Why 2 of everything?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bfoster88

The Fly
Just wondering why Edge has 2 of everything in his rack mount.

just watching San Diego last night on DVD, wondered why he has 2 pod pro's, 2 SDD3000, 2 TC2290, 2 Korgs etc.

Something to do with single splittng? backups?

have also noticed that for the price of a new Pod XT Live, you can get a 2nd hand Pod Pro rack mount off ebay for similar money!

backups mostly. i bet it's easier to have many delay units at different times so that he doesnt have to keep changing the presets.

and the Pod XT Live is more expensive than the Pod Pro because the Pro does not come with ground control, while the XT Live is like having a rack processor and a ground control unit, without the rack.

He also usually runs a stereo setup of Vox AC-30s. I assume that, for example, one 2290 would be used for one amp, and the other would be used for the other.

good point lyra.

another thing -- it just looks plain bad ass to have an enourmous rack and a couple amps. on the other end, Adam has a huge wall of amps behind him. i think it's just downright cool.

cheers the replies - all quite interesting.

Might invest in a Pod at somepoint.

Managed to scour a Korg A3 off ebay last week for an awesome price (£66) should be arriving late this week hopefully :) Should get some fun out of that couple with the few pedals ive got.

Probably basic stuff but for me it
:drool: haha

discothequeLP said:
and the Pod XT Live is more expensive than the Pod Pro because the Pro does not come with ground control, while the XT Live is like having a rack processor and a ground control unit, without the rack.

the Pod XT Live is more expensive that the Pod Pro b/c it's the XT version, not because it's a all in one unit. The XT line is leaps and bounds better. The Pod XT Pro costs 699 new and the XT Live is 399 new. The Pro has about 20 features that the Live lacks (e.g. effects loop, XLR in/outs, global EQ setting, straight out for reamping, rack mountable, easier interface, line and instrument level inputs).

Most of the stuff is definitely for back up. The Kord SDD-3000 delays are NOT midi controllable so I think that is the reason for they are so numerous. I hadn't heard that about the 2290's being slow to switch. Could very well be the case. Most of his stuff is brought into the mix using a looper not just bypassing the unit via midi, so he could switch between two 2290's without worrying about midi program changes. It seems like the Pod Pros are the back up situation, but there is some debate about this. If you look at his current vertigo rig with the Skydstrup (sp?) controller, one pod is labeled DI most likely headed right for the house set up.

Back
Top Bottom