gatherings forum but just in case anyone missed it there's a big U2 fan fest thing going on in Toronto from 4 - 7 November. I'm the bass player in Elevation Canada so from my point of view the main event will be Elevation's Zooropa set on Saturday 6 November which, as far as possible, will recreate a show they did in Dublin on that tour (it was captured in a pretty well known boot I think). We've got video screens, multiple TVs, lots and lots of video, some of it the original footage used on the actual tour, remote cameras, a B-stage and a belly dancer. Naomi Cambell and Lou Reed may also make an appearance. Or possibly not. Anyway because of the considerable cost of the thing we'll probably not be doing this show on this kind of scale again any time soon so if you missed ZooTV/Zooropa in 1992/93 this may be as close as you'll get to it unless you can arrange to borrow Michael J Fox's DeLorean.

There's also lots of other stuff to see/do that weekend, including a performance of the whole of the Red Rocks show by fellow Toronto tributeers October on Thursday and the entire Rattle and Hum album performed by various Canadian recording artists on the Friday. BP Fallon will be in attendance too and will be DJing for the Saturday night (just as he did for the real ZooTV show) as well as putting on his own Death Disco after the Friday night live session and holding a Q&A session on Saturday afternoon. And of course lots of full-on partying. Have a look at www.intotheheart.com for more detail.

If anyone's got any questions about how we got this ZooTV thing together (at least, I *think* we've got it together) please ask, I'll answer to the best of my ability. Thanks everyone and hope to see some of you here soon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom