Yep - ANOTHER Edge Strat for Me.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edge_Orchestra

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
New Edge guitar for me!

"Fender Limited Edition American Special Stratocaster --
A STRATOCASTER WITH A DARK SIDE

To honor the 60th anniversary of the Stratocaster in 2014, the U.S.-made American Special Stratocaster is available in a sultry all-black limited edition model. An ideal instrument for the Stratocaster player with a dark side, the Limited Edition American Special Stratocaster has all the great American Special features, such as Texas Special™ pickups and a Greasebucket™ tone circuit, but is cloaked in the shadowy beauty of a gloss black body finish, with a black pickguard, black pickup covers and black controls.

FEATURES

• All-black treatment, including body finish, pickguard, pickup covers and controls
  • Maple neck with “C” profile and “large” headstock
  • 9.5”-radius maple fingerboard with 22 jumbo frets
  • Texas Special pickups with five-way switching
  • Greasebucket tone circuit (rolls off high frequencies without adding bass)
  • Vintage-style synchronized tremolo bridge"

Sweet!

I SO wanted one of those in the 80's. And they were like impossible to get back then in those pre-internet days. When you had to rely on music stores and endless paper catalogs. I ordered one and instead of an all black Strat with maple neck and big headstock I got one with a rosewood neck and standard headstock.

It's got Texas Special, so not quite like the Edge's strat? I think it's got more output so it's more versatile?

If the Edge is getting more Strats like we've seen in the (RED) concert, is it possible that the Edge's rig can be Fender-heavy? Im just wondering.

I'm surprised they didn't put the bullet in the headstock for this throwback. Would've been a nice touch

The black one I bought isn't a hard-tail. It has vintage synch tremolo.

I agree the pickups won't be like Edge's but we shall see how they work out. I played one in a shop recently and it sounded quite nice Edge-wise and otherwise. ?

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

I remember some high-end Fender Strats have rocking trem system(or 2 pivot point trem?) or it's feature in the past?

Back
Top Bottom