Yahweh Guitar Tab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

uzi

Babyface

U2
Yahweh
How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb

This is my first post to interference so I hope this thing formats correctly.

==
This song is awesome but incredibly simple at the same time.
It's in the key of C and the chords are pretty simple.

This is a great song to start out on if you're new to guitar or if you're learning Edge's style of using triads.

Most of what Edge noodles around with in this song is a triad on the top three strings.

Here are some of the shapes:

E 5 8 8
B 6 8 6
G 5 5 5

You can noodle around with them and get a feel for what he's doing. Of course, if you have your timings set on your delay/effects, you can get all the slap back tones. I haven't figured out the timings yet, but they're pretty close to what I already had programmed into my PodXT, so I imagine this was a pretty conventional effort for him.

==

Intro:
Variations on triads (577-558-568)
Main riff
E ______
B __565_
G 57____

Verse:

C C/G
Take these shoes
C/E C/F
Click clacking down some dead end street

There is also a second guitar and third guitar (which was probably a keyboard originally). The second is doing weird triad things and the third is playing the main riff.

Chorus:
C G
Yahweh
Am F
Yahweh
C G
Still I'm waiting for the dawn

The really cool riff is here. It's actually really easy. It's just more noodling around on the triad but it smokes.

E _8___5______8___5_
B 8_8_5_8____8_8_5__
G __________________

Middle:
This love is like a drop in the ocean

Guess what - this is more noodling on the triad shape, but it's an octave higher.
E ____________________
B _17s18s17s18s17s18....
G ____________________

Outro:

Variations on the main theme followed by a gentle ending:

E 8___8_8
B 8__8_8_
G 5______

C chord

=====

Any questions, feel free to contact me.
Michael
uzquiano@gmail.com

hi me again! that tab sounds great dude! for all of those who just wanna play it on a lone acoustic guitar and sing along (around a camp fire, e.tc heheheh) try C - G - Am - F for the verse and chorus, they sound good to me.....:wink:

Back
Top Bottom