Which harmonica does Bono use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
coolian2 said:
Acousitofo

I hope someone doesn't spoil the party by reporting that the band is arriving at Hanover Quay at the same time as the show is meant to be on.

Although then we can blame Pavel and his cohorts.

:lol: That'd probably be even funnier.

I just realised they're probably rocking out the Kunstmuseum at about 9am local time too! Yeah, U2 gigs TOTALLY take place then.

Axver said:

:lol: That'd probably be even funnier.

I just realised they're probably rocking out the Kunstmuseum at about 9am local time too! Yeah, U2 gigs TOTALLY take place then.

They're opening the show because they need to get back into the studio

We can attribute that quote to a Bono speech during the show

coolian2 said:

They're opening the show because they need to get back into the studio

We can attribute that quote to a Bono speech during the show

YES.

Plus, the whalers don't have time in the evening to go to gigs. They need to go whaling.

Maybe U2 should cover Dave Dobbyn's Whaling.

coolian2 said:
I had to laugh when i read on Wikipedia that Liechtenstein is one of only two double landlocked countries on earth

Fantastic! Their whaling industry DESPERATELY needs help! Poor guys. Maybe U2 can do something about this. After all, FYM thinks Bono is Jesus.

coolian2 said:
By the way, the 27-12 Point Depot show rocks the fuck out.

Hell yeah. Though I think the gigs on the 26th and 30th were the best of the Point Depot shows.

I just e-mailed you my "dream setlist." Check it out and see if anything I put there sticks out.

When I get a legitimate computer, I'm definitely acquiring these bootlegs. Fuck this '99 Dell.

coolian2 said:
Tonight i may play all four of them back to back (to back to back)

That sounds like a good idea.

Meanwhile, maybe I'll do something PT related.

And I also need to update U2VT with a story about U2 performing The Ballad Of Ronnie Drew and Bono doing those a cappella performances of All You Need Is Love.

Hey, maybe that should be in tonight's set!

I just had a disturbingly awesome vision:

One (snippet) / One Tree Hill

Bono: This, uh, this is a song we play at events like this a lot. We've whored it out to every cause you can poke a stick at, really. Tibet, Africa, Sarajevo, Africa, American politicians, Africa, Irish politicians, Africa a little more. So if you'll get out your cellphones, those powerful little devices, you can light this place up like a galaxy as you call the International Whaling Commission and tell them: Is it getting better or do you feel the same? Will it make it easier on you now, we've whored One out again? Well, fuck this! Here's a song we haven't whored out! We turn away to face the cold, enduring chill ...

Axver said:
I just had a disturbingly awesome vision:

One (snippet) / One Tree Hill

Bono: This, uh, this is a song we play at events like this a lot. We've whored it out to every cause you can poke a stick at, really. Tibet, Africa, Sarajevo, Africa, American politicians, Africa, Irish politicians, Africa a little more. So if you'll get out your cellphones, those powerful little devices, you can light this place up like a galaxy as you call the International Whaling Commission and tell them: Is it getting better or do you feel the same? Will it make it easier on you now, we've whored One out again? Well, fuck this! Here's a song we haven't whored out! We turn away to face the cold, enduring chill ...

:combust:

Alisaura said:
I just made plans to go for dinner and pool tonight.

But we shouldn't be out too late.... :hyper:

You ... have a social life beyond Interference? :shocked:

I FEEL BETRAYED.

Since the postwhoring has slowed down right now, lets laugh at this plonker!

Ivan Segedin's subterfuge killed him when he was in a head-on car crash while wearing a fake seatbelt, a coroner says.
"Ultimately Mr Segedin's actions in driving without a seatbelt have cost him his life in an accident that he may well have survived had he worn one," coroner Carla na Nagara said yesterday.
Mr Segedin died in a crash on July 22 last year near Okato, in Taranaki, from multiple injuries when his car crossed the road and collided head-on with an oncoming vehicle, the coroner said.
Mr Segedin, 39, refused to wear a seatbelt and had been fined for not wearing one 32 times since February 2003.
Examination of his car found that, though it was fitted with proper seatbelts, an additional belt with a long strap had been knotted above the seatbelt on the driver's side, providing a belt to simply sit over the driver's shoulder, Ms Nagara said.
Presumably this was to create the illusion to a passing motorist or police officer that a seatbelt was being worn when it was not.
Mr Segedin's car had an expired warrant, was full of rust, and an autopsy blood test showed he had taken methamphetamine and cannabis. But Ms Nagara said not wearing a seatbelt was the one variable that made the difference between life and death. "He died when quite possibly he need not have."
His fatal injuries were caused when he was thrown forward on to the steering wheel in a low-impact crash.
No blame or responsibility for the crash rested on the other driver, Ms Nagara said.

www.stuff.co.nz/4411812a10.html

phillyfan26 said:
I'm going to say I don't have one. I'm sure that will make you happier ... right?

NO. I WILL NEVER GET OVER THIS.

LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE, ALI.

:sad: :sad: :sad:

Aaaactually, I'm over it.

coolian2 said:
Since the postwhoring has slowed down right now, lets laugh at this plonker!

Ivan Segedin's subterfuge killed him when he was in a head-on car crash while wearing a fake seatbelt, a coroner says.
"Ultimately Mr Segedin's actions in driving without a seatbelt have cost him his life in an accident that he may well have survived had he worn one," coroner Carla na Nagara said yesterday.
Mr Segedin died in a crash on July 22 last year near Okato, in Taranaki, from multiple injuries when his car crossed the road and collided head-on with an oncoming vehicle, the coroner said.
Mr Segedin, 39, refused to wear a seatbelt and had been fined for not wearing one 32 times since February 2003.
Examination of his car found that, though it was fitted with proper seatbelts, an additional belt with a long strap had been knotted above the seatbelt on the driver's side, providing a belt to simply sit over the driver's shoulder, Ms Nagara said.
Presumably this was to create the illusion to a passing motorist or police officer that a seatbelt was being worn when it was not.
Mr Segedin's car had an expired warrant, was full of rust, and an autopsy blood test showed he had taken methamphetamine and cannabis. But Ms Nagara said not wearing a seatbelt was the one variable that made the difference between life and death. "He died when quite possibly he need not have."
His fatal injuries were caused when he was thrown forward on to the steering wheel in a low-impact crash.
No blame or responsibility for the crash rested on the other driver, Ms Nagara said.

www.stuff.co.nz/4411812a10.html

OWNED.

Where's that little box-of-tissues icon someone offered me in the Passengers poll... :lol:

Sounds like that Ivan guy's up for a Darwin award...

coolian2 said:

After going to all that effort, wouldn't it have just been easier and less time consuming to, uh, wear a fucking seatbelt?

I really hope this idiot gets a Darwin Award.

I read some article once about this American kid who refused to wear a seat belt because the law requiring him to wear one impinged on his democratic right to be an idiot, or something like that... of course he died in a car accident, but this article was quoting friends of his who were still defending his stance on the whole seat belt issue.

:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom