You are the best thing.... Delay Time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

agocont

The Fly
Hi All,

I am interested to know if Edge uses dual delay or single delay on " You are the best thing...." and delay time ?

What are your considerations ?

Agostino

well this board is kinda inactive right now and i haven't really listened to the new songs all that much, sorry that i can't really help

There's a lot of tutorials on YouTube for the song, most of them go into what type of delays to use

My guess would be either 2 delays in series or maybe even 3 like Beautiful day 'touch me' part
It's a great little part that floats nicely with the delay. Maybe I will do a clip soon :hyper:

BB Mac maybe you are right, it would be 2 delays in series but i have doubts, because i tried with 1 delay around 385 ms and the sound seems to be really convincing.
what is your comment about the 2 delays in this song ?

About beautiful day on the " touch me " part, my consideration is that I hear only 1 delay and this from the 360 tour.

Before they could hear 3 delays on this part

Agostino

My guess would be either 2 delays in series or maybe even 3 like Beautiful day 'touch me' part
It's a great little part that floats nicely with the delay. Maybe I will do a clip soon :hyper:

Hello to You BB Mac,

with 2 delays the sound is even more convincing, can you tell me if the delays are set in serial or parallel mode and which delay times you used ?

Agostino

hi Agostino sorry for late reply

here is a clip with 2 delays not sure of the times as i used 2 pedals
for quickness on my pedalboard.
yes i think he changes it up a bit like you mention B-Day from 360 tour

heres the best thing guitar parts
https://soundcloud.com/bbbruce5/best-thing-guitar-parts

Hi the delays are in series. It was 2 delay pedals I used So not sure of the times. Pedals were a Boss
DM-2 and DD3 .I can send a clip.of each delay pedal
And you could match it up with your delay unit.

Back
Top Bottom