Which Humbucker for a Les Paul?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

schnitzolaus

Babyface
Hi,

I have a new Epi Les Paul and I want to change the Pickup's. I don't like the Seymour Duncan SH1. What would you prefer?

I don't want to pay 200€ because that's the half of the guitar. I think The Edge uses T-Tops in his old Les Paul. Maybe SD Alnico II Pro or Rockinger Alnico II Custom (a copy of the SD's?) would be OK?

Thank you...

My suggestion would be Gibson Burstbuckers. They're not cheap, but holy shit do they sound awesome. In my mind they're exactly what a Les Paul should sound like.

Hi,

I have a new Epi Les Paul and I want to change the Pickup's. I don't like the Seymour Duncan SH1. What would you prefer?

I don't want to pay 200€ because that's the half of the guitar. I think The Edge uses T-Tops in his old Les Paul. Maybe SD Alnico II Pro or Rockinger Alnico II Custom (a copy of the SD's?) would be OK?

Thank you...
If you think it's realistic that you'll end up with high-end guitars in the coming up years, you can buy the 200€ pickups if you want. You could put them in your high-end guitar by then and also you can put the original pickups of the high-end guitar in your Epi!

Back
Top Bottom