Why More Basses for Adam?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

animeavalanche

The Fly
Bl?tterkatalog?

If you click that, let it load, and go to page 19, you will see Warwick has 2 new Reversos for sale! One is the gold one we have seen Adam using recently, and the other is a quilted maple (looks like a cherry burst)

Also, note the headstocks on both are black, and not matching

Seems the body and neck woods are different, too, not to mention there is now Active electronics as opposed to passive

That is odd that they are making two models with Active Pickups. Most of Adam's own Warwick's have passive electronics. I've talked with Warwick and they've said that Adam prefer's the passive pickups.

Perhaps those production models with those differences make them cheaper and more affordable? It will be interesting to find out the pricing for those. Although most that want the Reverso want it as Adam plays it and want one like the one's that he uses.

Bl�tterkatalog�

If you click that, let it load, and go to page 19, you will see Warwick has 2 new Reversos for sale! One is the gold one we have seen Adam using recently, and the other is a quilted maple (looks like a cherry burst)

Also, note the headstocks on both are black, and not matching

Seems the body and neck woods are different, too, not to mention there is now Active electronics as opposed to passive

I just heard back from Florin at Warwick:

"Those are the new Korean "Artist Series". They are Bolt On not NT, and they will have a nice price"

So it looks like one will be able to get a gold Reverso that is close to being like Adam's for a price that is not as steep as the Made In Germany 'real' version. (Still awaiting notice of the exact price of the Korean made)

Here's a bit more information:

Adam Clayton

Adam Clayton 4 string - Golden Metallic
Adam Clayton 4 string - Honey Sunburst Satin

Bolt-On
Available as: 4-string only
Available only as right handed version
Warwick Machine heads
Just a Nut III
34" (long scale)
24 Jumbo Bronze frets
Tigerstripe Ebony fingerboard
White Mother of Pearl Block inlays
20” Fingerboard radius
Maple neck with Ekanga Veneer Stripes
Alder body
Finish Available In: Golden Metallic
Active MEC P Pickups
Active MEC 2-band electronics
Volume P/P bypass / treble / bass
Warwick 2-pieces bridge
Warwick security locks
Chrome hardware colour
Weight: 3,8 kg (4-string)
Warwick Red Label 4-string: 045” - 105" (42200 M)
Includes: Rock Bag

From Warwick site: http://warwick.de/modules/produkte/produkt.php?katID=24015&cl=EN

:hyper: An affordable Warwick??? The sunburst one looks neat, though I'd rather have the colour Adam has on stage. Not too fond of the gold.

That's not loading for me. :( What is it supposed to be?

Man I hope the price of these Warwicks will be around 500 euros or something. With that price I could save for it and afford it.

That's not loading for me. :( What is it supposed to be?

Man I hope the price of these Warwicks will be around 500 euros or something. With that price I could save for it and afford it.

T'is a PDF of the page in the catalog with said pics of said Korean-made Warwick Reverso's.

Being that the regular Reverso is around $8,000 USD I can't imagine the Korean made being less than $1000 USD. But I don't know for sure...

That's about 700 euros.. which isn't TOO bad. Would take a while to save for it, but still not a huge disaster, considering my mexican Strat was 519.

T'is a PDF of the page in the catalog with said pics of said Korean-made Warwick Reverso's.

Being that the regular Reverso is around $8,000 USD I can't imagine the Korean made being less than $1000 USD. But I don't know for sure...

Not saying that it will definitely cost $1000 USD. Just saying that I don't think that it will be LESS THAN $1000 USD. (Could be more)

Adam_Clayton-Artist_Series-p19-1.jpg

I would take the Gold one. Looks cooler to me :)

And E_O, he still uses DR Sunbeams. I messaged DR and they got back to me and told me he still uses them :)

I just got the answer from warwick about the new korean artists series.

Shipping should start at the end of Mai / beginning of July.
Prices on the Adam Clayton Signature will be:

1759,- Euros for the gold one
1879,- Euros for the honey burst

So unfortuntaley still a lot more than some of you hoped - but definately more reasonable than the all german version for nearly tripple the money.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom